Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 935779 times)

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #750 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »
KSU fan says, "We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it."   
Are you kidding me??   wildhog

I dare you to prove that statement wrong.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 05, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »
KSU fan says, "We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it."   
Are you kidding me??   wildhog

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 05, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »
Wait, we are playing some team that has Calvin Klein at QB?  Why are my fellow Hog fans so up in arms about this?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 05, 2011, 02:22:45 PM »
Hate to break the news to you people, but you speak pretty confidently for a team picked to finish in the bottom half of a mediocre conference and has a one-dimensional offense. I'm sorry, but Arkansas is going to take your team behind the woodshed and bury the shovel with them. You will be LUCKY if you don't lose by 30+. Truth.  :comehere:

honest question:  when was the last time arkansas won a championship of any kind?

Honest question: When was the last time Kansas State EVER a championship?

I mean EVER.

great now we have nebraska fans posting, going to go get my tylenol

Offline Big Red

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 05, 2011, 02:23:59 PM »
Hate to break the news to you people, but you speak pretty confidently for a team picked to finish in the bottom half of a mediocre conference and has a one-dimensional offense. I'm sorry, but Arkansas is going to take your team behind the woodshed and bury the shovel with them. You will be LUCKY if you don't lose by 30+. Truth.  :comehere:

honest question:  when was the last time arkansas won a championship of any kind?

I mean EVER.

Don't worry, sweetheart. I'm a Razorback fan.

Offline LynchMob

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 05, 2011, 02:24:09 PM »
mods, we need one of these --->  :bait: but with a hog instead. tia.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 05, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »
Greetings from 'other' Manhattan,
No. The answer, Cat fans, is...no, playing the University of Arkansas in the bloody Cotton Bowl (which has the evening all to itself) only enhances your reputation. I mean honestly, the childishness on this board..even for the internet...sorry, (I don't want to fight Kansas State peoples! I went through the reg process and "assembled the image..." - mine was a house) I'm not from Arkansas, I'm not going to tell you where I'm from, but it isn't Arkansas, or New York and, certainly isn't Lawrence, KS either. Many other posters, most of them Akransas fans it would seem, have pointed out the several material respects in which the the Razorbacks (as they are presently composed) are superior to your Wildcats - (ibid). I was living in 'other Manhattan' last year when the KSU crew were very cruelly denied a rightful victory in the Pinstripe Bowl - you guys remember. Point is, the Razorbacks were in the Sugar Bowl, in the BCS, and while they ended up playing a lousy first half, folowed by a typically frantic, impressive, comeback during which they blocked a punt, right? and then Mallet wound up being picked, I beleieve. They lost anyway. Ohio State were honeycombed by corruption and graft. The game was memorable for little else. When one compares the Texas A&M games, one recalls that your dudes nearly gave it away and that Mike Sherman's frightful, jelly-legged bungling, a boot PI call in the endzone rather gifted that game to you. The Razorbacks took their win from the Aggies, just snatched it and ate of it, supped of it. Certainly the missed figgie against Vandy was most fortuitous for them, but Vandy are a decent team, little Rodgers is a gamer and they play smart those commiedoors. Now, how did I see the ARK - Vandy game? Because in New York, new york gets all the finest entertainments and the MSG network which broadcasts the Knicks, Rangers etc. also broadcasts one SEC game each week.(occassional big 12 games on deeper fox sports affiliate - your shaky win against ISU being one) Time Warner Cable pay a little bit more for the rights each year, each term, and are happy to do it, because the SEC is the premier conference, the game, the sport of college football at its finest. This circumstance is temporary, but it is a certaintity - dig and be cognisant...hold in that rage...the SEC is what you might call 'a going concern,' while the Big 12{-4 (+TCU)} is in a state of transition..shall we say. We shall, because we are being politic. Recruiting prospects suffer since young men are less willing to sit on the sidelines, take the redshirt, at KSU (Baylor et al.) because the conference is in a state of flux, and Texas isn't Texas exactly, and we see that Oklahoma are always one injury away from being undermanned...you get it. I mean Texas scored exactly 5 points against Missouri, my god. And yes, teams in the NCAA can improve very quickly, and devolve just as quickly, so weeks are occassionaly months - legal idiom? Boring myself now...NOW HEAR THIS WITH YOUR EYES: If you beat these Razorbacks you should consider yourselves lucky. If you don't see the value you in it that is on you. It has been a long time, most of a decade, since KSU football did much of anything, not since Sproles and Freeman (q. morgan? drafted by then?) furiously slapped'd'd the Sooners in the now defunct B12 Championship Game '03, was it? So, I should think a little gratitude and good cheer is in order. Or is that not your thing? You definitely restablished yourselves this year. However, this mincing about " national recognizability " surveys etc is transparent and petty. Never quote that survey in public ever again - seriously guys, I want to respect you.

love, love, love,
a fellow human

I Love you Man (or Woman)!  Not because you seem to favor the Arkansas arguments, but because you seem fairly intelligent!

intelligent is making words running those words together into sentences and eventually making a paragraph. the return or enter button can be your friend

iknowright? most of that is incoherent gibberish. Is that a local dialect in Arky?

Offline Hogs4life

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 05, 2011, 02:25:13 PM »
You people do understand that Arkansas is ranked number 6 right? ad that our only losses are to LSU and Alabama? http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/8/arkansas-razorbacks
KSU will be lucky not to lose by 30+ points! GO HOGS

Offline Big Red

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 05, 2011, 02:25:42 PM »

I guess you guys have to be good at something.

Because it sure isn't football or basketball.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 05, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
Why are your colors purple and gray? Are you TRYING to copy UCA?

Are you a poet?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 05, 2011, 02:27:08 PM »
You people do understand that Arkansas is ranked number 6 right? ad that our only losses are to LSU and Alabama? http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/8/arkansas-razorbacks

hey man, we are just thankful to be here. i hear they are giving the players ipods. how awesome

:cheers:

Offline LynchMob

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 05, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »

since when did nebraska fans join in on the festivities?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 05, 2011, 02:28:39 PM »

You do understand you are going against one of the most storied programs in the country, right?  :gocho:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 05, 2011, 02:28:48 PM »

honest question:  when was the last time arkansas won a championship of any kind?

I mean EVER.

Don't worry, sweetheart. I'm a Razorback fan.

i have been called sweety sweetheart and baby today. im going to start to see some pics of you ladies

but im flattered  :blush:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 05, 2011, 02:28:56 PM »

They have an elite soil judging program, and they're actually pretty good at both football and basketball.  

:dunno:

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: December 05, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »
mods, we need one of these --->  :bait: but with a hog instead. tia.

They have an elite soil judging program, and they're actually pretty good at both football and basketball.   

Validated.  Don't forget our EPAW Mendenhall. 

Offline LynchMob

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 05, 2011, 02:30:23 PM »

look at beems TSC'ing it up!  :love:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 05, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »

Why isn't your school called University of Kansa?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 05, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »

thanks beems  :cheers:

Offline RBLtoHOG

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 05, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »
The only thing out of this that will hurt K State's reputation is people reading this thread (and the one about Uekman's death). Lucky for you, I doubt anyone besides Arkansas fans will be reading it and it's pretty obvious what your opinion on us is so you should be just fine.

Here is to a fun and safe Cotton Bowl.  May your team be classier than its fans. :cheers:

BTW this thread did provide with some pretty good laughs.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:35:02 PM by RBLtoHOG »

Offline moirish75

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 05, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »
Asava... what are you smokin' up there man? lol

Most recognizable behind Notre Dame? One of the most storied in the country? KSU isn't even the most popular team in the Big 12 ... in fact they are next to last finishing over only Baylor!

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/

Offline HawgustusCaesar

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
If I were to make a $$$ donation to KSU, would I send it to LHC Bill Snyder or to one of his corporations, such as "Second Mile?"  

Offline Big Red

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »

They 0 national championships in either sport and a losing winning % in football.

I realize they're actually good in both sports currently, but to call out and try to troll Arkansas fans?

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 05, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »
Wait, we are playing some team that has Calvin Klein at QB?  Why are my fellow Hog fans so up in arms about this?

Some folks just really hate fashion. You can't save them Ham, don't waste your time.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 05, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »

They 0 national championships in either sport and a losing winning % in football.

I realize they're actually good in both sports currently, but to call out and try to troll Arkansas fans?

:lol: :lol: :lol: