Author Topic: Oh Missouri....  (Read 4184 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Oh Missouri....
« on: March 05, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
 :facepalm:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/05/1791368/missouri-students-apologize-for.html

COLUMBIA, Mo. | Two University of Missouri students have apologized for scattering cotton balls outside the Black Culture Center on campus.

Nineteen-year-old freshman Sean Fitzgerald and 21-year-old senior Zachary Tucker were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of hate crimes. They have not been charged.

In a letter to campus leaders and student groups issued Friday, the two apologized for their "inexcusable judgment."

The statement described what they called "a series of foolish acts" that included riding a Missouri tiger statue and hoisting a pirate flag at the ROTC building. Both students have been suspended from school.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Missouri....
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:53:36 PM »
:facepalm:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/05/1791368/missouri-students-apologize-for.html

COLUMBIA, Mo. | Two University of Missouri students have apologized for scattering cotton balls outside the Black Culture Center on campus.

Nineteen-year-old freshman Sean Fitzgerald and 21-year-old senior Zachary Tucker were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of hate crimes. They have not been charged.

In a letter to campus leaders and student groups issued Friday, the two apologized for their "inexcusable judgment."

The statement described what they called "a series of foolish acts" that included riding a Missouri tiger statue and hoisting a pirate flag at the ROTC building. Both students have been suspended from school.

:garr:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »
http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/human-interest/response-to-bigots/

WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE: I just want to say how extremely hurt and disappointed I am. Last night as I walking through campus, some guys riding on the back of a pickup truck decided that it would be okay to continuously scream n-word at me. I really just want to know why my simple existence is such a threat to society. For those of you who wonder why I’m always talking about the importance of inclusion and respect, it’s because I’ve experienced moments like this multiple times at THIS university, making me not feel included here. Many of you are so privileged that you’ll never know what it feels like to be a hijab-wearing Muslim woman and be called a terrorist or a towel head. You don’t have to think about being transgender and worrying about finding a restroom where you can go and not be targeted for violence because you don’t fit into the gender binary. You’ll never know what it feels like to see Memorial Union every day and enter the side like a second class citizen because after 90 years, there’s still no accessible way to enter the tower. You’ve never been spit on walking down 9th street or mis-gendered at Pizza Tree because they called out your birth name. You’ve never had to experience people throwing drinks on you and yelling man of taste and distinction at you from the patio at Big 12 as you walk past on the street holding hands with your partner. You might never had to think twice about what you’re wearing walking around campus at night so that someone won’t think it’s okay to take ownership of your body because your outfit was “asking for it.” If your simple existence is not a political statement I’m really going to need for you to check your privilege. These are some of my experiences and the experiences of the ones closest to me. This is what I’m fighting against every day in boardrooms, conferences, meetings, classrooms, the Capitol, and in my daily life. This is my reality. Is it weird that I think that I have the right to feel safe here too? If you see violence like this and don’t say anything, you, yes YOU, are a part of the problem. It’s the reason why It’s On Us, Black Lives Matter, Trans Rights are Human Rights, and love is rough ridin' love. If you want to fight for social change at Mizzou there are so many different outlets. Apply to be a Diversity Peer Educator, stop by any of our wonderful centers of social justice. Educate yourselves and others. Hold your family, friends, fraternity brothers and sorority sisters accountable. And if this post made you feel uncomfortable, GOOD! That means I’m doing my job. It’s time to wake up Mizzou.

Your n-word/man of taste and distinction Missouri Students Association President,
Payton Head
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 02:27:16 PM »
good lord

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 02:34:49 PM »
Sad. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 02:39:57 PM »
So Payton is an former male homosexual who now is a handicapped Muslim transgender woman who wears a hijab (which could be construed as "asking for it") but somehow the Pizza Tree people found out her birth name?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »
So Payton is an former male homosexual who now is a handicapped Muslim transgender woman who wears a hijab (which could be construed as "asking for it") but somehow the Pizza Tree people found out her birth name?

Yeah, she's had a rough life.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »

Yeah what am I missing about those insensitive bastards at Pizza Tree doing something wrong??  When a restaurant calls your name out when your order is ready or whatever it's because......YOU gave that name to them.   :dunno:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 03:04:15 PM »
I don't know what just happened
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

The Big Train

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
i am not gE'ing at all when i say this, but I am not surprised at all that this came from mizzou

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2021, 12:44:07 PM »
That's a lot of meth.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 01:22:37 PM »
Missouri is so gross

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 01:27:13 PM »
i like that coffee table tho

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2021, 01:58:03 PM »
Classic Missouri man lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 09:09:16 AM »
Maybe it's creatine
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 12:20:39 PM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 10:35:49 AM »
Springfield getting one of those ginormous Buc'ee gas station amusement park things.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2022, 01:21:49 PM »
I would imagine that their arbitration clause was changed via someone's iphone while still in the courtroom before the verdict was even finished being read.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2022, 01:26:53 PM »
I find that nearly impossible to believe.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2022, 01:30:33 PM »
Kinda seems like this opens the door to monetizing anything bad that has ever happened in a car that is insured by Geico.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2022, 01:32:54 PM »
Did they like to ride naked?  How else could that be so?  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2022, 01:35:12 PM »
Kinda seems like this opens the door to monetizing anything bad that has ever happened in a car that is insured by Geico.

article I read didn't go into a ton of details but appears nobody entered a defense and probably got a default judgement. but it also said there was arbitration, then trial, then appeal. guessing someone at geico didn't take it seriously and the bf didn't notify them of the action or some combo of all that crap. I'm not attorney though, one of our residents could probably opine much better.

Geico appealed the judgement claiming they were not given "meaningful opportunity to defend its interests," court documents said.

"But Geico did have the opportunity to participate and defend its interests—including the ability to challenge liability and damages—by entering a defense of Insured,"  the appeals court opinion said.