Author Topic: #teamangel  (Read 54181 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: #teamangel
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »
Angel was more awful today than even I could have imagined.  It's like each game he progressively gets worse at basketball.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:11 PM »
I love angel and the white hope guy
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
LOL at people that think 3 star true freshman point guards just step in and dominate...

#teamangel...

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2011, 12:55:09 PM »
I never thought he would dominate. But I didn't think seven games into his freshman year I would still be waiting for him to show me he will ever be anything for a bench rotation guy.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2011, 05:17:48 PM »
ar-t haters should keep in mind that it is hardly his fault that he's missing a few shots.  no one could shoot well in his situation.  Angel just won't shoot anymore, unless it's a layup.  It will be awhile before his confidence is back.  He had a beautiful stroke for the first three games (two exhibition games, albeit) but now looks uncertain.  There was another poster who thought that Frank's yelling had nothing to do with Angel's shooting, that it was the magnitude of the game and the improved competition that made him miss against West Virginia.  Baloney!  The two shots that he should have put down were WIDE open.  Both came almost immediately after he was screamed at by Frank.   Easy shots for any D-1 player.  He missed because he was tight and uncertain.  Simple as that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »
ar-t haters should keep in mind that it is hardly his fault that he's missing a few shots.  no one could shoot well in his situation.  Angel just won't shoot anymore, unless it's a layup.  It will be awhile before his confidence is back.  He had a beautiful stroke for the first three games (two exhibition games, albeit) but now looks uncertain.  There was another poster who thought that Frank's yelling had nothing to do with Angel's shooting, that it was the magnitude of the game and the improved competition that made him miss against West Virginia.  Baloney!  The two shots that he should have put down were WIDE open.  Both came almost immediately after he was screamed at by Frank.   Easy shots for any D-1 player.  He missed because he was tight and uncertain.  Simple as that.

LOL

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2011, 06:52:31 PM »
Question:  off the top of their head, can anyone think of a college guard who shot FTs at an .800 clip but was a legitimately sucky shooter from the floor?  I mean, streaky is one thing, but I'm having trouble coming up with an example of someone who was consistently very good at FTs but very poor at shooting from the field.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
Question:  off the top of their head, can anyone think of a college guard who shot FTs at an .800 clip but was a legitimately sucky shooter from the floor?  I mean, streaky is one thing, but I'm having trouble coming up with an example of someone who was consistently very good at FTs but very poor at shooting from the field.

Good point. Its one thing to have a couple guys struggle with shooting, but Spradling is the only guard we have shooting well right now. McGruds, Irving, and Angel are all better (and likely much better) shooters than they have shown so far. Its reasonable to expect all of them to shoot at least 35% from 3, and for McGruder to shoot at least 40%. As is they have combined to shoot 19.4%. Its an amazing statistic really.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »
I'm pretending that Franck and greenwalt are killing them in practice right now and their legs aren't under them yet.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »
I'm pretending that Franck and greenwalt are killing them in practice right now and their legs aren't under them yet.
yes, I do the same.  In fact, someone posted a comment about a 9 am outside in the NFla chat and  I immediately felt better

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2011, 07:37:06 PM »
Good point. Its one thing to have a couple guys struggle with shooting, but Spradling is the only guard we have shooting well right now. McGruds, Irving, and Angel are all better (and likely much better) shooters than they have shown so far. Its reasonable to expect all of them to shoot at least 35% from 3, and for McGruder to shoot at least 40%. As is they have combined to shoot 19.4%. Its an amazing statistic really.

ar-t will end up btwn 30-35% this year and btwn 35-40% his next three years.  he'll shoot too often to get higher than 40%.  mcgruder will probably shoot too much to get over 40% this season too.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »
ar-t will end up btwn 30-35% this year and btwn 35-40% his next three years.  he'll shoot too often to get higher than 40%.  mcgruder will probably shoot too much to get over 40% this season too.

I don't know how many more McGruds will shoot; he attempted 169 last year, which is a pretty decent number. Right now he's at 4.86 attempts per game, last year was 4.97. I agree on Angel, its more likely he'll shoot similar to Pullen's FR numbers; 30% on 4 attempts per game. Angel is at 3 attempts per game and 14% currently. He can't (and won't) be that bad of a shooter.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »

Just looking at K-State players, the closest thing I could find was Lance as a JR. Shot 76% from the FT line and 27% from 3, but that was a weird shooting year for him.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »
it's december, WGAF  :jerk:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2011, 08:07:50 PM »
I don't know how many more McGruds will shoot; he attempted 169 last year, which is a pretty decent number. Right now he's at 4.86 attempts per game, last year was 4.97.

i was thinking that he'd be around 200 attempts for the year, but even if he is substantially under that (as your stats indicate), he's been shooting more hard shots than last year.  perhaps that will change as defenses adjust to gipson, as samuels gets more minutes and shots and if/when irving/ar-t start to hit a few.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »
I don't know how many more McGruds will shoot; he attempted 169 last year, which is a pretty decent number. Right now he's at 4.86 attempts per game, last year was 4.97.

i was thinking that he'd be around 200 attempts for the year, but even if he is substantially under that (as your stats indicate), he's been shooting more hard shots than last year.  perhaps that will change as defenses adjust to gipson, as samuels gets more minutes and shots and if/when irving/ar-t start to hit a few.

The major change in his game is that he's shooting a lot more 2 PT shots, over twice as many per game (7.7 per game this year, 3.7 last).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »
The major change in his game is that he's shooting a lot more 2 PT shots, over twice as many per game (7.7 per game this year, 3.7 last).

yeah, he's been better at getting shots than i expected.

catzacker

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
What will Awful's ppg be this year and forward? 

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2011, 10:04:11 PM »

i was thinking that he'd be around 200 attempts for the year, but even if he is substantially under that (as your stats indicate), he's been shooting more hard shots than last year.  perhaps that will change as defenses adjust to gipson, as samuels gets more minutes and shots and if/when irving/ar-t start to hit a few.

This is right on the money, Sprads and Mcgruder took wide open looks last year and are having to adjust to carrying the load, hopefully they will adjust, it is not necessarily a matter of time.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2011, 10:19:35 PM »
Sprads is shooting 4% better from 3, but 8% worse on 2s. Like McGruds, he's shooting a lot more 2s than last year.

I agree, both will have to adjust to a bigger role in scoring.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »

Frank should yell at him more to toughen him up, hell this is just college fun, wait till he gets into the real world.   :bwpopcorn:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »
I can't wait for ar-t to get good at basketball.

When he does, look out!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »

yeah, he's been better at getting shots than i expected.

I had quite a few moments on Sunday when I was pissed, but none more so than when Gruds slashed across the lane for that lefty layup that rattled out in the 1st half. I mean damn, our guards haven't proven to be the most skilled finishers in the world and then they just can't seem to get a lucky bounce.

As has been fleshed out in this thread, our guards 2 ptFG efficiency has been less than stellar, and honestly that worries more than our inability to knock down 3's right now. Pretty much all of them are having difficulty finishing when contested at the rim, and Tay on the break :facepalm:, at the very least our guys should have it figured out to hustle to the oboards when he's on a breakaway because the odds are good there's going to be a great opportunity for a slop bucket in the very near future.

Then, our collective mid-range game, Sprads floater hasn't even really been close, he got that 1 off the glass to tie it against N. Fla, very glad to see that, but man really hope he can get way more consistent with that. Irving has actually knocked down a couple of nice mid range jumpers this year, I think he's just more comfortable there than from deep. Angel, man, he hasn't even tried anything from mid-range recently. I think it's safe to say his confidence is just shot attempting anything beyond 2 ft, I really hope he can start to build that back up somehow, his energy on D and overall hustle are valuable to this team, but man, we are hurting for some offensive creativity/efficiency from the backcourt right now.

Even if that creative force never emerges this year, we're still going to grind out some wins, maybe even steal some against some talented teams, but it means we'll have a ceiling, a no way we're finishing above 5th place, bubble team ceiling. But honestly, those were kind of my expectations(and pretty much everybody else's) at the start of the year, we are what we are.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
southwell's mid range j is fantastic.  automatic.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2011, 01:36:54 PM »
automatic.

:dubious:

I will agree he has the best mid range J on the team, but I wouldn't call it money, and his running hooks? They are an adventure all unto themselves.

I do like what he overall brings to the table though, really wish Gruds was a better ball handler, so we could play them together at the 2/3 more.