Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625978 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #500 on: June 09, 2010, 01:18:12 PM »
:lol:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 09, 2010, 01:18:52 PM »
I recently went into game stop and talked to one of their employees. We discussed such games as assasains creed. There will be a new one released in november ? i think that was when he said. Online play will be on the game.
Ncaa football and Madden are screwing us over so bad. If you want to buy the game, and play online. Your going to have to pay 75$. Its like an extra package and its absolute bulllllshiiiitttt.

I heard it comes with the game new, but it can only be used once, so if you buy a used copy you have to pay for the code to play online with them.
its like 10 or 15 extra bucks or something i think.

YEAH, but only if you buy the game used.  New games will come with a code that works once to unlock online gaming. rental games will have 7 days free.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/ea-sports-to-charge-10-to-play-used-games-online.ars

I like this.  Figure it will make used games cheaper to make up for the $10 you'll have to spend.  Bonus for me who doesnt play much online

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 09, 2010, 01:30:19 PM »
I recently went into game stop and talked to one of their employees. We discussed such games as assasains creed. There will be a new one released in november ? i think that was when he said. Online play will be on the game.
Ncaa football and Madden are screwing us over so bad. If you want to buy the game, and play online. Your going to have to pay 75$. Its like an extra package and its absolute bulllllshiiiitttt.

Yeah, that's only for used games. You are still getting screwed because they're selling you a game you already own for $60. I will not buy another NCAA game until I am allowed to:

Set an athletic budget, including ticket prices, parking and concessions.
Make upgrades to facilities and the stadium, including relocating and building a new one.
Set the schedule based on the budget (pay for crappy teams to come play, have to schedule 2-for-1 to get good teams).
It would also be nice if I could try to get other conferences to pick me up (like Mizzou is currently doing).

This would make it possible for me to take a crappy school and turn them into a power without having to continue playing in a high school stadium.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 09, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
you have to start playing Red Dead immediately.  it's awesome.

2 Xbox questions:

1.  I cannot save my progress in any game, it says I have to have attached or inserted some memory device?  What the shazbot! does that mean, the console will not save?  Once I have this issue resolved, I will buy and play RDR which brings me to my second question;

2.  Will you guys stop playing right now and not restart until I get the game so I can join in once I get question 1 figured out?

TIA

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 09, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »

2 Xbox questions:

1.  I cannot save my progress in any game, it says I have to have attached or inserted some memory device?  What the shazbot! does that mean, the console will not save?  Once I have this issue resolved, I will buy and play RDR which brings me to my second question;

2.  Will you guys stop playing right now and not restart until I get the game so I can join in once I get question 1 figured out?

TIA

1. You need a hard drive or a memory stick.  I think USB sticks may work now, too.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:26 PM »

Yeah, that's only for used games. You are still getting screwed because they're selling you a game you already own for $60. I will not buy another NCAA game until I am allowed to:

Set an athletic budget, including ticket prices, parking and concessions.
Make upgrades to facilities and the stadium, including relocating and building a new one.
Set the schedule based on the budget (pay for crappy teams to come play, have to schedule 2-for-1 to get good teams).
It would also be nice if I could try to get other conferences to pick me up (like Mizzou is currently doing).

This would make it possible for me to take a crappy school and turn them into a power without having to continue playing in a high school stadium.

:cheers:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 09, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »

2 Xbox questions:

1.  I cannot save my progress in any game, it says I have to have attached or inserted some memory device?  What the shazbot! does that mean, the console will not save?  Once I have this issue resolved, I will buy and play RDR which brings me to my second question;

2.  Will you guys stop playing right now and not restart until I get the game so I can join in once I get question 1 figured out?

TIA

1. You need a hard drive or a memory stick.  I think USB sticks may work now, too.

ya just go to eb games in westport and grab a memory module thing that pops into the front of the xbox.  sounds like your bro didn't buy one with a hard drive attached and they are really expensive if you buy them seperately so don't go back and buy one now.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 09, 2010, 10:19:22 PM »

2 Xbox questions:

TIA

ya just go to eb games in westport and grab a memory module thing that pops into the front of the xbox.  sounds like your bro didn't buy one with a hard drive attached and they are really expensive if you buy them seperately so don't go back and buy one now.

I am going to kill him when he gets back from Afghanistan!!!!   :chainsaw:

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 09, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »
you can use usb drives now. i havent done it but its a feature they added recently. but make sure the drive is empty because i think it gets formatted by the 360 before it can use it

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2010, 07:38:25 AM »
you can use usb drives now. i havent done it but its a feature they added recently. but make sure the drive is empty because i think it gets formatted by the 360 before it can use it

only up to 16gb though. and flash drives are recommended over standard hard drives.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 10, 2010, 09:43:52 AM »
Your all right about the NCAA football franchise. I agree 100%. But with a new game engine I just have to try it out. Even if it does mean wasting my $$$$$
EMAW

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »
Not sure if you're aware of this, but Blockbuster rents games.

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 10, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »

only up to 16gb though. and flash drives are recommended over standard hard drives.

yeah i should have specified flash drives but 16 is enough. my 360 hd is only 20

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 11, 2010, 10:35:40 PM »
Just make sure that you save "Remember my Family" mission for the end (at least 90% completion) or you will be caught off guard.  This is the last mission.

Just finished the last mission. Holy crap. I'm kinda pissed and sad, not gonna lie.  :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 11, 2010, 10:41:49 PM »
Just make sure that you save "Remember my Family" mission for the end (at least 90% completion) or you will be caught off guard.  This is the last mission.

Just finished the last mission. Holy crap. I'm kinda pissed and sad, not gonna lie.  :frown:

Who's that mission through?  Those bros at blackwater?

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2010, 12:01:16 AM »
Just make sure that you save "Remember my Family" mission for the end (at least 90% completion) or you will be caught off guard.  This is the last mission.

It takes place at the farm, and the bros are involved.  :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 12, 2010, 12:18:07 AM »

I was too. I went on a rampage after.  Killed everything and everyone I saw for a while.  FUN!
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »

I was too. I went on a rampage after.  Killed everything and everyone I saw for a while.  FUN!

I almost don't even want to finish out the challenges and what not...I need to get better at Duels as well. Can't get the dead eye down.
- chunkles

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »
Can you continue to roam around after you finish the game? No spoilers please!

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2010, 01:53:39 PM »

Yeah, [spoiler]but you have to play as his son, who is a gigantic loser.[/spoiler]

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 13, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »
360 Slim?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 14, 2010, 07:57:37 AM »
Project Natal...I dub thee, "KINECT"

E3 starts today! Microsoft at 12:00 PM CST

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 14, 2010, 08:01:44 AM »

Yeah, [spoiler]but you have to play as his son, who is a gigantic loser.[/spoiler]

I'm finally wrapping up the challenges. I need to find 2 of each remaining flowers/herbs and am like rank 7 on sharpshooting. Time to kill some bears with 1 shot! Might go back and play some missions and get a better medal or w/e.
- chunkles

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 14, 2010, 08:04:08 AM »
eff me. I accidently looked at the spoiler text.  How much time left until I beat the game?  I just finished McDougals mission chain and doing the federal agent dudes mission chain. (Just finished the mission where you corner Dutch in the bank)

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 14, 2010, 08:34:16 AM »
finally picked this game up friday and started playing.  I apparently get distracted from the story way to easily and spent over an hour just shooting deer.