Author Topic: Leber  (Read 10879 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Leber
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:17:25 PM »
Just got screwed on a bad, bad PI call.  He might earn some share of the blame if Vikings lose this thing.  It was uncatchable AND their feet just got tangled up.

refs want to make sure they get involved though.  Can't let the teams decide it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Leber
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 09:24:17 PM »
Just got screwed on a bad, bad PI call.  He might earn some share of the blame if Vikings lose this thing.  It was uncatchable AND their feet just got tangled up.

refs want to make sure they get involved though.  Can't let the teams decide it.

meh, hit my three team teaser. 

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:43:57 AM »
sat in front of the leber family while ben was in college.

after every tackle he had as the announcer said "tackle by #51 ben leber" instantly they would all scream "LEBER!" at the top of their lungs.

thought this should be known.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »

after every tackle he had as the announcer said "tackle by #51 ben leber" instantly they would all scream "LEBER!" at the top of their lungs.

Noted.  I don't think he gets enough credit for being one of the better Cats in the pros.  It's all Sproles and Newman instead.  Kind of like how Gordon Jump always got overshadowed by Kirstie Alley, even though Gordon Jump was bada**.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »
Vikes got screwed in OT but the 'Aints got screwed for most of regulation. It all evens out.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »

Some serious "man on the street" info from cas here.  Thanks.   :lynchmob:

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
thanks cas for the info

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:51:36 AM »
happy to share. the leber family was great. there would usually be anywhere from 5-10 of them there and they rarely missed a game.

in regard to ben leber, I think he has an argument for being one of the more underrated players in KSU history.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 09:02:06 AM »
happy to share. the leber family was great. there would usually be anywhere from 5-10 of them there and they rarely missed a game.

in regard to ben leber, I think he has an argument for being one of the more underrated players in KSU history.

He would be considered underrated, if not for the fact that most consider him one of the best linebackers in KSU history. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 09:03:50 AM »
Man what a bump.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »

He would be considered underrated, if not for the fact that most consider him one of the best linebackers in KSU history.

he often gets left off of all time KSU teams behind buhl and pierce.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 09:20:01 AM »

so you are saying he was better than buhl then?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
I was hoping to see Leber wandering around the Vikings training camp workout I visited a couple weeks ago.  I did manage to pick up a Freeman jersey to commemorate his single game as a starter there tho.  :lynchmob:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »

ok.  everybody agrees our best linebackers (in no particular order) have been Leber, Simoneau, Kelly, Buhl, Pierce, Spani, Brown. etc.   He doesn't fit the category of "underrated."   :dunno:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 09:50:50 AM »
probably thinks he's underrated because he has a better NFL career than those guys.  but so did Reggie Walker and Zac Diles.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »

tough to put him above buhl, just because buhl's single season tackle mark will probably never be broken ever. (it's 184 BTW and I'm curious where that ranks in the history of CFB).

I'd probably put him in front of pierce though.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 10:15:09 AM »
probably thinks he's underrated because he has a better NFL career than those guys.  but so did Reggie Walker and Zac Diles.

yeah. that's probably more what I was getting at. underrated might not have been the best choice of a word.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »

tough to put him above buhl, just because buhl's single season tackle mark will probably never be broken ever. (it's 184 BTW and I'm curious where that ranks in the history of CFB).

Single season FBS tackle record is 193 by Flugence of Texas Tech. Flugence played about the same time frame as Buhl.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 10:20:42 AM »

Lawrence Flugence, Texas Tech (2002): 193 tackles
Josh Buhl, Kansas St. (2003): 184
Tom Ward, Toledo (2002): 180
Jimmy Cottrell, New Mexico St. (2005): 179
E.J. Henderson, Maryland (2002): 175
John Leake, Clemson (2002): 169
Hunter Hillenmeyer, Vanderbilt (2002): 168
Byron Hardmon, Florida (2002): 168
Nick Greisen, Wisconsin (2001): 167
Rodney Thomas, Clemson (2002): 167

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »

Most tackles, season[edit]
FBS: 193 – Lawrence Flugence, Texas Tech, 2002[40]
FCS: 195 – Kevin Talley, Norfolk State, 2003[55]
Div II: 169 – B. J. Russell, Mesa State, 2004[42]
Div III: 198 – Kyle McGivney, Luther, 2010[43]

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:57 AM »
wow. I figured it had to be up towards the top. very impressive.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
what in the world was going on around 2002? tackling like crazy. a tacklenado.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 11:01:36 AM »
Buhl is in 3rd place.

and I agree Catchacold wowsies!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »
Chris Johnson from CHICKASEE OKLAHOMA is second in TFL in a single game. 7 against KU.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 05:24:16 PM »

yeah. that's probably more what I was getting at. underrated might not have been the best choice of a word.

Underrated was a fine word to use.  I'm probably the biggest K-State fan on the board and I constantly underrate him.  Sometimes when I think about KSU linebackers he doesn't even come to mind.   :horrorsurprise: