Author Topic: Know what pisses me off about the SEC?  (Read 17863 times)

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Know what pisses me off about the SEC?
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2011, 03:13:39 AM »
Could one of the knowledgeable Razorback fans tell us here where you stand in all time winning % in the SEC?  And where it ranks relative to other conference members?  Thanks in advance.   :dubious:

Id say since we joined the SEC we're probably somewhere above south carolina and below auburn as a program...but we had 10 years of nutt. We've been to the SEC championship game just one less time than Georgia and Auburn, the big difference is we just havent won it yet...we need to get over that hump before people will take us seriously

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »
Have any of you Arkansaw Sooie trash boys ever heard of the "Greatest Turnaround in College Football History"? Stop bringing up our past records, we obviously know that K-State football used to be trash before LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder became HC. Point of the comment is, we are no longer trash and you Razorpig fans and team, are going to be schemed.
 It's kind of funny when you jayhawk fans have your heads stuck so far up your own arses that you fail to see how teams actually match up against one another.  It's good that you have faith in your team.  But, reality is going to set in for you midway through the 2nd quarter of the Cotton Bowl when the Hogs are up by 28pts+.  The Hogs are going to score at will on your jayhawks mighty 104th ranked pass defense.   Your defense can't cover crossing routes, can't cover deep routes, can't cover short routes, can't cover curls and damn sure can't cover fades or even go routes.  You guys have absolutely NO pass rush.  What are you ranked 98th on sacks?.  If Wilson is allowed time to pass he will pick your defense apart.  Plain and simple.   Your team depends on turnovers just to stay in games.  You have basically used smoke and mirrors all season long and when you faced "decent" teams you lost.  

It's basically like this. The Hogs offense is better than osu and ou and the hogs defense is just as big and fast as Owho's.  This game is not going to be close.   52-20 Hogs.     It'll be 35-7 by halftime!  haha.   Damn you guys suck.  Your wannabe conference sucks ass. Your wanna be smart ass fans suck.  You have no chance in this game.  Every year it's the same thing.  And every year the SEC proves which conference is the best.   Keep having faith in your team full of 1 stars.  Maybe one day you'll actually be worth a crap.   Highly doubtful though.   :crossfingers:

Hey!  I asked for an answer from a knowledgeable Razorback fan, not a LFBIQ blowhard.  NEXT!

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
Could one of the knowledgeable Razorback fans tell us here where you stand in all time winning % in the SEC?  And where it ranks relative to other conference members?  Thanks in advance.   :dubious:

Id say since we joined the SEC we're probably somewhere above south carolina and below auburn as a program...but we had 10 years of nutt. We've been to the SEC championship game just one less time than Georgia and Auburn, the big difference is we just havent won it yet...we need to get over that hump before people will take us seriously

Was hoping for an answer between 1 and 12.  Good answer for as far as it went.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »

these guys aren't too good at using their edumukation. If i went right off the top of my head, I'd say there below Georgia Florida LSU Tennessee BAMA Auburn and maybe Ole miss? 7th or 6th out of 12, and considering the teams below you are Vandy, Mississipi St, Kentucky then it's even more embarrassing.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline HogFoo

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »
Have any of you Arkansaw Sooie trash boys ever heard of the "Greatest Turnaround in College Football History"? Stop bringing up our past records, we obviously know that K-State football used to be trash before LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder became HC. Point of the comment is, we are no longer trash and you Razorpig fans and team, are going to be schemed.
 It's kind of funny when you jayhawk fans have your heads stuck so far up your own arses that you fail to see how teams actually match up against one another.  It's good that you have faith in your team.  But, reality is going to set in for you midway through the 2nd quarter of the Cotton Bowl when the Hogs are up by 28pts+.  The Hogs are going to score at will on your jayhawks mighty 104th ranked pass defense.   Your defense can't cover crossing routes, can't cover deep routes, can't cover short routes, can't cover curls and damn sure can't cover fades or even go routes.  You guys have absolutely NO pass rush.  What are you ranked 98th on sacks?.  If Wilson is allowed time to pass he will pick your defense apart.  Plain and simple.   Your team depends on turnovers just to stay in games.  You have basically used smoke and mirrors all season long and when you faced "decent" teams you lost.  

It's basically like this. The Hogs offense is better than osu and ou and the hogs defense is just as big and fast as Owho's.  This game is not going to be close.   52-20 Hogs.     It'll be 35-7 by halftime!  haha.   Damn you guys suck.  Your wannabe conference sucks ass. Your wanna be smart ass fans suck.  You have no chance in this game.  Every year it's the same thing.  And every year the SEC proves which conference is the best.   Keep having faith in your team full of 1 stars.  Maybe one day you'll actually be worth a crap.   Highly doubtful though.   :crossfingers:

Hey!  I asked for an answer from a knowledgeable Razorback fan, not a LFBIQ blowhard.  NEXT!
  If you noticed I wasn't replying to you idiot.    But, if I were referring to you I'd tell you the hogs as of right now are about 6th.  Which, considering going through 10yrs of Houston Nutt as head coach is pretty good.  I guess it could be worse.  We Hogs could have a overall record nearly as bad as you KSU jayhawks do.  Hahaha     Now go suck it!    :cheers:

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »

these guys aren't too good at using their edumukation. If i went right off the top of my head, I'd say there below Georgia Florida LSU Tennessee BAMA Auburn and maybe Ole miss? 7th or 6th out of 12, and considering the teams below you are Vandy, Mississipi St, Kentucky then it's even more embarrassing.

Ole Miss  :lol:

and speaking of education, it's they're...not there

Offline SirrParker

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
Question for Arkansastards:

How does it make you feel that you have to ride the coattails of the Bama's and Florida's of the world so you can brag about the SEC being the best conference while your team lingers in mediocrity and contributed exactly zero national titles to the 6 year streak?

Hypothetical: Would you be more proud if
a) the SEC loses all it's bowl games except the Cotton, and the title game is another 9-6 snorefest, and thus ESPN and other media outlets trash the SEC as pathetic posers

b) the SEC wins all it's bowl games EXCEPT the Cotton, and the national title game is a 35-34 barnburner, thus exposing your school as the sisters of the poor of the SEC
I guess to a University of Arkansas fan and alumnus it feels a lot like being a Cat fan. Our teams are similar (aside from the fact that our team plays an offense that resembles actual football). The Razorbacks are at the top of the second level teams in the SEC while KSU is in the middle of the second level of a weak Big 12. Your team like ours isn't winning a pile of National Championships (we've one 1 in football before I was born, 1 in basketball... years ago, and dozens in track and field... who cares). Both teams want to be better and that's what makes this game so interesting. I'll be there enjoying from a suite on the 50 yrd line (not bad for an Arkansas kid... I'm even bringing a few Cat fans with me). This game will be competitive and close. Your coach knows how to gameplan and I believe he will give your team a real chance to win. Our teams are similar (not in the style of play, but in status) and our fans are equally obnoxious! Good luck Cats!

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »

so you're 6th out of 12.
We're third out of 10 and compmletely own team #2. We've at least won a conference title and should have won another.  We're not the middle of the pack big 12, we're on of the best in the big 12.

Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
Could one of the knowledgeable Razorback fans tell us here where you stand in all time winning % in the SEC?  And where it ranks relative to other conference members?  Thanks in advance.  

But, if I were referring to you I'd tell you the hogs as of right now are about 6th.  Which, considering going through 10yrs of Houston Nutt as head coach is pretty good.  I guess it could be worse.  

Translation:  Arkansas fits in the lower to middle portion of the top-heavy SEC, while K-State is towards the top of a balanced Big 12.  Got it.

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2011, 05:36:52 PM »

so you're 6th out of 12.
We're third out of 10 and compmletely own team #2. We've at least won a conference title and should have won another.  We're not the middle of the pack big 12, we're on of the best in the big 12.

so you're 6th out of 12.

Its hard to be third best when FIVE different teams have won a NC in the last 15 years...thats almost half the conference

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »
Could one of the knowledgeable Razorback fans tell us here where you stand in all time winning % in the SEC?  And where it ranks relative to other conference members?  Thanks in advance.  

But, if I were referring to you I'd tell you the hogs as of right now are about 6th.  Which, considering going through 10yrs of Houston Nutt as head coach is pretty good.  I guess it could be worse.  

Translation:  Arkansas fits in the lower to middle portion of the top-heavy SEC, while K-State is towards the top of a balanced Big 12.  Got it.

Im not going to lie, the 90s could have been the worst decade ever for the football program and thats right when we joined the SEC...we've just recently got a coach that is good enough to reach the potential that we have. The other SEC teams have had a lot longer to raise that number up...we're at 47% since we joined the SEC, 59% all-time...which is 7th in the SEC and 29th nationally

Offline hawginar

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »

Im not going to lie, the 90s could have been the worst decade ever for the football program and thats right when we joined the SEC...we've just recently got a coach that is good enough to reach the potential that we have. The other SEC teams have had a lot longer to raise that number up...we're at 47% since we joined the SEC, 59% all-time...which is 7th in the SEC and 29th nationally

Just 29th nationally. :dunno:  :dunno:

You have to represent like the ksu jayhawks, nothing says domination like they do:
The team had an all-time record of 476–612–41 as of the conclusion of the 2011 regular season.  :pbj:  :pbj:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2011, 10:29:17 AM »
The team had an all-time record of 476–612–41 as of the conclusion of the 2011 regular season.

Hmmm...you must be 90 yoa or thereabouts since that statistic is apparently relevant to you. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »

Just 29th nationally. :dunno:  :dunno:

You have to represent like the ksu jayhawks, nothing says domination like they do:
The team had an all-time record of 476–612–41 as of the conclusion of the 2011 regular season.  :pbj:  :pbj:

3-1   :lol:

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »

so you're 6th out of 12.

so you're 6th out of 12.

Its hard to be third best when FIVE different teams have won a NC in the last 15 years...thats almost half the conference
Why doesn't the great U of A win one then?
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »

Hmm. I wonder what K-State's winning percentage is since Arkansas joined the SEC.

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2011, 05:57:26 PM »

so you're 6th out of 12.

so you're 6th out of 12.

We were cam newton away from getting there last year. If we catch a few breaks we'll get there eventually

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »

so you're 6th out of 12.

so you're 6th out of 12.

We were cam newton away from getting there last year. If we catch a few breaks we'll get there eventually

You should put that on a banner.