Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927723 times)

Offline RazorbackswilltrashKSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #550 on: December 05, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »
As most of you here know I'm first cousins with Chris Fowler.  I was discussing this matchup with him over email this morning and he was pretty blunt about his feelings.  Said that this was a lose/lose for the Wildcats.  He said he thinks we run away with this one but was concerned we wouldn't even show up to play this loser game given our dissapointment over not making the NC or BCS game.  He said that one thing that could really hurt is for us to pull out a squeeker against what, on paper, is a hugely overmatched Arkansas team.  I tend to agree with him.  I mean, we win and big rough ridin' deal.  It's Arkansas.  We should beat these nobodys.  But, we just squeek by or somehow find a way to lose this game and we are a laughing stock.  Thoughts?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Chris Fowler? Really? Who cares if you are related to him. And who cares if he is on College Gameday. I wouldn't go to him for advice about Arkansas. I wouldn't go to him for advice about anything football related. I could do as good of a job as any of those guys on College Gameday. How can playing a team that is ranked higher than you possibly make you look bad?

I guess since K-State is so great, as a Hog fan we should be thankful for this match up because it will make us look really good? Please... Oklahoma would have been a better matchup for us.

I'm going to tell him you said that.  Will report back with his response....

Still waiting.........  :dunno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 05, 2011, 12:57:35 PM »
Hahahahaha you people are absolutely delusional...seriously this is entertaining to watch you discuss this like you know one thing about football.  Arkansas is a shitty state?  I dare any of y'all to come to Fayetteville and then say that after youve seen the Ozarks.  We have the corporations of Wal Mart, Tyson, and JB Hunt.  What do y'all have...Flat land and farms??  And to even talk about our women...they dress up for our games fine as hell in dresses and pearls, what do yalls wear overalls and straw hats?  K-State is a joke even in the Big 12, imagine if you came to the SEC you wouldnt win a game.  You should feel PRIVILEGED to even be able to play the 3rd best team in our conference.

ive been to your state branson is pretty nice

aaaawwwww yeeaaaahhh. Love me some Dixie Stampede!!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline w88pigs88ie

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:03 PM »
Hahahahaha you people are absolutely delusional...seriously this is entertaining to watch you discuss this like you know one thing about football.  Arkansas is a shitty state?  I dare any of y'all to come to Fayetteville and then say that after youve seen the Ozarks.  We have the corporations of Wal Mart, Tyson, and JB Hunt.  What do y'all have...Flat land and farms??  And to even talk about our women...they dress up for our games fine as hell in dresses and pearls, what do yalls wear overalls and straw hats?  K-State is a joke even in the Big 12, imagine if you came to the SEC you wouldnt win a game.  You should feel PRIVILEGED to even be able to play the 3rd best team in our conference.

apparently the geography teachers at KSU are pretty good too. Considering Branson is in Missouri.

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:13 PM »

Gloating over a convicted felon.  Disgusting.

Convicted felon? This is news to Arkansas.

I'll bet it IS.  I'll just bet you that it IS.

Why don't you go right ahead and tell us what Nolan Richardson has been convicted of?  I think you have mistaken him for someone else...not surprising really, but...

You know damn well what he did...you are the ones who fired a National Championship coach!

A:  We didn't fire him, he asked to be released - ON NATIONAL TV
B:  Provide a link to what his felony is - you know, just so you can back your ish up... because we all know you can't.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »

Is this some sort of joke?  We are better than every SEC team, except for maybe Georgia Tech or Florida (systems line up well against us).

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »

Why don't you go right ahead and tell us what Nolan Richardson has been convicted of?  I think you have mistaken him for someone else...not surprising really, but...

You know damn well what he did...you are the ones who fired a National Championship coach!

Trust us, it is a wonderful feeling for you to say "firing a National Championship coach". Grab your titles and let me see them!

Offline BetterDownSouth

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »

Branson is in Missouri...try again

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »

Trust us, it is a wonderful feeling for you to say "firing a National Championship coach". Grab your titles and let me see them!

We have quite a few.

Offline SwineFlew

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:03 PM »
Our janitor here in the office is a BIG Arkansas fan. Just heard her cell phone go off and I kid you not it played the banjo tune from deliverance.

I sure hope your previous 900+ posts were more original.  You are quite a card.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:12 PM »
Our players aren't dumb enough to go on Madden, but yeah Jordy, Darren and Josh are << Peyton Hillis.  

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:37 PM »
I am going to share some FACTS with you:

1.  Arkansas ranks in the bottom quartile in the country in the number of people who can read, and in all Proctor and Gamble personal hygiene ratings.

2.  Arkansas is number 3 nationally in the number of rapes of clergy.  Trailing only Rhode Island, Alaska and Missouri.

3. Gallup polling suggests that more people from Arkansas support the death penalty than catalytic converters.  

These are NOT the type of people we want to be associated with.  We should have passed on the Cotton and taken the Insight bowl.

#3 IN THE NATION - but trailing behind 3 states?  Did you know that 72% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Better check your "facts" again there buddy!  Yeah, you should have passed, but that would have required an actual invitation, which you didn't get. 

:dubious:Ok hogwild, im gonna help once and only once, when you press the quote button go the the very bottom of the text, after the code that says "
" , and press enter a couple times.

Hope this aids in your futile bbs'ing efforts

Already fixed it but hey thanks for the tip!

:lol:, you really cant make stuff like this up guys, I mean, I don't even...
[/quote]

I did already fix it - you might need to use this handy little circular looking arrow that will refresh your screen.  It really doesn't matter.  You owned me.  Whoo hoo!  You are so big and bad and mighty.  You are grammar and internet trolling KING.  I bow before your presence...  :thumbs:

Offline GoHogs77

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:44 PM »
is there a hillbillier state than Arkansas?!

Umm, yes! That would be, you guessed it, KANSAS!

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:50 PM »

We have quite a few.

Second Fiddle to Kansas is a pretty good "title". 90-180 All-Time.

Offline delta_razorback

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:54 PM »
I went through Kansas once.. I soon realized that it's where dreams go to die! If you live in Kansas It's because you have nothing going for you in your life. The place smells like sh*t. I'm guessing it's from all the outhouses. You guys must not have indoor plumming yet. Thats understandable! There is a lot of things that haven't made it to Kansas yet! TV's are in color now! you guys should try finding one! I'm guessing you who do have internet are still using dial-up? You guys should do some research, there's something better than that now! Anyway, I'll let you guys get back to hearding cattle and milking cows.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:59 PM »

apparently the geography teachers at KSU are pretty good too. Considering Branson is in Missouri.

but i rented a mule to beat the crap out of it outside of tablerock and they told me i was in arkansas maybe it all just runs together  :dunno:

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 05, 2011, 01:01:22 PM »

Why don't you go right ahead and tell us what Nolan Richardson has been convicted of?  I think you have mistaken him for someone else...not surprising really, but...

We have quite a few.

Stingy a^^holes won't count debate  :shakesfist:
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 05, 2011, 01:01:28 PM »

Is this some sort of joke?  We are better than every SEC team, except for maybe Georgia Tech or Florida (systems line up well against us).

Yes you're ranked behind 3 SEC teams...including Arkansas.   :horrorsurprise:

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 05, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »
Reminds me of the excellent BBSing that occurred during our tourney game with Utah State. The poor fools couldn't understand the BYU jokes at all.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline BetterDownSouth

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 05, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »

You continue to prove my point that people from Kansas know absolutely nothing about college football...Georgia Tech is in the ACC.  And no you would actually lose to everyone except for Tennessee, Kentucky, Vandy and Ole Miss

Offline jbkx

• Fan
  • Osculum Infame ... Neat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 05, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »
There's a guy who is on the cleaning crew where I work , Leonard is his name, that is from Memphis originally.  His uncle played football for Arkansas back in the 60's.  Says he was some all conference running back, Jackie some rough ridin' stupid inbred name or another.  
Anyway back to my story.  
Leonard has been bumping his gums all morning, literally, so I went out at lunch and cut the brake lines on his Datsun B-210.  Hope he wrecks into a train on his way back to the trailer tonight.

Offline HogsWillRapeU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 05, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »

Not only can you fail to read a poll correctly, but now you seem to be unable to read a conference map of schools correctly.  Georgia Tech is in the ACC.  GG

Offline RazorbackswilltrashKSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 05, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »

Pete is on a roll of not having his facts right... Georgia is in the SEC... Not Georgia Tech...

Offline Bosshog89

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 05, 2011, 01:06:03 PM »
HAHA! Are you kidding me? First, who's ahead of K-Stank in the rankings? ARKANSAS....Who went to the Sugar Bowl last year? ARKANSAS....Who has one of the most prolific offenses in the country? ARKANSAS. We're going to stop you guys so bad the Cotton bowl will regret selecting K-Stank. If anything, playing Arkansas helps K-Stank's exposure.

Offline Professor Farnsworth

• Fan
  • Good News Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 05, 2011, 01:06:11 PM »

Oooohhhhhhh  (shakes fist)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 05, 2011, 01:06:21 PM »

Pete is on a roll of not having his facts right... Georgia is in the SEC... Not Georgia Tech...

fine replace georgia tech with clemson and call it a day