Author Topic: Time Magazine's "Person of the Year"  (Read 7738 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Time Magazine's "Person of the Year"
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »
Respectfully, you guys are missing the point. It's not that the police could have physically moved the hippies - they probably topped out at, what 150 pounds each - it's just a lot more fun to hit them in the face with pepper spray. Did you read the account I linked above? Priceless.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »
I posted this a while ago.  Interesting video to see the ebb and flow of the crowd.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=17383.0

How bad were those riot police? I mean, isn't there something in the riot police handbook about not getting your entire unit trapped in a human chain of hippies?

Yeah, for all the talk of how disorganized the OWS'rs were, pretty impressive that they blockaded in trained officers from an indian-style seated position.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »

My personal choice for POY.
that story changes so radically when the truth got out from what the liberal media was trying to portray it as. 

When did the truth get out and what was the truth?

That the protestors intentionally encircled the police, locked arms, and refused to move. The police sprayed a small group of students sitting on the path in order to exit the circle. Here's a pretty funny depiction of the events from one of the occupiers. http://boingboing.net/2011/11/20/ucdeyetwitness.html

Silly hippies. So naive, so self-righteous, they're like perpetual teenagers.

Why didn't the police just step over them and arrest them?

Because they shouldn't have to. The point is that they intentionally provoked the police and disobeyed an order to clear the path. I would have used the old billy club, or rubber bullets. rough ridin' hippies.

They absolutely should have to.

There were less stupid hippies behind them as well who had the smarts to GTFO when the pepper spray came out.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall