Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625890 times)

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #3300 on: November 15, 2012, 02:31:06 PM »
I'm really enjoying FIFA 13, but it honestly isn't a whole lot different from FIFA 12.

Thank you, Nuts Kicked. I will eliminate FIFA.

That's not true imo. The new first touch system them implemented makes it way different. (and better imo)

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: November 15, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
I normally pick a gun and stick with it.

I also suck with pretty much everything besides an assault rifle so it makes the choice easier.

Usually the same for me -- I started with the MTAR, working towards silencer.  Tried the ladder games last night and got destroyed. 

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: November 15, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »
Question - if I haven't played COD for years and really have no idea what I will be doing, is it worth buying? Like can I play with other noobs or am I forced to play against people who play 17 hours a day. Is the single person game worth buying or does the multi-player mode make the game?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: November 15, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »
are you going to the MASSIVE_PAKC?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: November 15, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »
Question - if I haven't played COD for years and really have no idea what I will be doing, is it worth buying? Like can I play with other noobs or am I forced to play against people who play 17 hours a day. Is the single person game worth buying or does the multi-player mode make the game?

applejack.  Get FIFA 13.  I will play you tonight.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: November 15, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »

I would recommend having a posse of friends that play that doesn't include the 17 hours a day crowd.  I play with my friends, not with the 11 year old that will destroy me.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: November 15, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »

I would recommend having a posse of friends that play that doesn't include the 17 hours a day crowd.  I play with my friends, not with the 11 year old that will destroy me.

Agreed, none of the shooters are half as fun if you don't know the people you are playing against. On the single person question, out of all the COD games I've owned, I think I played Single player once on one of them, only because my gold subscription ran out.

on that note, I bit the bullet and picked it up today. ksminisgod if anyone wants to play. I think i have a few members from here on my friend list.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: November 15, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »

I play pretty casually and still do ok.

I'm guessing you will be fine unless you are just god awful.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: November 15, 2012, 11:42:38 PM »
I simply just carried the team tonight. Ben Ji can confirm. Just domination by the King, DOMINATION!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:53:23 AM by Winters »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: November 16, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »
I'm really enjoying FIFA 13, but it honestly isn't a whole lot different from FIFA 12.

Thank you, Nuts Kicked. I will eliminate FIFA.

That's not true imo. The new first touch system them implemented makes it way different. (and better imo)

Yeah, well every year there is something new like that. I just don't think it's anywhere near as groundbreaking as the new defensive system that was implemented in last year's game.

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: November 16, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »

What did you decide on?  (I got FIFA 13 for free w/ my SI Sub)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: November 16, 2012, 12:52:10 PM »
I simply just carried the team tonight. Ben Ji can confirm. Just domination by the King, DOMINATION!

True story, I felt like a NooB racking up 10-12 kills while winters was  :billdance: his way to 23 most games. Post grad life is slowly eroding my skills  :frown:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: November 16, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »
Okay, which should I get, Halo 4 or Call of Duty?

For reference, I loved Halo 1 & 2, and COD 4: Modern Warfare.  Thought Halo 3 and Reach were decent but not nearly as good as the first two.  Also, did not enjoy COD: Modern Warfare 2 nearly as much as the first.  Haven't played any of the other Call of Duty games. 
:adios:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: November 19, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »
hey guys, rams here.  I'm looking to get a new game for my xbox.  the xbox was purchased for the kids and I've been avoiding getting a game for myself because I tend to get slightly (embarrassingly) addicted.  I played ghost recon, hitman, and the first modern warfare on my laptop a long time ago and would like to get a game like that.  I kind of like the sneaky silent killer type crap.  like I was always the dude in modern warfare multiplayer that took my sniper rifle and just hid out and picked people off.  I think I've narrowed it down to a few (in no particular order):

1. hitman: absolution
2. halo 4
3. black ops 2
4. assassin's creed

I've never played any version of halo or assassin's creed and don't know much about either.  advice?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:38:02 PM by Rams »
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: November 19, 2012, 10:47:09 PM »
BF1942 is free on origin now, everyone go download it.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: November 19, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »
BF1942 is free on origin now, everyone go download it.

what console hemmy

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: November 20, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »
hey guys, rams here.  I'm looking to get a new game for my xbox.  the xbox was purchased for the kids and I've been avoiding getting a game for myself because I tend to get slightly (embarrassingly) addicted.  I played ghost recon, hitman, and the first modern warfare on my laptop a long time ago and would like to get a game like that.  I kind of like the sneaky silent killer type crap.  like I was always the dude in modern warfare multiplayer that took my sniper rifle and just hid out and picked people off.  I think I've narrowed it down to a few (in no particular order):

2. halo 4
3. black ops 2
4. assassin's creed

I've never played any version of halo or assassin's creed and don't know much about either.  advice?

Honestly you should look into skyrim.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: November 20, 2012, 07:02:56 AM »
I'll be unboxing my Wii U today. Excited!
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: November 20, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »

2. halo 4
3. black ops 2
4. assassin's creed

hitman is the newest sneaky sneaky game, pretty good reviews.  black ops2 and halo are both in your face shooters.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: November 20, 2012, 09:50:29 AM »
saul, no ps all-stars? battle royale?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: November 20, 2012, 10:06:10 AM »
saul, no ps all-stars? battle royale?
meh. Mediocre reviews for the scale of the game. I played the beta and wasn't that impressed. I'll wait for the next Smash brothers.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: November 20, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
i haven't seen any reviews yet, that's too bad.  could use a new button masher and this one seemed to have a lot of potential.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: November 20, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »
posting from a wii U lol

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: November 21, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »
 :surprised:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: November 21, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »
Everybody just needs to play halo with me
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!