Author Topic: Angel is absolutely...  (Read 63160 times)

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: Angel is absolutely...
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »
He was awful tonight, but still, he had 5 assists, and played good defense. It's not his fault that we haven't landed a guard that can penetrate since Frank took over as head coach.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »
I would have like to see Tay take more of Spradling's minutes, honestly. When he's not hitting shots and taking charges, he's pretty worthless. I think he just needs more confidence, but it's hard to gain confidence when you are afraid to take open shots.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »

No, he created opportunities turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover.

Fixed it for you.

We didn't have a better option.  Not sure why this is confusing.   :dunno:
THIS

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »

A)  Angel is giving Frank blowies.
B)  Frank is pissed at Angel for something or other and he wanted to make him looks stupid on national TV for two hours straight.  

what if it's both and they're related?  :surprised:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:52 PM »
Anyone who tries to claim that Angel was anything close to as beneficial to our team as he was costly tonight is a rough ridin' stubborn idiot.  He was rough ridin' terrible. Terrible.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2012, 10:36:18 PM »
I love Angel Rodriguez.  Hopefully he sticks around for a few more years.  TSC!

:tsc:

Yeah his O was absolute  :flush: tonight.  Thoughts on his defense?  Thought he did ok but haven't watched to many ku games to compare with

Offline smith1051

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »

A)  Angel is giving Frank blowies.
B)  Frank is pissed at Angel for something or other and he wanted to make him looks stupid on national TV for two hours straight.  

what if it's both and they're related?  :surprised:

Too much teeth

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 10:36:37 PM »
spradling's ridiculous floater was the definition of nifty.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2012, 10:36:44 PM »

No, he created opportunities turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover.

Fixed it for you.

eff this.  Angel is playing because he is our future, not because he played better than someone else could have.  Figure it the eff out.  he was rough ridin' horrible tonight and to defend him is ludicrous.  Frank was furious with his play, but it's growing pains.  I just wish he would rough ridin' learn from his mistakes instead of doing the same crap over and over and rough ridin' over.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »
What's the score if Tay plays Angels minutes?

68-58 KU

but fewer mistakes! :ksu:

There would have been more mistakes, but far fewer mistakes that the tards on this board would be aware of.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:28 PM »

Yeah his O was absolute  :flush: tonight.  Thoughts on his defense?  Thought he did ok but haven't watched to many ku games to compare with

Only gave up 20 points to Tyshawn.  

:love:  :love:  :love:

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2012, 10:38:14 PM »

Fixed it for you.

eff this.  Angel is playing because he is our future, not because he played better than someone else could have.  Figure it the eff out.  he was rough ridin' horrible tonight and to defend him is ludicrous.  Frank was furious with his play, but it's growing pains.  I just wish he would rough ridin' learn from his mistakes instead of doing the same crap over and over and rough ridin' over.

Disagree friend.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2012, 10:38:58 PM »
We have to have Angel playing well to win. We aren't going to win with Will at PG and Tay at the 2. We just aren't. We also aren't going to win if Angel plays like he did tonight, but we are no worse than with the other combo because teams have to respect Angel off the dribble.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »
spradling's ridiculous floater was the definition of nifty.

He's great when he has no other option than to take the shot, I agree. I just wish he were more aggressive.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2012, 10:39:55 PM »
Freshmen point guards.
When was the last time KU started a freshman at point? Miles, I'd guess.
Recruiting misses at guard is killing us. Really wish we had a shooting guard coming in.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »

Beems, don't need jedi mind tricks in Angel argument threads.   :shakesfist:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2012, 10:40:20 PM »

Fixed it for you.

We didn't have a better option.  Not sure why this is confusing.   :dunno:

There may have been fewer turnovers but I don't think the net result would have been better with Tay or Shane taking minutes from Angel. It's like Self isn't going to sit Tyshawn for the random PG after Elijah Johnson just because he has 10 turnovers against MU.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2012, 10:40:47 PM »

I get the "he's our future" point, and it might be worthwhile to leave him in in a game of less importance. But really, if the point is to develop him, why the eff would he embarrass him for two hours straight like that? It's going to kill his psyche next year when he plays KU.  Leaving him in to embarrass himself all night, in my opinion, makes it more likely that he'll suck again next year vs. KU because of a damaged psyche than that he'll come out and kick ass because he's got more experience.  
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline smith1051

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »
Spradling looks scared out there.  I so want him to be our white guy that goes off on other teams.  Seems to happen to us all of the time.  When is the last time we had one?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:54 PM »

I get the "he's our future" point, and it might be worthwhile to leave him in in a game of less importance. But really, if the point is to develop him, why the eff would he embarrass him for two hours straight like that? It's going to kill his psyche next year when he plays KU.  Leaving him in to embarrass himself all night, in my opinion, makes it more likely that he'll suck again next year vs. KU because of a damaged psyche than that he'll come out and kick ass because he's got more experience.  
that's the stupidest thing i have ever read

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »
eff this.  Angel is playing because he is our future, not because he played better than someone else could have.  Figure it the eff out.  he was rough ridin' horrible tonight and to defend him is ludicrous.  Frank was furious with his play, but it's growing pains.  I just wish he would rough ridin' learn from his mistakes instead of doing the same crap over and over and rough ridin' over.

I get the "he's our future" point, and it might be worthwhile to leave him in in a game of less importance. But really, if the point is to develop him, why the eff would he embarrass him for two hours straight like that? It's going to kill his psyche next year when he plays KU.  Leaving him in to embarrass himself all night, in my opinion, makes it more likely that he'll suck again next year vs. KU because of a damaged psyche than that he'll come out and kick ass because he's got more experience. 

Did you see him throw Thomas Robinson around? That kid isn't going to be scared ever. Chingon said it better than I possibly could.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »

Fixed it for you.

We didn't have a better option.  Not sure why this is confusing.   :dunno:

There may have been fewer turnovers but I don't think the net result would have been better with Tay or Shane taking minutes from Angel. It's like Self isn't going to sit Tyshawn for the random PG after Elijah Johnson just because he has 10 turnovers against MU.

I'm not disagreeing.  We likely wouldn't have won but who knows.  His play was awful.  we can't win with pg play like that....won't happen.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »

Beems, don't need jedi mind tricks in Angel argument threads.   :shakesfist:

Yeah, no doubt.  Was just wanting an opposing teams perspective  :dunno:

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »

What? The? eff?  Angel was aggressive and pissed all game.  Kill his psyche?  No sir.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »

The only people who ever worry or should worry about bullshit like that are the parents of 8-10 year olds.