Author Topic: Sprads shooting woes  (Read 10309 times)

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sprads shooting woes
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »
Big 12 play so far = 15-54 FG, 9-32 3pt.    And a few of his 3 pt shots have been airballs.  Not a good sign

He has gotta get out of his funk.   A shooter cant have numbers like this. Hopefully having 3 of next 4 games at home will get him out of this cold stretch

If we are hitting our outside shot and our 3s.... we are a tough team to beat.   

On the flip side =
1)  Sprads did play pretty well on defense these past 2 road games
2)  Love how Tay has helped our outside shooting by hitting his mid range jumpers

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sprads shooting woes
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »
Is it possible he has an injury that is affecting his shot? Like maybe his arm is broken or something.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »
It appears he isn't aiming for the basket when he shoots.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:33:34 PM »
It appears he isn't aiming for the basket when he shoots.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »
I keep thinking he'll shoot out of it, but man. At least he kept the TOs down tonight. He's in about as bad a funk as I can remember a decent shooter having though.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
IMO, he has to work harder to get some more open looks.    When teams play zone, i have noticed he is not looking to find the sweet spots on the perimeter.  He is more concerned being a passer

Some of his shots have been forced or he just shoots the ball very quickly (so it doesnt get blocked).    

He doesnt take a lot of dumb 2pt shots.............. but he is only 6-22 from inside 3.    Thats pittiful.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 12:31:10 AM »
How do we even know he's a shooter? Maybe he just sucks at shooting

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 12:44:38 AM »
How do we even know he's a shooter? Maybe he just sucks at shooting

He has the #1 trait of being a shooter...   :opcat:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 01:32:07 AM »
Jesus christ he's still 39% from 3 on the year while taking significantly more shots than last year when he shot 37%. It's just a normal period pretty much every shooter goes through every year. No one shoots 40% every game. You'll have a few 20% games and a few 60% games along the way.

Jesus Christ. Does Kansas State University teach statistics.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »
I figured he was teaching Frank a lesson. :dunno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 06:58:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure its just because he's playing out of position as the guard who's supposed to shoot on intentional OReb plays.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 07:00:25 AM »
Jesus christ he's still 39% from 3 on the year while taking significantly more shots than last year when he shot 37%. It's just a normal period pretty much every shooter goes through every year. No one shoots 40% every game. You'll have a few 20% games and a few 60% games along the way.

Slow down big guy.  As Posse stated, he's had several air balls and some that hit the side of the backboard.  That's more than just being "off" on a night or two.  Hope he's ok.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 07:16:11 AM »
Spradling is a good shooter who's just shooting the ball off the bottom of the backboard right now.

He'll be back.  Just needs to aim better.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 08:45:12 AM »
I noticed he passed up a couple of open 3's in the second half against Tech. They were both pretty early in the shot clock but I'd like to think that if he wasnt struggling he takes the shot  :dunno:.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »

I don't consider a 5 game stretch (and 6 out of 7) with no eFG% over 40% statistically irrelevant. I think he needs to keep shooting and he'll work out of it, but to me this is a significant slump. And the 3 points shooting is an issue, but my biggest disappointment is that he's only 27% on 2PT attempts in Big 12 games.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 09:08:53 AM »
Oh my gosh, a couple airballs? Frank needs to stop making him a man and substituting and working on free throws and start working on not airballing shots! :sdeek:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »
michigancat post

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
I noticed he passed up a couple of open 3's in the second half against Tech. They were both pretty early in the shot clock but I'd like to think that if he wasnt struggling he takes the shot  :dunno:.

Shooters gotta shoot.  You gotta shoot yourself out of a slump.  Denis was the best at that.  Our dumbass fans used to get so mad at him for bombing away but they were less mad when he started hitting all those shots.  Denis never quit (or slowed down) shooting.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 09:21:27 AM »

I don't consider a 5 game stretch (and 6 out of 7) with no eFG% over 40% statistically irrelevant. I think he needs to keep shooting and he'll work out of it, but to me this is a significant slump. And the 3 points shooting is an issue, but my biggest disappointment is that he's only 27% on 2PT attempts in Big 12 games.

It is about as statistically relevant as Angel shooting 15% from 3 before Honolulu. (He's shooting 43%from 3 in conference games). Agree that Doc's 2's could be better, but again, he's not far off from last year and he's already taken 13 more attempts from 2.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 09:22:06 AM »
Oh my gosh, a couple airballs? Frank needs to stop making him a man and substituting and working on free throws and start working on not airballing shots! :sdeek:

Not sure who this is aimed at.  I don't recall anyone blaming Frank.  Weird posts from Rusty on this one.  

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
Somone buy him the JJ Reddick shooting dvd.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 09:27:33 AM »

Not sure who this is aimed at.  I don't recall anyone blaming Frank.  Weird posts from Rusty on this one. 

I was pointing out that this conversation is as dumb as the FT/substitution/make players men discussions. Your airball post confirmed it (not sure if you were serious). I really don't care if you're blaming Frank or not.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »
I noticed he passed up a couple of open 3's in the second half against Tech. They were both pretty early in the shot clock but I'd like to think that if he wasnt struggling he takes the shot  :dunno:.

Shooters gotta shoot.  You gotta shoot yourself out of a slump.  Denis was the best at that.  Our dumbass fans used to get so mad at him for bombing away but they were less mad when he started hitting all those shots.  Denis never quit (or slowed down) shooting.

I agree. Sprads took a couple good shots when Tech went zone and I had no problem with it. Once after a timeout he ended up with the ball near the basket and went up and shot a lay-up. He'll work out of it, he's just been in a slump longer than I expected him to be.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 09:32:39 AM »
Bottom line, he's in a slump. Pretty sure, he'd say so. Slumps end.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 09:34:51 AM »
Keep beating that drum rusty, there's no problem here.  All "shooters" have 7 game stretches like this.  0-5, 2 points, 1 assist, 3 fouls in 22 minutes.  I agree there's nothing wrong he's getting better :ksu:

Stats class :excited: