Author Topic: Tech Bad offense + our good defense  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tech Bad offense + our good defense
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:24:54 PM »
Tech made 3 of their first 4 FGs.   But then........

26:55 of game time
3-23 FG
17 turnovers
14 total pts

Even if Tech is worst Big 12 team of all time.   20 pts allowed in the games first 30 minutes is ridiculous.   That'd be good vs a mediocre Div 2 school

I wasn't exaclty thrilled that we allowed Tech to go on a 18-3 run.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:02:40 PM by Powercat Posse »

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Bad offense + our good defense
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
what a horrible game. love posse's stats anal's though.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »
Brutal game.   I almost came from KC to come to this game.   Glad i didnt borrow for the parents' tickets for this one.    :runaway:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
I kind of like grinders, but I'm strange.

Any time you hold to .75 ppp or less it's darn good.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »
the defense in the middle of the game was fun to watch, especially the 3-2 zone segment of the game.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:41:04 PM »
the defense in the middle of the game was fun to watch, especially the 3-2 zone segment of the game.

Yeah. Offense was ugly, but grinders happen. We coasted a bit when we got up 25. It has no bearing on how we play in Austin, take the win and move on.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »
Cats winning. Endorphins flowing. Beard growing.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 09:44:07 PM »
I don't mind grinders.......... but us going 6-26 FG in the 1st half and looking clueless on how to attack a triangle and 2 defense.    Then resort to sloppy play with 10 TOs in the 2nd half  :facepalm:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »
I don't mind grinders.......... but us going 6-26 FG in the 1st half and looking clueless on how to attack a triangle and 2 defense.    Then resort to sloppy play with 10 TOs in the 2nd half  :facepalm:

That is who this team is.  Not sure after 23 games all the dumbfucks on here don't realize how bad we really are.  Playing a crap schedule before conference play just padded the record a little for us.  The delusion on this board is approaching squawk levels.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »
2 games vs Tech

46 TOs forced.   26 FGs allowed.  :love:

catzacker

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 09:50:10 PM »
Tech is just awful.  We were pretty good at letting them be awful.  

Once again, we have an allergic reaction at the 5 minute mark.  Unbelievable how consistent we are with that.  No way we win in austin if we still can't get over our 5minute mark bed wetting.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
I don't mind grinders.......... but us going 6-26 FG in the 1st half and looking clueless on how to attack a triangle and 2 defense.    Then resort to sloppy play with 10 TOs in the 2nd half  :facepalm:

That is who this team is.  Not sure after 23 games all the dumbfucks on here don't realize how bad we really are.  Playing a crap schedule before conference play just padded the record a little for us.  The delusion on this board is approaching squawk levels.

Meh.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »
That is who this team is.  Not sure after 23 games all the dumbfucks on here don't realize how bad we really are.  Playing a crap schedule before conference play just padded the record a little for us.  The delusion on this board is approaching squawk levels.

Whose sock is this?  Pretty much nailed the "Don't know crap about basketball but this should  piss someone off" persona.   :thumbsup:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
what a horrible game. love posse's stats anal's though.

just read that post a few times. 

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »
was disappointed w/ the lull down the stretch.  i was looking forward to some beyond amazing advanced stats (DE)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 07:36:26 AM »
was disappointed w/ the lull down the stretch.  i was looking forward to some beyond amazing advanced stats (DE)

.73 is still pretty amazing. Bad stretch, bad team, whatever. Actually its the 2nd best DE against a Big 12 team under Frank.

It was ugly basketball, but we played better than most people's perceptions of the game.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »

.73 is still pretty amazing. Bad stretch, bad team, whatever. Actually its the 2nd best DE against a Big 12 team under Frank.

It was ugly basketball, but we played better than most people's perceptions of the game.

with about 10 minutes left it looked liked .50 was possible. 

catzacker

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 07:44:30 AM »

yeah, then tech went on a bender.   i think they scored like 20 points in 7 minutes.  that stretch is why this game was disappointing.  can't even close close the door against Tech?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 07:46:12 AM »

It felt like we settled for .73 when .50 was available.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 08:25:20 AM »
Close the door? We didn't finish great, but they never cut it to single digits. This wasn't about not closing the door, this was about playing really hard for 30 minutes, being up 20+ on the worst team in the league, and the players relaxing. I don't equate this to the games we've blown at all, not even in the same ballpark.

catzacker

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 09:41:40 AM »
Close the door? We didn't finish great, but they never cut it to single digits. This wasn't about not closing the door, this was about playing really hard for 30 minutes, being up 20+ on the worst team in the league, and the players relaxing. I don't equate this to the games we've blown at all, not even in the same ballpark.

if Scraggly McScraggles hits just one of his FT's it would have been a single digit game.  I think it was with about 4 or 3 minutes left.  We had 4 straight awful posessions, with the crown jewel being a wing pass to rodney who trips over his own feet allowing a break away. 

Now, we did turn a 10 point ball game into a 19 point ball game in matter of 2 minutes. So, ya know, there's that.