Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927655 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #4600 on: April 19, 2012, 08:39:05 AM »
I bet her db fiance still marries her.
Of course. The only reason he even proposed is because she was rough ridin' "BMFP"

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #4601 on: April 19, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
I bet her db fiance still marries her.
Of course. The only reason he even proposed is because she was rough ridin' "BMFP"

I don't know.  I mean, it's not like they are going to get kick ass seats this year...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: April 19, 2012, 09:32:25 AM »
I would coach there if I was him.  I mean, they guy took a guy that looked like Petrino and made him desirable to swim suit models.  Imagine what it could do with a guy like Gruden?  Starting with a much higher base, the sky would be the limit.

You don't think Gruden is doing better than any girl in the entire state of Arky?

C'mon bruh.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: April 19, 2012, 09:36:42 AM »
I would coach there if I was him.  I mean, they guy took a guy that looked like Petrino and made him desirable to swim suit models.  Imagine what it could do with a guy like Gruden?  Starting with a much higher base, the sky would be the limit.

You don't think Gruden is doing better than any girl in the entire state of Arky?

C'mon bruh.

I have no doubt he is, but life is about the little things.  Like having full control of your surroundings in every nook and cranny of whatevs shitty state you happen to work in at that time.  I mean, sure Gruden could be popular anywhere, but he would be a god in many states in the south and Ark is one of them.  He could claim their hot springs and diamond mines as his own and command all incoming frosh to do 6 mo hard labor in the mines.    Get this, they would love him for it too. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: April 20, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »
Kinda doubt Gruden gets down with toothless hillbilly methheads.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #4605 on: April 20, 2012, 01:17:46 AM »
Kinda doubt Gruden gets down with toothless hillbilly methheads.

Yeah because Gruden such a big shot smooth operator. What a stud!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »
John L. Smith huh? nice pig aggies.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: April 23, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: April 23, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
 :lol:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: April 23, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: April 23, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »
One year? Coming from Weber State? Weird.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7846339/arkansas-razorbacks-bring-back-coach-john-l-smith-1-year-deal

We should have just hired Tex Winter to a one year deal so we could go get Pearl the next year. I wonder what disgraced coach Arkansas has their eyes on.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: April 23, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »
I wonder what disgraced coach Arkansas has their eyes on.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: April 23, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »
University College of Arkansas be runnin' crap up in the Natural State

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »
I wonder what Scottie Pippen thinks about his alma mater's new coach.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »
I know this was debated earlier in the thread, should put things to rest. Last word.

*Note, 6 of the 10 are in SEC country, just sayin.. Well, I guess 7 of 10 now that A&M is gone..

The 10 States and 10 Jobs With the Most Low-Wage Workers
APR 30 2012, 4:30 PM ET 70
Why a white fast-food employee in Mississippi who never started college is the statistical epitome of American poverty

Reuters
One in four U.S. workers -- or nearly 40 million people -- earn a salary below the federal poverty line of $23,000 for a family of four.* Who are they, where are they, and how does their education differ from the rest of the country? A wonderful new paper from the Economic Policy Institute explains it all.

Let's start with where they work. The Bureau of Labor Statistics counts 22 job categories, ranging from building and grounds maintenance (which employes one in 30 working people) to office and administrative support (which employs one in six). In 2010, the category with the highest share of low-income workers by far -- nearly 75%! -- was food preparation and serving. That was followed by personal care, which also happens to be the fastest growing occupation in the next decade, according to BLS.

The chart below looks at the six occupations with the highest share of low-wage workers (in RED) and also shows you their share of the total workforce (in BLUE). The upshot is that the top six six categories -- each with at least a third of their workers earning less than $23,000 -- make up more than one-third of the economy. Broadly speaking, the occupations with some of the worst pay are local-service jobs, especially in the non-tradable sector.

Where do these workers live? In 2010, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas had the largest share of people earning sub-povery wages, EPI found. Here's a look at the 10 states with the highest share of workers making less than $23,000. I've also included, in the RED bars, the share of workers in each state making between $23,000 and $46,000. The upshot is that, in these ten states, between 70% and 80% of workers are earning less than $46,000.

Those are awfully low numbers, which might suggest that this data is counting millions of part-time workers. But according to EPI, only 31.5% of low-wage workers they counted lived in households with a family income greater than $50,000. That suggests "that these low-wage workers are not predominately teenagers living with their parents or adults with low-paying jobs living with a higher-earning spouse," Rebecca Thiess concludes.

Now let's look at education. Here it's useful to directly compare the "poverty" workforce (those earning less than $23,000 a year) with the total workforce. What you get is a classic argument for the power of education. Four-year graduates are underrepresented in the poverty workforce and less-than-high-school grads are overrepresented in the poverty workforce.

Finally, let's consider the racial breakdown of under-poverty earners, with this graph taken directly from the Economic Policy Institute. We see whites underrepresented and blacks and Hispanics overrepresented in the poverty-wage workforce.

*Note: This is not the same as being technically in poverty, since poverty statistics apply to households, while these statistics apply to individual workers. One household might have two workers earning less than $23,000 but the total household earnings are above the poverty threshold.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/04/the-10-states-and-10-jobs-with-the-most-low-wage-workers/256553/

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: May 01, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »
wow i was just saying they were stupid and poor earlier to be hurtful.

I had no idea it was this bad  :sdeek:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: May 01, 2012, 10:57:10 AM »
wow i was just saying they were stupid and poor earlier to be hurtful.

I had no idea it was this bad  :sdeek:

It's not that surprising. Wal Mart isn't a bad job for a high school kid or a job to help pay your way through college, but it makes for a horrible career.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: May 01, 2012, 11:03:44 AM »
Wow, 80% make substantially less than I do after being out of college just 3 years.  Terrible.  Someone should make an informercial

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: May 02, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4620 on: May 02, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »
that house is crap.  it looks like they moved straight from their Raytown duplex into their white trash castle.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: May 02, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
that house is crap.  it looks like they moved straight from their Raytown duplex into their white trash castle.

So hick, so pigaggie

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: May 02, 2012, 08:18:39 PM »
i think we can close the book on this one (if we haven't already). yes, it hurt the image of our respectable institution to be associated with the disgrace that is pigaggy.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: May 03, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »
think it's time to lock this thread up.