Author Topic: Know what pisses me off about the SEC?  (Read 17384 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Know what pisses me off about the SEC?
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:41:13 AM »
The SEC will get crowned the best conference because they put 2 teams in the NC.  I don't mind this but I wish OSU could take a shot at one of those teams.  I honestly think top to bottom the Big 12 is the toughest league and has the hardest conference schedule in the nation.  But we will not find out how the 2 SEC power teams will fair against real top teams because all they do is play the other Weak SEC teams.  I mean, who did they have to beat? You can't go by the SEC teams they playeds records, becasue they all played the same crap schools each week.  Arkansas went 10-2 for goodness sakes, obviously the SEC sucks and they will get exposed for what they really are by KSU in the cotton bowl.  Unfortunatly LSU or Alabama will be "National Champs" but what if Alabama beats LSU in another snooze fest with no offense, and Oklahoma St. Crushes Stanford?  I myself am going to crown OSU National Champs and probably punch anyone in the taint who wears a Naitonal champions shirt/hat that says otherwise.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:34:28 AM by Poster formerly known as jthutch »

Offline razorsharp

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Know what pisses me off about the SEC?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
SEC will not be crowned the best conference. They will remain the best conference in college football. I would HATE to be in the Big 12 (or whatever you are currently). Total domination would get old after the first few years.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
SEC will not be crowned the best conference. They will remain the best conference in college football. I would HATE to be in the Big 12 (or whatever you are currently). Total domination would get old after the first few years.

Yeah, I can see your point. You would be like Iowa State in the Big 12.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:05:20 AM »
The day the SEC doesn't win a National Championship you know the rest of the football world will be like the end of Return of the Jedi.

Offline hawginar

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »
The SEC will get crowned the best conference because they are the BEST conference.

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »
The SEC will get crowned the best conference because they are the BEST conference.

Nope, They will only win 1 bowl game this year.

Offline Malberry Squeezins

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • EMAW safehaven for the little man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »

Nope, They will only win 1 bowl game this year.

HA  now that's funny I don't care who you are I don't suppose the one bowl win for the SEC would be the cotton bowl by chance would it?  I bet the SEC wins all but about 2 or 3 of there bowls, 4 at the worst.
EMAW, trolls have about as much chancet around here as a pecker gnat buzzin the head of Jackie Chan.

Offline SRV

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 03:43:41 PM »
The SEC will get crowned the best conference because they put 2 teams in the NC.  I don't mind this but I wish OSU could take a shot at one of those teams.  I honestly think top to bottom the Big 12 is the toughest league and has the hardest conference schedule in the nation.  But we will not find out how the 2 SEC power teams will fair against real top teams because all they do is play the other Weak SEC teams.  I mean, who did they have to beat? You can't go by the SEC teams they playeds records, becasue they all played the same crap schools each week.  Arkansas went 10-2 for goodness sakes, obviously the SEC sucks and they will get exposed for what they really are by KSU in the cotton bowl.  Unfortunatly LSU or Alabama will be "National Champs" but what if Alabama beats LSU in another snooze fest with no offense, and Oklahoma St. Crushes Stanford?  I myself am going to crown OSU National Champs and probably punch anyone in the taint who wears a Naitonal champions shirt/hat that says otherwise.

Well then, your naming of the national champ is really all that matters.  And it's "fare" against, not fair against for goodness sakes.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
Love this thread. :love:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »
Well then, your naming of the national champ is really all that matters.  And it's "fare" against, not fair against for goodness sakes.
[/quote]
 Fair enough  :thumbs:

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »
HA  now that's funny I don't care who you are I don't suppose the one bowl win for the SEC would be the cotton bowl by chance would it?  I bet the SEC wins all but about 2 or 3 of there bowls, 4 at the worst.

:sdeek:

This can't be real can it?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 03:59:42 PM »

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 04:03:48 PM »
My computer wouldn't even quote that comment it was so stupid.  That is a nice feature Mods thanks!

Offline BoondockSooner

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 04:26:27 PM »
You porkers are so annoying.  Last two trips to the Cotton Bowl for Arkansas have been pretty bad.  You guys got beat by MIZZOU for chrissakes!

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »
Take a look at these figures for K-State and Arkansas U.

Vs Teams above .500
AU - 2-2 (Lost to Bama by 24, Beat Auburn by 24, Beat SCU by 16, Lost to LSU by 24)
KSU - 4-2 (Beat EKU by 3, Beat Baylor by 1, Beat Mizzou by 7, Lost to OU by 41, Lost to OSU by 7, beat Texas by 4)

Kind of suprised that AU only played 4 teams above .500 in the mighty SEC.  The two teams that they played in the top 5, they got beat by an average of 24.  The one team that K-State played in the top 5, they got beat by 7.  Also, combined records for both teams opponents are: AU - (73-72), KSU - (80-64).

:moreira:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »

Vs Teams above .500
AU - 2-2 (Lost to Bama by 24, Beat Auburn by 24, Beat SCU by 16, Lost to LSU by 24)
KSU - 4-2 (Beat EKU by 3, Beat Baylor by 1, Beat Mizzou by 7, Lost to OU by 41, Lost to OSU by 7, beat Texas by 4)

Kind of suprised that AU only played 4 teams above .500 in the mighty SEC.  The two teams that they played in the top 5, they got beat by an average of 24.  The one team that K-State played in the top 5, they got beat by 7.  Also, combined records for both teams opponents are: AU - (73-72), KSU - (80-64).

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »
You porkers are so annoying.  Last two trips to the Cotton Bowl for Arkansas have been pretty bad.  You guys got beat by MIZZOU for chrissakes!

Congrats, they beat a team coached by reggie herring  :cheers:

LSU beat WVU and Oregon
Alabama beat Penn State
Arkansas beat Texas A&M
Tennessee beat 9-3 Cincinnatti
Vanderbilt crushed 5-3 ACC team Wake Forest
Georgia beat GT
South Carolina beat Clemson

Sure they lost a few too but to act like the SEC hasnt beaten anyone OOC is kinda stupid

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 05:00:29 PM »

Vs Teams above .500

AU=Auburn

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 06:32:37 PM »

Vs Teams above .500

AU=Auburn

Sorry, its short for Arkansas University.  Didn't mean to confuse you.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 07:35:02 PM »

Vs Teams above .500

AU=Auburn

Sorry, its short for Arkansas University.  Didn't mean to confuse you.

You kinda played it fast and loose with the word "university."

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 08:41:35 PM »
Question for Arkansastards:

How does it make you feel that you have to ride the coattails of the Bama's and Florida's of the world so you can brag about the SEC being the best conference while your team lingers in mediocrity and contributed exactly zero national titles to the 6 year streak?

Hypothetical: Would you be more proud if
a) the SEC loses all it's bowl games except the Cotton, and the title game is another 9-6 snorefest, and thus ESPN and other media outlets trash the SEC as pathetic posers

b) the SEC wins all it's bowl games EXCEPT the Cotton, and the national title game is a 35-34 barnburner, thus exposing your school as the sisters of the poor of the SEC
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:43:53 PM by AbeFroman »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 08:50:09 PM »
You porkers are so annoying.  Last two trips to the Cotton Bowl for Arkansas have been pretty bad.  You guys got beat by MIZZOU for chrissakes!

Congrats, they beat a team coached by reggie herring  :cheers:

LSU beat WVU and Oregon
Alabama beat Penn State
Arkansas beat Texas A&M
Tennessee beat 9-3 Cincinnatti
Vanderbilt crushed 5-3 ACC team Wake Forest
Georgia beat GT
South Carolina beat Clemson

Sure they lost a few too but to act like the SEC hasnt beaten anyone OOC is kinda stupid

Beating Texas A&M is nothing to brag about. They are a 6-6 team that rode on pre-season hype for 4 months. Really hilarious you used Cincy's overall record as some sort of talking point but then decided to only use the conference record for your Wake Forest talking point (another shitty 6-6 team)

All of those other teams except Oregon are garbage. Big East and ACC  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:53:43 PM by AbeFroman »

Offline poopsammich

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »
My computer wouldn't even quote that comment it was so stupid.  That is a nice feature Mods thanks!

Nope.  Works just fine.  Life's tough for a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) isn't it?

Offline poopsammich

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:37 PM »

How does it make you feel that you have to ride the coattails of the Bama's and Florida's of the world so you can brag about the SEC being the best conference while your team lingers in mediocrity and contributed exactly zero national titles to the 6 year streak?

a) the SEC loses all it's bowl games except the Cotton, and the title game is another 9-6 snorefest, and thus ESPN and other media outlets trash the SEC as pathetic posers

b) the SEC wins all it's bowl games EXCEPT the Cotton, and the national title game is a 35-34 barnburner, thus exposing your school as the sisters of the poor of the SEC

You will always be Kansas State.  You have the worst all time winning percentage of all Big 12 teams.  Historically, Iowa State owns you  :facepalm:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »

You will always be Kansas State.  You have the worst all time winning percentage of all Big 12 teams.  Historically, Iowa State owns you  :facepalm:

That is not a valid answer. I know I used big words they didn't teach you before you dropped out of school in the 4th grade, but please try and re-read the question and provide a valid answer. In fact I don't even care about the first one, just a simple A or B will do.

P.S. "Valid" means real
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:03:31 PM by AbeFroman »