Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927529 times)

Offline Professorstinkynuts

• One hell of a nice guy.
  • Fan
  • One good looking S.O.B.
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #3450 on: January 02, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »
I just got on this site to learn a little more about the upcoming cotton bowl. I am highly educated and quite attractive but I will have to say that I was appalled at what I have learned about Arkansas and their utter hate and disdain for anything that is not snowy white. I will be rooting even harder for the wildcats on my 70 inch flat screen in my home theatre. 
"How do you write women so well?"
"I think of a man and then take away reason and accountability."

Offline We Are Better Than You

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: January 02, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
I live in Arkansas and went to every home game.  It was flown for every home Arkansas game this year, often times higher than the American flag.  I guess we know were their priorities are. :rolleyes:

Try again...

Oh. My. Lord. You won't drop the flag from the 1960's game, will you? And you still haven't answered my question... Have you seen a Confederate flag at a Arkansas football game since that specific football game? Let me answer this for you... No! You haven't... Arkansans are not any more racist than Kansas is more terroristic. You can't justify actions of a small town on US HWY 65 anymore than you can of a cult on West 12th Street.

That being said, I'm not even sure that you read the article. "{Flying the} confederate flag is not a racial issue but standing up for southern heritage, the military, and state's rights. There are some of us that are proud of their heritage. My great-grandfather fought under that flag and I’m proud of that fact, and I think it’s a shame. I’m not a history buff, but I don’t think you can find anything in the history books bad about Robert E. Lee.”

That's it. The end. Though it is about perception and being politically correct in this country, the City Council did the right thing, in my opinion. It shouldn't be flown on government property because the flag symbolizes a Confederacy that does not exist anymore. It would be the same if a Northern state flew a Union flag. Freedom of speech bro...

Every State flies the Union Flag to this day, what with the North winning the war and all...

Actually, the Union flag and the current American flag have a different number of stars, genius.. Thus the Southerner's would be offended if that flag was flown...

To the rest of the posters regarding the flag at the game... A vast majority of Arkansans do not utilize, wave, etc., the Confederate flag to any degree in support of racism or hatred. The flag does carry that connotation with some, obviously, you ignorant KSU fans. The funniest of things though - Kansas was almost more involved with slavery and the Confederacy than Arkansas was... That's the best part of this whole thing. The idealism that Arkansas is behind the city council of Marshall and what I posted about early - Robert E. Lee, state's rights, and the military. You all accuse Arkansas of being racist but you have no proof... Your a bunch of blow hards. It's that simple.

I just got on this site to learn a little more about the upcoming cotton bowl. I am highly educated and quite attractive but I will have to say that I was appalled at what I have learned about Arkansas and their utter hate and disdain for anything that is not snowy white. I will be rooting even harder for the wildcats on my 70 inch flat screen in my home theatre. 

Please. Go. Away. You disgust me with your arrogance and bigotry... Go jump off a bridge...
EMAW mods fold like the K-State D-Line...welcome back, Jack!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: January 02, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
:lol:

Look, you're a racist.  Go with it.  Just don't expect the rest of the world (you know, dem ignorant folk) to consider you a part of 2012 society.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: January 02, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »
I think we can go ahead and close this thread.  We have definitively determined that playing Arkansas will hurt the image of our program on several levels.  Unless ADJC pulls off some serious magic to find a more respectable opponent, we should just focus on how we are going to rebuild our image after the game.

/thread

I just twittered the video to ADJC, LHCBS and the Cotton Bowl.  Let's pray they do the right thing.

Keep dreaming... I think you guys are scared... That's just my opinion... I think you're scared of playing against some of the most talented players K-State has and will ever see... Grow a pair and quit being a bunch of pussies. Your school, nor your coach, nor your AD is going to do crap to anybody about anything.

By the way, I hope you guys enjoy the visitor section and your team enjoys the visitor locker room... I'm sure there will be plenty of room, we'll let you sit with us.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: January 02, 2012, 05:47:48 PM »

Look, you're a racist.  Go with it.  Just don't expect the rest of the world (you know, dem ignorant folk) to consider you a part of 2012 society.

So are you. Go with it. Everybody's doing it!  :rolleyes:

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: January 02, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »
What color are the sheets on your bed?  Now how about he ones in your closet.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: January 02, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

The wife likes the colored ones... If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy... More specifically, what's your point little buddy?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: January 02, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »

Look, you're a racist.  Go with it.  Just don't expect the rest of the world (you know, dem ignorant folk) to consider you a part of 2012 society.

So are you. Go with it. Everybody's doing it!  :rolleyes:

Interestingly, what came on FSN immediately after the show featuring kkkaggy whooping it up after a pig victory was the KSU Cats hoops game, where you could find me on TV waving a flag.  Of course, it wasn't a flag that has been adopted by the klan as a symbol of white power.

What we've got is pigaggy fans waving confederate flags at the very bowl game that we're playing Friday, and you spending a day attempting to justify it.  You're a disgusting piece of crap, and just as I told the last hardcore racist I encountered (that girl at McFadden's after DukePak in 2010), to borrow a phrase from bosz56, you should go in the back and kill yourself.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: January 02, 2012, 06:01:11 PM »

Look, you're a racist.  Go with it.  Just don't expect the rest of the world (you know, dem ignorant folk) to consider you a part of 2012 society.

So are you. Go with it. Everybody's doing it!  :rolleyes:

Interestingly, what came on FSN immediately after the show featuring kkkaggy whooping it up after a pig victory was the KSU Cats hoops game, where you could find me on TV waving a flag.  Of course, it wasn't a flag that has been adopted by the klan as a symbol of white power.

Let me guess... Does it say "I'm better than everybody else because I went to K-State"?

What we've got is pigaggy fans waving confederate flags at the very bowl game that we're playing Friday, and you spending a day attempting to justify it.  You're a disgusting piece of crap, and just as I told the last hardcore racist I encountered (that girl at McFadden's after DukePak in 2010), to borrow a phrase from bosz56, you should go in the back and kill yourself.

...and I'll say it again, again... What proof do you have that Razorback fans will be waiving Confederate flags? You keep saying this stuff and it's not getting you anywhere. You ignorance is blinding you. Nobody said anything about it being racist but you guys. Arkansans are some of the most patriotic Americans you'll ever meet, whereas K-State fans are nothing but a bunch of haters of anybody that might be different... Skin color included... Who's the racist now, bitch!?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: January 02, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »

Interestingly, what came on FSN immediately after the show featuring kkkaggy whooping it up after a pig victory was the KSU Cats hoops game, where you could find me on TV waving a flag.  Of course, it wasn't a flag that has been adopted by the klan as a symbol of white power.

Let me guess... Does it say "I'm better than everybody else because I went to K-State"?

No, it was the Puerto Rico flag, no words on it.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: January 02, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »

Interestingly, what came on FSN immediately after the show featuring kkkaggy whooping it up after a pig victory was the KSU Cats hoops game, where you could find me on TV waving a flag.  Of course, it wasn't a flag that has been adopted by the klan as a symbol of white power.

That makes sense

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: January 02, 2012, 06:05:32 PM »

What we've got is pigaggy fans waving confederate flags at the very bowl game that we're playing Friday, and you spending a day attempting to justify it.  You're a disgusting piece of crap, and just as I told the last hardcore racist I encountered (that girl at McFadden's after DukePak in 2010), to borrow a phrase from bosz56, you should go in the back and kill yourself.

...and I'll say it again, again... What proof do you have that Razorback fans will be waiving Confederate flags? You keep saying this stuff and it's not getting you anywhere. You ignorance is blinding you. Nobody said anything about it being racist but you guys. Arkansans are some of the most patriotic Americans you'll ever meet, whereas K-State fans are nothing but a bunch of haters of anybody that might be different... Skin color included... Who's the racist now, bitch!?

Video evidence that they do so, and you saying both it was OK to do it then because it was 1965 and OK to do it now because it's actually a symbol of patriotism (in a psuedo-country that ceased to exist over a century ago). 

If you think that only goEMAW'rs think the flag is racist, I encourage you to have Grand Wizard Jones hang it up in the Arkansas locker room Friday and see what sort of reaction follows.

Now stop typing, and start shooting yourself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: January 02, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »

That makes sense

K-State lets non-whites attend the school and play on the teams.

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: January 02, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »

The wife likes the colored ones... If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy... More specifically, what's your point little buddy?

That makes sense. Why did you use the word colored as opposed to the actual color. Very deepseeded in racism.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: January 02, 2012, 06:20:40 PM »
Waving the Confederate Flag is patriotic to a country which was at war with the United States of America for most of its short existence.  Sounds more like treason than patriotism.  Also, for everyone that is not a treasonous southerner, it represents racism and slavery.
:adios:

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: January 02, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »

Video evidence that they do so, and you saying both it was OK to do it then because it was 1965 and OK to do it now because it's actually a symbol of patriotism (in a psuedo-country that ceased to exist over a century ago). 

If you think that only goEMAW'rs think the flag is racist, I encourage you to have Grand Wizard Jones hang it up in the Arkansas locker room Friday and see what sort of reaction follows.

Now stop typing, and start shooting yourself.

First off, your vid was from 1965... Secondly, show me where I said it was OK to do it then and now... I want the proof... You guys are full of accusations but are never able to back it up. I never said it was patriotism either. You continue to put words into my mouth. I said it was in remembrance of Robert E. Lee, states rights and the military.

JJ would never do that... He's classier than you...

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: January 02, 2012, 06:23:46 PM »

That makes sense

K-State lets non-whites attend the school and play on the teams.

That's so weird, we do too!!  :jerk:

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: January 02, 2012, 06:25:39 PM »

That makes sense. Why did you use the word colored as opposed to the actual color. Very deepseeded in racism.

Because my sheets are more than one color? I feel as though you're discriminating against me because of my colored sheets... I'm going to call the Cotton Bowl, asking them to bar you from the gate...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: January 02, 2012, 06:29:24 PM »
show me where I said it was OK to do it then and now... I want the proof... You guys are full of accusations but are never able to back it up. I never said it was patriotism either. You continue to put words into my mouth. I said it was in remembrance of Robert E. Lee, states rights and the military.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2842;sa=showPosts

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: January 02, 2012, 06:30:55 PM »

:lol: Professorstinkynuts is just killing it, I tell you he's killing it!  :lol: 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: January 02, 2012, 06:34:31 PM »
show me where I said it was OK to do it then and now... I want the proof... You guys are full of accusations but are never able to back it up. I never said it was patriotism either. You continue to put words into my mouth. I said it was in remembrance of Robert E. Lee, states rights and the military.

I want the exact one jackass, not everyone that I've posted.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: January 02, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »

I want the exact one jackass, not everyone that I've posted.

Everything you've posted since page 137 of this thread is an attempt to justify or excuse Arkansas' use of racist imagery at football games.

It's too bad you can't find video of EMAW'rs running around football fields with confederate flags.  That would make it a lot easier for you to argue your points, and would be pretty damning for my argument.  I'm glad I was born an EMAW so I can be on the right side of life. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #3472 on: January 02, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
from a state that was nicknamed Bloody Kansas because of slave ownership during the Civil War...
That nickname is directly a result of
Collin Klein's hand during the miami game.

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: January 02, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
I am an African-American Razorbacks fan who lives in Arkansas. So does that make me a racist in your eyes too?

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: January 02, 2012, 08:01:38 PM »
I am an African-American Razorbacks fan who lives in Arkansas. So does that make me a racist in your eyes too?

depends, were you born in Africa and then moved to America?