Author Topic: Paul Rhoads  (Read 11133 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Rhoads
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:

man, one misstep in this place and you're out on the street sweeping near the dumpster with Haverhill

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »
:horrorsurprise:

man, one misstep in this place and you're out on the street sweeping near the dumpster with Haverhill

and the worst part?   My kid left a door in the basement open & the rain water got some of my carpet wet....   Guys....   I think I have the clones.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 09:55:51 PM »
It is amazing how there is this unchallenged consensus among media, coaches, ISU fans and fans of most other schools that Paul Rhodes is a good coach.  With Sadler a good bit of it is sarcastic with other fans and some media members, but that is not the case at all with Rhodes.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »
Wins 3 confy games, beats some teams he shouldn't, gives weird ass pep talks.  Roads is basically white Ron Prince.  Wonder if he makes commits do their best impersonation of a tornado.  Or that weird bird thing.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »
Wins 3 confy games, beats some teams he shouldn't, gives weird ass pep talks.  Roads is basically white Ron Prince.  Wonder if he makes commits do their best impersonation of a tornado.  Or that weird bird thing.

hmmmm.  and everyone loves him and he's not on the hot seat at all.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 10:08:44 PM »

ISU fans would have loved Prince.  He'd be working on his 3rd contract there.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »
Is there a worse fb-bb combo than rhoads-hoiberg? I doubt it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »
garbage coach deserves the flooded out school he is at.   LOL at everything in aymes. We own them

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 10:16:06 PM »

ISU fans would have loved Prince.  He'd be working on his 3rd contract there.

pretty sure they wouldn't offer. the constant flooding and all..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 10:18:45 PM »
"This is the No. 11 team in the BCS," Rhoads said, "and with 1:07 to go, we're driving down to tie the game and send it into overtime."

No doubt in my mind that he would've gone for 2.

What did he say after that?   Coaches who think like that, and get a sense of pride out of things like that are losers who will NEVER take their programs anywhere.

"Hey guys, we're gonna put a big ol trophy in the trophy case and a banner up because were were driving for the tying score against the #11 team in the Country"

That's pure Tuck.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 10:20:59 PM »
"This is the No. 11 team in the BCS," Rhoads said, "and with 1:07 to go, we're driving down to tie the game and send it into overtime."

What did he say after that?   Coaches who think like that, and get a sense of pride out of things like that are losers who will NEVER take their programs anywhere.

"Hey guys, we're gonna put a big ol trophy in the trophy case and a banner up because were were driving for the tying score against the #11 team in the Country"

That's pure Tuck.

Supposed to snow a lot up north this year, they have bigger stuff to worry about.  :floodingentireuglycampus:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »
I will give Snyder credit, he's beatin the hell out of a lot of other coaches and left them utterly perplexed as to how they ever lost the game.

When I read Rhoads comments I just think of Snyder I and guys like Pat Jones, and Glen Mason, and others standing there with a "how the hell did we lose" look on their face multiple years in a row, and all of those guys were nothing but mediocrity wearing a headset.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 10:40:20 PM »
Guys, you're missing a very important fact... we need to have coaches just like Rhoads in the conference.  Much easier to beat these chumps with these types of coaches and makes the round robin much easier.  We should hope "I'm 40, I'm a Man" gets a new gid and gets the eff out of our conference.  Just look at those losers at TT, can't win a game and are now an easy win in our schedule.  Mack may retire soon.  Only rough ridin' thorn in our side is that rough ridin' turd licking Bob Stoops and his band of cheaters.  Hopefully, after we kick their ass next year they may be calling for big Bob's head.  Next year will be the firm start of conference domination, if that turd at TCU don't become the new big Bob (GP) and start causing problems.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 10:48:41 PM »
Agreed . . . more "Well we were driving for the tying score" coaches.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »
Agreed . . . more "Well we were driving for the tying score" coaches.

:cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »
His celebrations after any good play are an embarrassment to the game.  His coaching style isn't gutsy, it's reckless, and it will catch up with him.  I almost expect him to say they were attempting to be "bold and daring" with their fake punt.  

That being said he is absolutely perfect for floodaggie

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 11:00:19 PM »
Half his team is white & from Iowa; It's amazing he wins any games.   I would LOVE to have Rhoads in Manhattan if he could find a good recruiting coach to get some actual athletic kids in his program.

No.

a rare _FAN PI sighting :sdeek:

He's been doing that lately. TI'ing, too.

Would be great if he _fan framed it.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline cyphilis

• Taco Walk'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2011, 12:28:11 AM »
Why does everyone think he is a good coach? They went 3-6 in conf this year. Is it because of that one speech he made?

he has crap teams, but crap teams that overachieve and win games they shouldn't.  The ones listed today: @NU, @UT, vs #2OSU.  Huge wins for that shitty program. 

I find this hilarious. One good season in a decade and KSU fans think the program is something special. Without LHC Bill Snyder (who is on deaths doorstep) KSU is back to the bottom of the B12 (see: Ron Prince). Be cocky now, enjoy it, but realize it will never last.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 12:31:45 AM »
Why does everyone think he is a good coach? They went 3-6 in conf this year. Is it because of that one speech he made?

he has crap teams, but crap teams that overachieve and win games they shouldn't.  The ones listed today: @NU, @UT, vs #2OSU.  Huge wins for that shitty program. 

I find this hilarious. One good season in a decade and KSU fans think the program is something special. Without LHC LHC Bill Snyder (who is on deaths doorstep) KSU is back to the bottom of the B12 (see: Ron Prince). Be cocky now, enjoy it, but realize it will never last.

Paul Rhodes: 18-19 in 3 seasons, 9-16 in Big 12 games.
Ron Prince: 17-20 in 3 seasons, 9-15 in Big 12 games.

Yep.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 12:34:01 AM »

I find this hilarious. One good season in a decade and KSU fans think the program is something special. Without LHC LHC Bill Snyder (who is on deaths doorstep) KSU is back to the bottom of the B12 (see: Ron Prince). Be cocky now, enjoy it, but realize it will never last.

Paul Rhodes: 18-19 in 3 seasons, 9-16 in Big 12 games.
Ron Prince: 17-20 in 3 seasons, 9-15 in Big 12 games.

Yep.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 12:35:49 AM »
Death's Door?  LHCBS looked pretty healthy today while he was scheming Roads up the ass all game.

Offline cyphilis

• Taco Walk'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
Death's Door?  LHCBS looked pretty healthy today while he was scheming Roads up the ass all game.

One more day of standing in a strong wind and that son of bitch will turn in to dust.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 02:19:10 AM »

I find this hilarious. One good season in a decade and KSU fans think the program is something special. Without LHC Bill Snyder (who is on deaths doorstep) KSU is back to the bottom of the B12 (see: Ron Prince). Be cocky now, enjoy it, but realize it will never last.

Crazy how LHC Bill Snyder gets under everyone's skin. Amazing at trolling.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 02:23:08 AM »

Crazy how LHC Bill Snyder gets under everyone's skin. Amazing at trolling.

Grown men just don't appreciate Pinnochio.  :dunno:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 03:07:43 AM »

What did he say after that?   Coaches who think like that, and get a sense of pride out of things like that are losers who will NEVER take their programs anywhere.

That's pure Tuck.

Hey Rhoads, What's another word for a Moral Victory?

A loss.

Bitch