Author Topic: Bluetooth headphones question  (Read 1398 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Bluetooth headphones question
« on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
Here's the set up:

I have a Pioneer tuner for my home theater set up.  Doesn't have bluetooth.

I have really nice earbuds I use for working out.  Also, are not bluetooth.

I want to start watching DVD's and Netflix while running on the treadmill.

Anyone know of a product/combo of products that I can use to create a bluetooth/remote pairing here?  I have found two-way bluetooth gateways for sale, but they seem to work as broadcasting to headphones that are already bluetooth compatible, or to streaming music from a bluetooth enabled MP3 player/device.  I haven't found anything that would address the headphone end of the connection.  I don't want to go buy actual home theater bluetooth headphones because I don't want to wear bulky headphones on the treadmill and don't want to ruin them by sweating my ass off into them.

Anyone know of a solution on the headphone side?  Some sort of gateway device for that end?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth headphones question
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:44:28 PM »
Lifetime warranty against sweat, http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/. They have the uSport Universal Bluetooth Adapter  too that I think you can plug into your theater setup to sync the two. You'd want to doublecheck that though. Never actually used it, but have been thinking about getting the headphones.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
also of note- bluetooth sucks balls.  tia.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
I used this to stream from my computer/phone to speakers. It would work for headphones:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Speaker-Bluetooth-980-000540/dp/B004VM1T5S/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326929568&sr=1-2

But yeah the only problem is bluetooth sucks balls. At least from my computer. Seems to work OK with my phone, but haven't tried it much.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:57:39 AM »
I used this to stream from my computer/phone to speakers. It would work for headphones:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Speaker-Bluetooth-980-000540/dp/B004VM1T5S/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326929568&sr=1-2

But yeah the only problem is bluetooth sucks balls. At least from my computer. Seems to work OK with my phone, but haven't tried it much.

With regard to the ball sucking, what should I be using in bluetooth's place?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 08:59:49 AM »
Lifetime warranty against sweat, http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/. They have the uSport Universal Bluetooth Adapter  too that I think you can plug into your theater setup to sync the two. You'd want to doublecheck that though. Never actually used it, but have been thinking about getting the headphones.

If not for two outta three responses discussing the ball suckingness of bluetooth, I would say these look like a legit resolution.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:59:46 PM »
Well, I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Bluetooth either, but reviews of those products are pretty good and it's at least v2.1+EDR compliant. If you don't like them, return them. Probably have them on Amazon.

Why do you need headphones anyways? If you're at home why aren't you using speakers?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
Well, I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Bluetooth either, but reviews of those products are pretty good and it's at least v2.1+EDR compliant. If you don't like them, return them. Probably have them on Amazon.

Why do you need headphones anyways? If you're at home why aren't you using speakers?

You have to turn the speakers up pretty loud to hear the show over the treadmill, unless you just happen to have a whisper-quiet treadmill.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »

i have a special hate for it in my heart given the insane amount of hype it had during its development.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Bluetooth headphones question
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »

You have to turn the speakers up pretty loud to hear the show over the treadmill, unless you just happen to have a whisper-quiet treadmill.

Yeah, this and at 5am and my fam will sleep through treadmill noise, but prob not Walking Dead over the treadmill noise.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »
Is bluetooth ok yet for wireless headphones?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 10:08:33 PM »
I have some Motorola Bluetooth headphones that are working out pretty well for me