Author Topic: The Work Blabber  (Read 3482 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
The Work Blabber
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »
I mean shut the eff up already, amirite?  :blah: I don't give a damn about you buying a house, or what vacation you're planning. I mean just stfu. Between work and bbs'ing all day, I don't have time for you. These people are so self unaware. They talk all day about nothing.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:12:46 PM by fanningksu »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: The Work Blabber
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »
It is not hard to recognize that 90% of the people on this site hate everyone they work with. Not me.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
I really feel sorry for all you bastards that have to work in an office all day. also, working with women. heh.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »
I thought we already had a thread about this?   :confused:  But I totally understand your situation.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 08:26:18 PM »
No this is about blabbing. The other one was about crying.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 08:44:20 PM »
what's the difference between the work blabber and the Personal Development for Smart People Forum blabber

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline powercatmiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:48:45 PM »
I work in retail and on the rare occasion Im out of the office and dealing with a customer I always get reeled into hearing stories about their damn grandchildren.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »
i hear interesting blabber at work

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 10:51:16 PM »
i don't really hear a lot of interesting blabber at work because i don't really talk to people at work. if i did, i still wouldn't hear any interesting blabber. plus i only have so many words in an actual day so i have to be kind of smart in how i use them. small talk is a no-no. typing doesn't count.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
i don't really hear a lot of interesting blabber at work because i don't really talk to people at work. if i did, i still wouldn't hear any interesting blabber. plus i only have so many words in an actual day so i have to be kind of smart in how i use them. small talk is a no-no. typing doesn't count.
how many words?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 11:33:08 PM »
how many words?

idk. honestly prob average for a male given how much i have to talk at work. 6-8k? i have to talk a lot for work though, so outside of what i'm required to talk there is no real talking. co-worker talk no thanks. i have to store it up for when i need it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:35:19 PM by rick daris »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 11:37:28 PM »
Exactly. I'm not trying to be a dick, but get the hint, I haven't said anything back to you so im probably not interested in what you're saying.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 12:46:53 AM »
Had to step in the middle and mitigate a heated Missouri/KU conference realignment conversation today between a couple of guys.

The KU guy said, "Let the manager sort it out."

I said, "Go back to work."

Sheesh.  They make 718 page BBS threads about these sorts of things that Pete turns into musicals.  I mean, it's not appropriate for work, ya know?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 12:54:01 AM »
fanning, you realize these people have to work with you, right?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 12:59:58 AM »
fanning, you realize these people get the honor of working with you, right?
fyp

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 11:08:16 AM »
Turn on 810 or a good podcast in your office.  Makes it really hard to just casually stop in for a blab.  Also, bbs really hard.

Offline ksuwizard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »
I mean shut the eff up already, amirite?  :blah: I don't give a damn about you buying a house, or what vacation you're planning. I mean just stfu. Between work and bbs'ing all day, I don't have time for you. These people are so self unaware. They talk all day about nothing.

You do understand that this thread (among others) is in exact comparison to what your co-workers are doing, right? It's just seems that they prefer human interaction over the bbs.  :blindfold:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 11:45:23 AM »
Yeah fanning, just buck up and tell them some funny lines off the crap ku fans say twitter.  Great convo material.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »
There's a reason why I'm "the guy with the headphones on" at my office.  Actually hardly anyone comes into the office except the really old-timey engineers and we have glass doors.  It's quite pleasant.  Hated hearing all the nonsense talk in the cube farm I used to live in. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 11:46:17 AM »
Any of you ever dealt with the "I take myself way too seriously" person at the office?  Working in Lawrence about 5 years ago, the cubicle next to me was inhabited by a 30 something female who constantly used the word "professional" and talked non-stop about professionalism etc., yet she spent about 5 hours a day on her cell phone or chatting with another office person.  One time I overheard her (she talked loud) on the phone talking about attending the wizards game to see David Beckham.  So I asked her later "So, you excited to go to the game?".  1 hour later she sent a memo to the entire office about professionalism and not listening to the personal conversations of others. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
what happened to the place where trim put all of fannings posts?  this would have been a great thread to move.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 11:48:38 AM »
Any of you ever dealt with the "I take myself way too seriously" person at the office?  Working in Lawrence about 5 years ago, the cubicle next to me was inhabited by a 30 something female who constantly used the word "professional" and talked non-stop about professionalism etc., yet she spent about 5 hours a day on her cell phone or chatting with another office person.  One time I overheard her (she talked loud) on the phone talking about attending the wizards game to see David Beckham.  So I asked her later "So, you excited to go to the game?".  1 hour later she sent a memo to the entire office about professionalism and not listening to the personal conversations of others. 
OMG these co-workers are the worst, I said the WORST. I've got one in my office and I want to strangle her. T's and P's Cartier.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »
Why don't you guys just shut your office door if your coworkers are bothering you so much?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »
OMG these co-workers are the worst, I said the WORST. I've got one in my office and I want to strangle her. T's and P's Cartier.

Don't work there anymore.  It was like 5 years ago.  Where I work now is great, so I'm good. 

Offline cracka

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »

I'm going to come off like a sexist.  But I would love to work in a professional setting without women.  So many of the women at the office are either overly emotional or back stabbing bitches.