Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 626076 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread (Free Madden 2011?)
« Reply #750 on: August 10, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »
I am about to get gamefly and I was wondering what games to rent?
That depends.  Don't rent anything with anything lower than a medium availability, or you won't get it for weeks.
Was thinking about getting some Original Xbox games... :dunno:

GUN is a good one.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 10, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »
so is The Godfather

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 11, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »
Hey guys I just rescued the princess in super mario brothers.  It only took me 20 years but it was worth it.  Any suggestions on my next game to get?  I was thinking about legond of Zelda.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 11, 2010, 10:25:43 AM »
Hey guys I just rescued the princess in super mario brothers.  It only took me 20 years but it was worth it.  Any suggestions on my next game to get?  I was thinking about legond of Zelda.

Maybe Legend of Zelda.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 11, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »

Maybe Legend of Zelda.
Yeah was having trouble finding Legond of Zelda.  But yours is much easier to find.  Thnx

Offline number_one_KSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 11, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »
Great thread guy!

While all of the VIDEO GAMES mentioned so far are very much enjoyble to me, I am really looking forward to HALO: REACH.  I cannot wait to experience the fateful moments that forged the Halo legend. This is the story of Noble Team, a squad of heroic Spartan soldiers, and their final stand on planet Reach, humanity’s last line of defense between the terrifying Covenant and Earth. This darker story is echoed by grittier visuals amid a backdrop of massive, awe-inspiring environments. Characters, enemies, and environments are rendered in amazing detail by an all-new engine designed to deliver epic-scale encounters against the cunning and ruthless Covenant.

Plus, here's a hop tip: Pick up your copy of Halo: Reach on Launch Day to gain access to an exclusive, downloadable Spartan Recon helmet! You will receive a token to unlock the exclusive MJOLNIR Mark VI Spartan Recon helmet variant, developed for high priority reconnaissance missions, when you grab the game on Launch Day.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 11, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »
lol

love this guy

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 11, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »
I am about to get gamefly and I was wondering what games to rent?
That depends.  Don't rent anything with anything lower than a medium availability, or you won't get it for weeks.
Was thinking about getting some Original Xbox games... :dunno:

GUN is a good one.
Gun was pretty good, isn't better than either of the Red Dead's
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 11, 2010, 11:32:31 AM »
Great thread guy!

While all of the VIDEO GAMES mentioned so far are very much enjoyble to me, I am really looking forward to HALO: REACH.  I cannot wait to experience the fateful moments that forged the Halo legend. This is the story of Noble Team, a squad of heroic Spartan soldiers, and their final stand on planet Reach, humanity’s last line of defense between the terrifying Covenant and Earth. This darker story is echoed by grittier visuals amid a backdrop of massive, awe-inspiring environments. Characters, enemies, and environments are rendered in amazing detail by an all-new engine designed to deliver epic-scale encounters against the cunning and ruthless Covenant.

Plus, here's a hop tip: Pick up your copy of Halo: Reach on Launch Day to gain access to an exclusive, downloadable Spartan Recon helmet! You will receive a token to unlock the exclusive MJOLNIR Mark VI Spartan Recon helmet variant, developed for high priority reconnaissance missions, when you grab the game on Launch Day.
:driving:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 11, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »
Great thread guy!

I cannot wait for Reach either, as I implied earleir in this thread. Halo games have always been my favorite. The Call of Duty franshise is a joke compared to the Halo series. Thank you Bungie for making the best games on the market. Hopefully, you MW2 tards will switch to Reach when it comes out. Black Ops is going to be terrible.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 11, 2010, 10:46:05 PM »
Thomas Clancy can still turn out a mean game for the video gaming machines on occasion

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 11, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »
Great thread guy!

I cannot wait for Reach either, as I implied earleir in this thread. Halo games have always been my favorite. The Call of Duty franshise is a joke compared to the Halo series. Thank you Bungie for making the best games on the market. Hopefully, you MW2 tards will switch to Reach when it comes out. Black Ops is going to be terrible.

This is why console gamers are a laughing stock.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 12, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
Great thread guy!

i have to admit, i laughed but i thought it was a parody post. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 12, 2010, 08:45:46 AM »
Great thread guy!

That's an ironic statement coming from a PC gamer.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 12, 2010, 08:51:59 AM »
Halo is by far the most overhyped series in the history of gaming, and is most undeserving of all its accolades. It's seriously a garbage game. 
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 12, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »
agreed

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 12, 2010, 10:28:59 AM »
I got Halo (3, I think?) for free a year or so ago. Played it for about 6 minutes and gave it away.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 12, 2010, 01:17:30 PM »
I got Halo (3, I think?) for free a year or so ago. Played it for about 6 minutes and gave it away.

That's the problem. Halo takes a lot of skill to be good at, unlike any CoD game ever made. So, when people first start playing, they get owned and call it quits after one or two games because they suck. If you give it a chance and get better, then it's a lot more enjoyable.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 12, 2010, 01:40:39 PM »

That's the problem. Halo takes a lot of skill to be good at, unlike any CoD game ever made. So, when people first start playing, they get owned and call it quits after one or two games because they suck. If you give it a chance and get better, then it's a lot more enjoyable.
No.  The problem is that Halo sucks.  The only n00bs that like it are n00bs that have never played a real FPS and get owned when they to play one.  So the n00bs tuck their tails between their legs and go back to LOL HALO.  And they play it forever.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 12, 2010, 01:43:24 PM »

LOL.  Halo has aim assist. 
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 12, 2010, 01:59:22 PM »

No, I was really amazing at it. Maybe I was too good. Or maybe it's just a crappy game with a huge marketing budget.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 12, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »

LOL.  Halo has aim assist.  
You said that about CoD MW too, and it doesn't.  I can't speak for Halo, I don't remember.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 12, 2010, 02:07:13 PM »

LOL.  Halo has aim assist. 
You said that about CoD MW too, and it doesn't.  I can't speak for Halo, I don't remember.

MW, MW2 and Halo all have aim assist. Halo is much much much worse (more noticable) than the Call of Duty games, though.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 12, 2010, 02:11:21 PM »

I played the first a ton. The second much less so. The 3rd was awful. I have played enough of the series to know it's not a very good game. Single player has its moments, but the multiplayer suuuuucks. The network code for it is atrocious. 4 v 4 always produces noticeable lag. Every COD game can handle 16 people no problem.

Offline TheShocker

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 12, 2010, 02:14:43 PM »
I've never played HALO but I'm totally positive that it sucks and is overrated. CoD is where it's at.