Author Topic: Can't make the mistakes we made and still win  (Read 6782 times)

Offline poopsammich

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Can't make the mistakes we made and still win
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 06:25:27 PM »
when you have the lack of talent we do the margin of error is razor thin.

make no mistake we beat ourselves tonight, we have played and beat better teams than Arkansas, but we didn't make the unforced errors we made tonight.

no excuses you make the mistakes you deserve to lose

Not on your current schedule you haven't.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »
refs

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 11:02:05 AM »
I have to say the "SEC is mediocre or bad after the top 2 teams" trope is getting old. Seriously Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) statement.

Arkansas was better than Baylor. Their d-line was one of the best we've faced all year, at least last Friday night they were.

The drops really hurt, especially in the 1st half when we needed to get a lead. I didn't mind some of the early passing, but it is only going to work temporarily at best and needed to produce 7 (at least) early so we could transition back to running the ball.

rough ridin' Brod Smith, sometimes I just want to go away permanently and other times I remember that Curry Sexton is our next option.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »
I have to say the "SEC is mediocre or bad after the top 2 teams" trope is getting old. Seriously Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) statement.

Arkansas was better than Baylor. Their d-line was one of the best we've faced all year, at least last Friday night they were.

The drops really hurt, especially in the 1st half when we needed to get a lead. I didn't mind some of the early passing, but it is only going to work temporarily at best and needed to produce 7 (at least) early so we could transition back to running the ball.

rough ridin' Brod Smith, sometimes I just want to go away permanently and other times I remember that Curry Sexton is our next option.

Baylor is a much better team than Arkansas. It was a fluke that we beat them. We simply beat ourselves with penalties and dropped passes against Arkansas. Arkansas got a ton of sacks because Klein never throws the ball away and takes a lot of sacks. He's done that all year.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
I wasn't so much commenting on the sacks, more on their ability to control the line of scrimmage. We didn't push their line back much at all.

Offline SRV

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »

Baylor is a much better team than Arkansas. It was a fluke that we beat them. We simply beat ourselves with penalties and dropped passes against Arkansas. Arkansas got a ton of sacks because Klein never throws the ball away and takes a lot of sacks. He's done that all year.

Nuts. Nuts, Nuts.  You are very lucky we didn't beat you 40-7.  We started slowly, in part due to your team's tenacity.   As the game wore on, your lack of speed, athleticism, whatever you want to call it, was about to let the dam break.  Near the end your defense was pretty much giving up.  Still, I don't know why you guys are slamming Snyder.  He got more out of that 2 star average bunch than anybody else could have.