Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 296589 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket
« Reply #1100 on: March 03, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »
I don't think this staff would ever consider running Jevon.

this is so god damn maddening just complete bullshit

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:46 PM »
1& 2 will just be blurred part of the time.  Probably have multiple times with two 2's in the game combo guarding their faces off. 

I still like Wes taking point every so often.  If DJamer is in doubt, Wes will probably be a stretch 4 more often than not.

Wes is as much of a college point guard as Nino is. Also if DJamer isn't in doubt he still isn't playing anymore than 10 mpg

Why would DJamer be limited to <10mpg.

a very puzzling statement for sure.  Bolden appeared to be awful in his limited playing time and hurt was not much better.  maybe I'm missing someone.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 03, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »
i think he's saying that even if he is able to play, his foot health will limit his minutes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 03, 2015, 02:00:43 PM »
1& 2 will just be blurred part of the time.  Probably have multiple times with two 2's in the game combo guarding their faces off. 

I still like Wes taking point every so often.  If DJamer is in doubt, Wes will probably be a stretch 4 more often than not.

Wes is as much of a college point guard as Nino is. Also if DJamer isn't in doubt he still isn't playing anymore than 10 mpg

a very puzzling statement for sure.  Bolden appeared to be awful in his limited playing time and hurt was not much better.  maybe I'm missing someone.

Double negative and an overall confusing statement.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 03, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »
Wes runs the ball off an on and I like it.  No apologies.

Also, if DJamer is healthy, it will be extremely disappointing if he can't get more than 10 min. However, with an injury of that type and his size/weight, it wouldn't surprise me if never gets fully back to what he was. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 03, 2015, 03:02:26 PM »

I'm afraid Iowa is rubbing off on MIR. :frown:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 03, 2015, 03:04:19 PM »
it just lacks a comma (actually two, and a space between words).  it's perfectly understandable.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1107 on: March 03, 2015, 03:06:48 PM »

I took to mean even if he fully healed up he'd still not play 10mpg. Which is weird because I thought he progressed well last season.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 03, 2015, 03:09:09 PM »

I took to mean even if he fully healed up he'd still not play 10mpg. Which is weird because I thought he progressed well last season.

And he is not behind Gip.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 03, 2015, 03:10:56 PM »

Same and same.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 03, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »
it just lacks a comma (actually two, and a space between words).  it's perfectly understandable.

Re-write it then

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 03, 2015, 03:55:40 PM »
Quote from: elwood on Stokes
the tape I watched on him showed excellent for awareness and really good shooting touch from the free. Line and beyond. I'm sorry I cannot fight this specific case I fall but he was feeling pretty good.

he convinced me to like him, i think.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 03, 2015, 05:14:15 PM »

Re-write it then

Also, if DJamer isn't in doubt, he still isn't playing any more than 10 mpg.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »
Sys has it right, he played less than 10 MPG when we last saw him and that was before he had a foot injury that will require over a year to get to the place where he is able to get the boot/cast removed. I think you guys are forgetting what kind of a player DJamer is; he's an extremely undersized big, no where close to 6'9", with very limited skills. He is an energy player, he is not the type of guy who can guard high major bigs for an extended amount of time, nor is he a guy that can produce points out of an offense because he isn't a back to the basket scorer nor does he have a rangy jump shot. He's good for some rebounding, put backs, and hustle plays. Again all of this was BEFORE he missed an entire season of basketball with a broken foot.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 03, 2015, 08:15:32 PM »
Well that's what everyone except sys (maybe?) thought you meant, and I don't think anyone agrees with that assessment.

Probably doesn't matter because he will be back and it won't be at 100%.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 03, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »
Sys has it right, he played less than 10 MPG when we last saw him and that was before he had a foot injury that will require over a year to get to the place where he is able to get the boot/cast removed. I think you guys are forgetting what kind of a player DJamer is; he's an extremely undersized big, no where close to 6'9", with very limited skills. He is an energy player, he is not the type of guy who can guard high major bigs for an extended amount of time, nor is he a guy that can produce points out of an offense because he isn't a back to the basket scorer nor does he have a rangy jump shot. He's good for some rebounding, put backs, and hustle plays. Again all of this was BEFORE he missed an entire season of basketball with a broken foot.

Who is going to get the minutes if DJamer doesn't?  Our post play next year is going to be scary bad. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 03, 2015, 09:12:42 PM »
PG:  Jevon / Kamau / Nigel       
SG: Marcus / Nigel / Brown
SF: Westicles / Edwards / Marcus
PF: Harris / Wade / Hurt
C: Hurt / DJamer / Bolden / Williams

Cobb Starting center at Fishburne Military School

Minus guys that transfer out on their own
Plus Spring trash

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 03, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »
i dunno how many minutes he can play, but hurt could become a really good player.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 03, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »

i dunno how many minutes he can play, but hurt could become a really good player.

Yes.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 03, 2015, 09:28:35 PM »
How far he can improve his body in the offseason will be super important. It holds him back.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 04, 2015, 01:50:31 AM »
Well that's what everyone except sys (maybe?) thought you meant, and I don't think anyone agrees with that assessment.

Probably doesn't matter because he will be back and it won't be at 100%.

I don't know how anyone with even a modicum of common sense could disagree. What I said about him was true before his injury, I don't know what about sitting out of the sport for a year has you convinced he's going to be better. Frankly, I think it's more likely that he has played his last game for K-State than he will be here and average 6 and 6 next year; hope I'm wrong though.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 04, 2015, 09:51:46 AM »
How far he can improve his body in the offseason will be super important. It holds him back.
Why doesn't the tallest player on the team rebound more? He doesn't seem very interested in rebounding. Would like to see his game become more JYC-ish. Like 200% more JYC-ish.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 04, 2015, 09:57:21 AM »
Why doesn't the tallest player on the team rebound more? He doesn't seem very interested in rebounding. Would like to see his game become more JYC-ish. Like 200% more JYC-ish.

He does. In fact, he's our best rebounder per possession when he's on the floor.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 04, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »

He does. In fact, he's our best rebounder per possession when he's on the floor.
I was wrong about you, Steve. I'm sorry.