Author Topic: here comes 2014 tennis  (Read 39700 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: here comes 2014 tennis
« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2020, 03:18:49 PM »
holy crap #1 seed out. djoker is obviously a clown but this seems excessive and it was clearly unintentional. apparently there is a very clear rule about this though according to tennis twitter? no nadal and no federer in this thing either.

https://twitter.com/Sachk0/status/1302701843944882177
https://twitter.com/Ultra_Suristic/status/1302702362721746944

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2020, 04:03:55 PM »
Shelby Rogers and the other Americans in the women's draw is a much better story.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 03, 2021, 10:12:12 PM »
That’s awesome lol
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2021, 10:45:44 PM »
Osaka said she's taking a break from tennis. I didn't think she played poorly, that kid she was playing didn't miss.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2021, 09:58:08 PM »
I wanted the grand slam to happen, bummed it didn't.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 13, 2021, 07:28:03 PM »
Joker used to be my least favorite of the latest Big3+Murray. But man, he’s been so good for so long. Really wanted it for him too. I don’t like to compare generations in their prime because it’s futile, but Joker might be this class’ GOAT. Makes what Federer has done that more impressive too I guess.

Made the trip Labor Day weekend of 2018 and got to see Novak, Sharapova, Rafa, Federer/Kyrgios, Sloane and then the icing — Serena play Venus to kick off the a night session. Idk if I could asked for a better 2 day stretch.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2021, 09:06:58 PM »
Joker used to be my least favorite of the latest Big3+Murray. But man, he’s been so good for so long. Really wanted it for him too. I don’t like to compare generations in their prime because it’s futile, but Joker might be this class’ GOAT. Makes what Federer has done that more impressive too I guess.

Made the trip Labor Day weekend of 2018 and got to see Novak, Sharapova, Rafa, Federer/Kyrgios, Sloane and then the icing — Serena play Venus to kick off the a night session. Idk if I could asked for a better 2 day stretch.

The US Open is incredible, a must for all sports fans regardless of tennis fandom.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2022, 05:40:57 AM »

The US Open is incredible, a must for all sports fans regardless of tennis fandom.

Guess who's going today???!!! I'm tagging along with my tennis fanatic aunts and told them I just wanted to do what they normally would do but any other tips or matches I should see? I have Grounds GA tickets and have no idea what that gets me.

https://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2022, 10:17:33 AM »
I find myself saying "oof" a lot two games in. Unreal.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2022, 11:15:47 AM »
So like 12 people go to this thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2022, 12:02:52 PM »

Guess who's going today???!!! I'm tagging along with my tennis fanatic aunts and told them I just wanted to do what they normally would do but any other tips or matches I should see? I have Grounds GA tickets and have no idea what that gets me.

https://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

Everything but Arthur Ashe. They should have gotten an upper deck Arthur Ashe ticket, that gets you everything.

So like 12 people go to this thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, it's early in the tournament and there's matches going on like 10 different courts at once and many of the early matches, especially on the bigger courts, tend to be better players against really overmatched opponents. The night sessions are better. It's still cool as crap though. It's a rare sport and event where you can get so close to world class athletes. And people from other countries treat that crap like it's the super bowl, final four, and CFP all rolled into one.

It's a must see for any sports fan, and it's cheap as hell. Ticket prices are up 40% this year but you can still get a ticket for Arthur Ashe, that's center court, and all the other courts for $100.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2022, 12:31:39 PM »
I enjoyed the tournament that I went to. I thought that as an event to follow along with it was kinda like the NCAA tournament. Except that all of the matches are in the same location and you can get up and move around from match to match whenever you want. And also super chill with lots of booze like a baseball game.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2022, 12:36:25 PM »
Shade is a premium

First match rules. My aunts tell me a bitchy French lady plays next on the same court and they love her

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2022, 08:22:34 PM »
Loved it. Just stayed at the grandstand today and saw Coco lose in doubles to Fernandez. Hitting outer courts tomorrow, only got a tiny bit of them today but they kick ass

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2022, 08:42:56 PM »
this looks awesome

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2022, 10:17:43 PM »
The signature drink is the "Grey Goose Honey Deuce" which is a rhyme and a pun and also includes honeydew shaped like tennis balls. They are $22.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2022, 11:20:58 AM »
Loved it. Just stayed at the grandstand today and saw Coco lose in doubles to Fernandez. Hitting outer courts tomorrow, only got a tiny bit of them today but they kick ass

The outer courts are amazing.

Coco and her partner seemingly got screwed pretty badly. Watching on TV, that let called for the napkin off the court while the overhead was being hit, was ridiculous. OMG was that your napkin? Are you the reason Coco lost her doubles match?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2022, 12:14:09 PM »
Sig male genitals.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2022, 02:10:15 PM »

The outer courts are amazing.

Coco and her partner seemingly got screwed pretty badly. Watching on TV, that let called for the napkin off the court while the overhead was being hit, was ridiculous. OMG was that your napkin? Are you the reason Coco lost her doubles match?
No but it was windy!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2022, 02:10:56 PM »
Back at it today

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2022, 02:49:05 PM »
The signature drink is the "Grey Goose Honey Deuce" which is a rhyme and a pun and also includes honeydew shaped like tennis balls. They are $22.

My wife brought raspberry liquor home today and I asked what that was for... yeah, I guess I'm drinking honey deuces this weekend too!

Jealous you're there, great experience.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2022, 04:46:24 PM »
Crazy that this isn't the biggest stadium here