Author Topic: i thought our defense played awesome  (Read 1987 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i thought our defense played awesome
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:09:48 PM »
allowed only 22 points, didn't allow a first down through their first 4 downs. I guess against a solid team like arkie, you can't not show up for that long and expect to win.

10-3....great year.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: i thought our defense played awesome
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
Absolutely. What a blast this season was. I had no expectations that this season could go down as one of our best.

A crazy thing to think about: We could improve as a team and not have as good of a record next year. Can't wait to see how it turns out though.

:ksu:

Offline NOTKANSAS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »

Oh sure. They did great.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »

Oh sure. They did great.

Are you really using a picture of a guy returning a punt to talk crap on our defense?

NOTKANSAS is NOTVERYSMART.

Offline Malberry Squeezins

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • EMAW safehaven for the little man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »

Oh sure. They did great.

Are you really using a picture of a guy returning a punt to talk crap on our defense?

NOTKANSAS is NOTVERYSMART.

I gotta side with our little KS Buddy here, there are very specific guidelines and rules that we go by around hear and I am not about to let hog fans get away with this kind of grab ass.  Anyone watching that game witnessed a bunch of little pluggers just pluggin away for the widecats. 

MS just you're ever day run of the mill behind the scenes quiet mod
EMAW, trolls have about as much chancet around here as a pecker gnat buzzin the head of Jackie Chan.

Offline NOTKANSAS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
Correct me if Im wrong but isnt thr defense supposed to stop the guy with the ball? I mean, Im no expert or anything...

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »
Correct me if Im wrong but isnt thr defense supposed to stop the guy with the ball? I mean, Im no expert or anything...

that would be right, but you have to understand the big pitcher here.  If you want to talk smack in the future, please limit it to discussion of things like balls of twine and what not.

MS, frien to little fellers one and all
EMAW, trolls have about as much chancet around here as a pecker gnat buzzin the head of Jackie Chan.

Offline NOTKANSAS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »
Hahahaha I love the fact that KS fans are suddenly forgetting the crap talking spree they embarked on for over a month about me and mine. Ladies and boys, enjoy the taste of your crap taco.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »

Our brand of football here in North America is highly nuanced game and it can easily get confusing for those not familiar with the game. I assumed, since you came on to this bbs to engage in conversation about the football game last night, that you were probably aware of the rules. That was silly and insensitive of me. I apologize.

In the game of football in the USA and Canada, the punt team would punt the ball to the punt return team. After the punt, which causes a change of possession, that same punt team attempts to tackle punt returner. It actually occurs during the very same play; there is not a stoppage of play. These punt plays, as well as kickoff plays and field goal/extra point plays are often referred to as special teams plays. But the key here, the one thing that I hope you take away from this little primer, is that at no time does the defense come on to the field to try to stop the punt returner/punt return team. That duty is the SOLE responsibility of the punt team.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »

Our brand of football here in North America is highly nuanced game and it can easily get confusing for those not familiar with the game. I assumed, since you came on to this bbs to engage in conversation about the football game last night, that you were probably aware of the rules. That was silly and insensitive of me. I apologize.

In the game of football in the USA and Canada, the punt team would punt the ball to the punt return team. After the punt, which causes a change of possession, that same punt team attempts to tackle punt returner. It actually occurs during the very same play; there is not a stoppage of play. These punt plays, as well as kickoff plays and field goal/extra point plays are often referred to as special teams plays. But the key here, the one thing that I hope you take away from this little primer, is that at no time does the defense come on to the field to try to stop the punt returner/punt return team. That duty is the SOLE responsibility of the punt team.

You keep your chin up little buddy.  that pitcher we posted wasn't very nice atall

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 10:30:51 PM »

You keep your chin up little buddy.  that pitcher we posted wasn't very nice atall

Thanks MS. You're obviously a man of high quality and integrity. With a little experience, I'm sure you'll make a stellar honorary moderator.

As far as pictures go, it's a good one... Nice composition. The contrast is spot on. However, it was just kind of dumb of NOTVERYSMART to post it in this thread... but hey that's why we're here. It's a culture of learning and accepting... for us all.

:thumbsup:

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »

Thanks MS. You're obviously a man of high quality and integrity. With a little experience, I'm sure you'll make a stellar honorary moderator.

As far as pictures go, it's a good one... Nice composition. The contrast is spot on. However, it was just kind of dumb of NOTVERYSMART to post it in this thread... but hey that's why we're here. It's a culture of learning and accepting... for us all.

I gotta hand it to you little frien, you can pull off that splittin hair smack with some of the best non winning programs in the country.   Keep pluggin away my little frien

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 11:27:57 PM »

I gotta hand it to you little frien, you can pull off that splittin hair smack with some of the best non winning programs in the country.   Keep pluggin away my little frien

LOL!!! The 'ol "Splittin' Hairs" trick. Well played, and YES, I accept your tap-out. I was a little surprised how long you took up the fight for NOTVERYSMART in the first place.

But for future reference, you should know: As a mod you don't have to ever tap-out. You can just ban me. See, we're all just learning (and accepting) as we go here at goEMAW.com.

:emawkid: