Author Topic: Pinkel got DGB to stay in-state...signed with Mizzou a few minutes ago..  (Read 10058 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
if only some of these turn coats in Kansas did the same.  No problem with this particular class but some recent classes. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pinkel got DGB to stay in-state...signed with Mizzou a few minutes ago..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:32:14 AM »
'grats Mizzou

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
He saw how easy MU's schedule was going to be.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:38:28 AM »
jfc, i've never seen so much fanfare over a wide receiver. i mean, he's good and all, but it's not a difference maker for a program.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:42:53 AM »
jfc, i've never seen so much fanfare over a wide receiver. i mean, he's good and all, but it's not a difference maker for a program.
Michael Crabtree, Justin Blackmon. . . I would go nuts if we had a WR that had their potential.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »
if only some of these turn coats in Kansas did the same.  No problem with this particular class but some recent classes. 

Maybe we shoot focusing our attention on the recruiters and not the kids.  Just a thought.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »
Michael Crabtree, Justin Blackmon. . . I would go nuts if we had a WR that had their potential.

Crabtree and Blackmon had good quarterbacks throwing to them.  James Franklin is not a good quarterback.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
Their recruiting class is still like 7th in the SEC.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
LHC Bill Snyder  :flush:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:38 AM »
Their recruiting class is still like 7th in the SEC.

Man, the SEC related bbs'n will be fantastic when MU wins their div next year.  Stats like this are going to make sure of it.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »
 :sdeek:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Dorial-Green-Beckham-inside-the-chase-for-nations-top-recruit-020112

Tracy Beckham, who has a master’s degree from the University of Kansas, was just as disappointed in the Jayhawks’ recruiting efforts under former coach Turner Gill, who was fired in November after two disastrous seasons. Kansas twice scheduled visits to see Dorial but canceled both, Tracy Beckham said.

“They were just a mess,” Tracy Beckham said

When Missouri coach Gary Pinkel made his in-home visit with the Beckhams the third week of January, he came in a helicopter. Upon landing, he was greeted by Dorial, who then climbed into the aircraft.

A photograph of Dorial sitting in the aircraft was on the Internet within minutes. Not mentioned, though, was that his being in the helicopter was a violation of NCAA rules.

But Missouri knew it and the next day, offensive coordinator David Yost called John Beckham and told him he was headed to the university’s compliance office to report the violation.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:12:06 AM by WillieWatanabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 08:53:35 AM »
wow.  good job fitting into the SEC right away, Gary.  seriously a great recruiting stunt.  would be proud of any WRSOAT attempting this.

would like to see a gif or ms paint of old ballz pulling this off

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 09:15:14 AM »
My god, landing a helicopter on a recruits lawn, street, local park, whatevs is legit recruiting.  Elite. 

If I was 18 and any decent BCS school dropped a helicopter in front of me, specifically for me, I would be all  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »
Of course Pinkel took a helicopter there, he can't drive.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:06 AM »
Of course Pinkel took a helicopter there, he can't drive.

LOL

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 09:51:47 AM »
:sdeek:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Dorial-Green-Beckham-inside-the-chase-for-nations-top-recruit-020112

Tracy Beckham, who has a master’s degree from the University of Kansas, was just as disappointed in the Jayhawks’ recruiting efforts under former coach Turner Gill, who was fired in November after two disastrous seasons. Kansas twice scheduled visits to see Dorial but canceled both, Tracy Beckham said.

“They were just a mess,” Tracy Beckham said

When Missouri coach Gary Pinkel made his in-home visit with the Beckhams the third week of January, he came in a helicopter. Upon landing, he was greeted by Dorial, who then climbed into the aircraft.

A photograph of Dorial sitting in the aircraft was on the Internet within minutes. Not mentioned, though, was that his being in the helicopter was a violation of NCAA rules.

But Missouri knew it and the next day, offensive coordinator David Yost called John Beckham and told him he was headed to the university’s compliance office to report the violation.

Man, it would be fun to be a fan of a school for a day that actually cared about recruiting.

These types of stories are great.  Just imagine how fun that must be for them!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
holy crap, intentionally commiting an offense just to self report.  imagine LHC Bill Snyder pulling up to your house in the oscar meyer weiner mobile

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
forget the helicopter gif/ms paint the OB/weinermobile    :drool:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »
holy crap, intentionally commiting an offense just to self report.  imagine LHC Bill Snyder pulling up to your house in the oscar meyer weiner mobile

I imagine werther's original having a similar mobile and Snyder rolling up in it.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »
How drunk did Gary get last night?

Hammered.  Totally gassed.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
Complete waste of time and resources recruiting 4 and 5 star guys. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
Oh you mean 3* Justin Blackmon or 4* Crabtree are far superior to our 3* Tyler Lockett and 4* Chris Harper?

Stop leg humping ever star you see.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
Complete waste of time and resources recruiting 4 and 5 star guys. 

Unless you're Gary Pinkel. :blank:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
Oh you mean 3* Justin Blackmon or 4* Crabtree are far superior to our 3* Tyler Lockett and 4* Chris Harper?

Stop leg humping ever star you see.
I'm saying those guys were difference makers, dumbass.  I didn't say anything about how highly projected they were.  And this guy has the potential to make as big of or a bigger impact than either of them.  I would pop a bottle of champagne if we got the #1 FB recruit in the country.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 07:30:06 AM »
Sometimes these 4 or 5 star guys turn out to be really, really good.   I mean, no need to get all mad and list all the busts . . . because,  you know, sometimes, they win Heisman's, and Outlands and go on to big time NFL careers and are huge difference makers. 

We have folks in this fan base that are so defensive about recruiting, that all they can do is roll out all the busts, and highly rated recruits that were mediocre at best.

Recruiting really highly rated guys takes some work . . . sure would like to think that this K-State staff isn't that afraid to target one or two high profile guys that could probably fit well into the K-State system and really go after them hard.   I don't know about you guys but a 4 Star Robert Griffin type QB could probably be pretty prolific in the K-State offense.    Yeah, recruiting guys like that does mean, you know, you've got to recruit them early, or you've got to, you know, go out and recruit them some more during the season and such.   It might actually mean that coaches have to go out more on Friday nights . . . are they still game planning on Friday nights at K-State?   Wow, no wonder its paralysis by analysis against better teams in bigger games. 

See, wouldn't it be nice to look at kid and not have to project, or pull out discussions like, "Well, he's young, he only turned 18 . . . " or, "Well he's got great calfs, and he was 32-1 wrestling as a flyweight . . . " or, "He ran a 4.8 40, but it was on wet grass on a 46 degree day . . . "

Wouldn't it be nice to have a kid sign that you can say, "Golly, if he listens and works hard, he's gonna be a superstar . .  ."

Oh well, one can dream I suppose.