Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927614 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #5075 on: December 25, 2015, 08:03:58 AM »

I find this thread which originated before the 2012 Cotton Bowl hilarious. Does playing Arkansas hurt the image the Kansas St program ? Well, lets see, the SEC expanded AFTER that Cotton Bowl and I don't recall KSU getting any consideration to join the best and deepest D-1 conference in all the land. Oh and by the way, in that Cotton Bowl, KSU was really never in the game. Usually I get a bit nervous no matter who we play, but I can say with real conviction, my pulse was in the mid 60's and my blood pressure was a cool 115/70.

You guys don't have the athletes to compete with Arkansas. Admittedly your coach is almost a genius because the guy gets more done with less talent than any coach in the country. Good luck at Memphis in the Liberty Bowl, you'll need Arkansas to be uncaring and indifferent. Which could happen.  I see KSU taking a two score lead early and holding that lead until the half-time ends. Then Arkansas will come out and play to their potential pulling away at the end to win, way   UA  38    KSU  24
Racist

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

The Big Train

« Reply #5076 on: December 25, 2015, 09:03:37 AM »
It's unhealthy how much these guys care about an exhibition game

Offline We Are Better Than You

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: December 25, 2015, 09:58:27 AM »
Just competitive is all. I know K-State isn't but we're not going to let you all bring us down.
EMAW mods fold like the K-State D-Line...welcome back, Jack!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: December 25, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »
It's almost 2016 and this is still happening.  :lol:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: December 25, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »

I find this thread which originated before the 2012 Cotton Bowl hilarious. Does playing Arkansas hurt the image the Kansas St program ? Well, lets see, the SEC expanded AFTER that Cotton Bowl and I don't recall KSU getting any consideration to join the best and deepest D-1 conference in all the land. Oh and by the way, in that Cotton Bowl, KSU was really never in the game. Usually I get a bit nervous no matter who we play, but I can say with real conviction, my pulse was in the mid 60's and my blood pressure was a cool 115/70.

You guys don't have the athletes to compete with Arkansas. Admittedly your coach is almost a genius because the guy gets more done with less talent than any coach in the country. Good luck at Memphis in the Liberty Bowl, you'll need Arkansas to be uncaring and indifferent. Which could happen.  I see KSU taking a two score lead early and holding that lead until the half-time ends. Then Arkansas will come out and play to their potential pulling away at the end to win, way   UA  38    KSU  24
Racist

They aren't even trying to hide it anymore
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: December 25, 2015, 10:35:51 AM »
Neither are you clowns.

Offline TwobizE2P

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: December 25, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »
Just competitive is all. I know K-State isn't but we're not going to let you all bring us down.

No, we're competitive but just when it comes to championships and stuff not third rate bowl games where you hide the winning trophy from visiting recruits. But hey, at least you guys upgraded from the Texas Bowl so there's that!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: December 25, 2015, 12:03:03 PM »
Is this the biggest game in arkansas history?  They are acting like it

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: December 25, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
It really does mean more to them than it does to us.  Even having to play them means a failed season to us so pretty hard to get psyched up about it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: December 25, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »

If the game was on christmas, I'd want them to win because it would mean so much to them and it would be the kind thing for us to do.  But it's not, so I'm completely indifferent.  Won't watch and would never risk being seen watching.

Offline TwobizE2P

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: December 25, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »

Guys...it like the Legend always says about K-State Football:

We came to win Championships; We stayed because we won Championships; We came back to win Championships. Nothing about minor bowl games. It's just a different mindset champions possess, can't really explain but you know it when you see it!  :billdance:

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: December 25, 2015, 01:38:18 PM »

Guys...it like the Legend always says about K-State Football:

We came to win Championships; We stayed because we won Championships; We came back to win Championships. Nothing about minor bowl games. It's just a different mindset champions possess, can't really explain but you know it when you see it!  :billdance:

And you only have a co-championship.  :lol:

The Big Train

« Reply #5087 on: December 25, 2015, 01:43:48 PM »
I am convinced Google doesn't exist in Arkansas :frown:

Offline TwobizE2P

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: December 25, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »

Used to live in Silicon Valley and I know Google usually only provides search engine access to communities (and states) that have literacy rates greater than 10%. I would've bet Arkansas was above that but obviously shouldn't have assumed. I bet they're not far below 10% though.

Offline hawgball

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: December 25, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »

Used to live in Silicon Valley and I know Google usually only provides search engine access to communities (and states) that have literacy rates greater than 10%. I would've bet Arkansas was above that but obviously shouldn't have assumed. I bet they're not far below 10% though.
We're at 7.5%, but we are about to overtake Mississippi with our implementation of Common Core.

Offline TwobizE2P

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: December 25, 2015, 08:04:26 PM »

We're at 7.5%, but we are about to overtake Mississippi with our implementation of Common Core.

:crossfingers:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: December 25, 2015, 10:50:23 PM »

Why were you taking your blood pressure during the game?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: December 25, 2015, 11:18:21 PM »

It comes free with the dopamine check.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: December 26, 2015, 10:47:05 AM »
Just watching the big game, monitoring my bp

Offline The Hipster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: December 26, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »

clearly your nose cannot sniff out hyperbole...the point was, I was never worried...KSU didn't have the bullets to beat that particular Arkansas team...and the only way you stay close this year is our head coach and our receivers coach was mentored by the best thing KSU has going for it, Coach Snyder...Bielema has a tremendous amount of respect for LHC Bill Snyder and may call off the dogs in the second half out of CBB's admiration for Snyder

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #5095 on: December 26, 2015, 01:31:41 PM »
It's an exhibition football game. Of course we didn't have bullets. What the hell goes on in Arkansas?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: December 26, 2015, 01:39:21 PM »
Dude was checking his heart rate while watching an exhibition game

Offline The Hipster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: December 26, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »
All of the games are exhibitions based on your definition. And why do you care ?  Yet another person on this board who cannot recognize hyperbole if it smacked them upside the head.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: December 26, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »
All of the games are exhibitions based on your definition. And why do you care ?  Yet another person on this board who cannot recognize hyperbole if it smacked them upside the head.

Playoffs aren't because lead to a championship.  Not that Arky knows anything about that word.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: December 26, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »

The thing is, I just can't remember a time that I've ever checked my heart rate or blood pressure during a football game. And I certainly did not record and memorize what they were to recount 4 years later.