Author Topic: Aggieville rave scene - Johnny Kaw's epicenter.  (Read 5416 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Aggieville rave scene - Johnny Kaw's epicenter.
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »
Looks legit.  Electronic music and glow sticks and everything. 

Gonna need some reports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=VQLK-YZWj4s&NR=1

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Aggieville rave scene - Johnny Kaw's epicenter.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »
 :dubious:
:adios:

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »
I heard ale house and campus tavern are both closing down. True or False??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »

Goodness.

Sounds like they may need a rave infusion.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 11:45:53 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ale House is true, they are opening up "Lucky's" in its place.  Not sure on Camp Tav.

Strange business model to continually be opening up new bars in place of their old ones.  Johnny Kaws took most of the crowd from Alehouse when it opened.  

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 11:47:05 AM »
yuck.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 01:07:59 PM »
yeah, it would appear that the people behind all of these bars are huge dumbasses.  not even getting into them stealing their own business form their other bars I can't imagine anything better for the bottom line than hosting a rave.   :flush:

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
Campus Tavern is closed.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »
Seriously though? How the eff do you not make it if you're a bar in aggieville? You have to be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) with your business right?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »
Seriously though? How the eff do you not make it if you're a bar in aggieville? You have to be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) with your business right?

I don't know. Ask the idiot who owns Alehouse and is on like his 6th try at having a successful bar in Aggieville. Always helps to have rich parents that fund your failures.

Also, really hate how people put on a dubstep song, ironic 90s NBA hats, and call it a rave. I bet they don't even have good drugs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »

it's actually a pretty challenging market.  you can't price drinks like you would at a normal large city bar.  you aren't going to sell premium liquor.  you aren't going to sell premium food.  you are forced to push quantity and hope you can sell a billion bottles of bud light at the tiny margin you are able to charge for them.  that said, it isn't hard if you aren't a complete dumbass.  staffing is very easy and the local distributors are great to work with.  

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »

it's actually a pretty challenging market.  you can't price drinks like you would at a normal large city bar.  you aren't going to sell premium liquor.  you aren't going to sell premium food.  you are forced to push quantity and hope you can sell a billion bottles of bud light at the tiny margin you are able to charge for them.  that said, it isn't hard if you aren't a complete dumbass.  staffing is very easy and the local distributors are great to work with.  

finding people may be easy but so is watching your thin margin poured away to their friends as free drinks

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »

finding people may be easy but so is watching your thin margin poured away to their friends as free drinks

Yes. See Drinx 1.0 vs. Drinx 2.0

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »

yeah, see the "if you aren't a complete dumbass" portion of my post

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »
I think Campus Tavern will have been 3-4 different bars by the time I've graduated

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »
I just hope the next occupant of CT maintains the pristine bathrooms.

:love: CT's bathrooms.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »

Are the margins really that thin?  Granted, I haven't seen what the utilities bills are like but well whiskey/vodka/rum is like $12 a bottle at wholesale.  Roughly 40 wells in that handle and you're making decent profit, even on dollar night.  

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 03:29:03 PM »

Man, my group of people I hang out with started me out on O'Malleys when I first got here. The difference between O'Malleys and CT's bathrooms are like going from Haiti to Switzerland.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 03:31:26 PM »

Are the margins really that thin?  Granted, I haven't seen what the utilities bills are like but well whiskey/vodka/rum is like $12 a bottle at wholesale.  Roughly 40 wells in that handle and you're making decent profit, even on dollar night.  

compared to a non-college-town bar, yes, margins are thin

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 03:35:38 PM »

Just get a frat to choose your bar, look the other way on dubious fakes and sell cheap draws.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »

Just get a frat to choose your bar, look the other way on dubious fakes and sell cheap draws.

Certainly works for Porter's.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »

Yes. See Drinx 1.0 vs. Drinx 2.0

ha, count me and my group of friends as the reason Drinx 1.0 failed.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »

This.  Anyone got tips for which bathrooms to use for snorting drugs and taking shits in Aggieville while the Taj Mahal of bathrooms is closed?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 03:43:07 PM »
I think Campus Tavern will have been 3-4 different bars by the time I've graduated

Was it anything before The Loft?  IIRC, it wasn't a bar at least immediately before.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »

This.  Anyone got tips for which bathrooms to use for snorting drugs and taking shits in Aggieville while the Taj Mahal of bathrooms is closed?

I guess we're back to Jimmy Johns pre-bar rush  :frown: