Author Topic: Gipson >>> * (Diaz>JHr)  (Read 7490 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gipson >>> * (Diaz>JHr)
« on: December 11, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »
That is all

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Gipson >>> * (Diaz>JHr)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
was also going to say, I love him but we are going to get smoke in conference play if the rest of the bigs don't step their game up.

Jamar is quickly heading to his worst year on record.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 03:48:44 PM »
Best player on the team.

Offline KSU-Krazie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »
Next year, Gipson and Upshaw.  :love:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
Jamar :facepalm:

Don't worry though, Rusty never expected him to be all-conference. :lol: :rolleyes:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »
Jamar played decent the last 8 minutes and OT.

Gipson is really good offensively, is solid most of the time on defense and rebounding. Way better than I ever imagined he'd be to this point.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »

Gipson is really good offensively, is solid most of the time on defense and rebounding. Way better than I ever imagined he'd be to this point.

Oh sure, it's cute when Jamar realizes 32 minutes into a game that he should be dominating.

Even then, he makes every underneath shot the most difficult thing on earth. They just happened to roll in a few times toward the end while the refs bailed him out with garbage fouls.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »
I have always wondered how Jamar plays in pick up games w/o officials, does avoid contact more or less?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »

Oh sure, it's cute when Jamar realizes 32 minutes into a game that he should be dominating.

Even then, he makes every underneath shot the most difficult thing on earth. They just happened to roll in a few times toward the end while the refs bailed him out with garbage fouls.
I've never really bought into this talking point till this year.  Both Jam and JHr have been rough ridin' deplorable down low.  Its like they are trying to give the other team opportunities to strip them and get decent defensive positioning.  I would love to know who is teaching these guys these amazing post moves.  Its like going up strong is being taught as a non-option. 

I just hope  Gip ignores whatever coaching is being perpetrated.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 05:03:29 PM »
I have always wondered how Jamar plays in pick up games w/o officials, does avoid contact more or less?

I've always wondered what he would do in a slam dunk contest.  If I had to bet on whether or not he would dunk or do some triple fake layup attempt, I would chose the triple fake layup attempt. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
Don't worry though, Rusty never expected him to be all-conference. :lol: :rolleyes:

i've never seen a stupid person lolling at a smart person for something smart the smart person told the stupid person before.  world turned upside down.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 08:38:46 PM »
Mediocre bbiq here, but don't you think if we had just one player who could pose as an outside offensive threat it would be easier on the bigs?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 08:49:12 PM »
Mediocre bbiq here, but don't you think if we had just one player who could pose as an outside offensive threat it would be easier on the bigs?

Yes, and anyone that thinks Diaz is better than JHR should be slapped.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 09:17:51 PM »

Yes, and anyone that thinks Diaz is better than JHR should be slapped.

I don't remember exactly what JHR looked like in Nov/Dec of last year, but I'm pretty sure it was horrible.

Bring it on bitch.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 09:23:24 PM »

i've never seen a stupid person lolling at a smart person for something smart the smart person told the stupid person before.  world turned upside down.

I very much enjoyed this.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 09:25:25 PM »
I always enjoy when RustyKSU acts like he "knew something all along" when he didn't. It is the warm blanket of familiarity.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 08:54:04 AM »
That is all

Really, Gipson is better than JHR?  The guy averaging nearly a double-double is better than a guy who's still looking for his first? 

That's some keen basketball IQ you've got there.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 08:56:48 AM »
I always enjoy when RustyKSU acts like he "knew something all along" when he didn't. It is the warm blanket of familiarity.

This place has been kind of mean lately.   :frown:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
I'm sick of watching Jamar flail around like a drunken old man every time he goes up for a shot.  He either makes himself 6 foot tall and gets his crap rejected or throws up some circus garbage that has no chance of going in.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »

Has to be.  I mean the influx of crap posters with the PigAggie Incident have to be dealt with in such a way that they don't feel comfy enough to stay.  Exploit them for entertainment then toss them aside when bored.  

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »

Has to be.  I mean the influx of crap posters with the PigAggie Incident have to be dealt with in such a way that they don't feel comfy enough to stay.  Exploit them for entertainment then toss them aside when bored. 

Negative play (when there are high expectations) always begets negative posting.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 09:49:31 AM »

i've never seen a stupid person lolling at a smart person for something smart the smart person told the stupid person before.  world turned upside down.

I very much enjoyed this.

These are the kind of posts that a quality sys related sock should be focusing on.  All socks claiming to be sys related, but not making posts in this vein should be banned.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 11:20:30 AM »
I'm starting to  :ohno: about Gipson's NBA prospects.  I'm not a big NBA fan, but maybe a sort of Charles Barkley type player at that level.