Author Topic: Pac Championship  (Read 2561 times)

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Pac Championship
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »
:flush:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Pac Championship
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:29:23 PM »
:lol:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 07:30:42 PM »
I mean, Fox paid 100 billion for this?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:53:27 PM »
Autzen looks nice.  AE COM did that one, so it gives me hope that our stadium renovation has some potential.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »
Championship games at someone's home field seems very, very small timey.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »

I like it, gives a reward to the higher seeded team and it's more fun to watch games at college stadiums than NFL stadiums.  Plus there's not a good central location for the Pac 12.  Atlanta works perfect for the SEC, Dallas and KC were both great for the Big 12.  But all the good Pac 12 sites would give a homefield advantage to certain schools (San Diego, Seattle, Bay Area, Phoenix, Denver) and would be very fair from most of the conference.  If Las Vegas/UNLV had a 65K+ seat stadium that would be the best fit for the Pac 12 CCG.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »

I like it, gives a reward to the higher seeded team and it's more fun to watch games at college stadiums than NFL stadiums.  Plus there's not a good central location for the Pac 12.  Atlanta works perfect for the SEC, Dallas and KC were both great for the Big 12.  But all the good Pac 12 sites would give a homefield advantage to certain schools (San Diego, Seattle, Bay Area, Phoenix, Denver) and would be very fair from most of the conference.  If Las Vegas/UNLV had a 65K+ seat stadium that would be the best fit for the Pac 12 CCG.

So the Big XII champ games K-State was in had worse atmospheres than a one sided crowd?  :lol:  Also, how is KC and Dallas "central locations" and San Francisco wouldn't be?  Basically I'm calling you stupid.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:35 PM »

So the Big XII champ games K-State was in had worse atmospheres than a one sided crowd?  :lol:  Also, how is KC and Dallas "central locations" and San Francisco wouldn't be?  Basically I'm calling you stupid.
Should put it in vegas.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 08:51:01 PM »

I like it, gives a reward to the higher seeded team and it's more fun to watch games at college stadiums than NFL stadiums.  Plus there's not a good central location for the Pac 12.  Atlanta works perfect for the SEC, Dallas and KC were both great for the Big 12.  But all the good Pac 12 sites would give a homefield advantage to certain schools (San Diego, Seattle, Bay Area, Phoenix, Denver) and would be very far from most of the conference.  If Las Vegas/UNLV had a 65K+ seat stadium that would be the best fit for the Pac 12 CCG.

fyp, and you underestimate how ungodly far it is up and down the west coast. Flight times between the edges of the conference are all pretty similar save Seattle. KC and Dallas not that central. Either rotate between the 5 NFL metros in the PAC or play on a home field. I like the latter. Also San Diego does not have a team in the PAC, fyi.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »

I'm not saying Big 12 CCGs had bad atmospheres, I just prefer the atmosphere of a college stadium (especially a place like Autzen) over Jerry World and Arrowhead.  KC was in the middle of the North division, Dallas was in the middle of the South division.  The Pac 12 is a lot more spread out.  SF would be the closest to being in the middle of the conference but it's not really driving distance from Seattle or Boulder or Tucson.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 08:58:41 PM »

I like it, gives a reward to the higher seeded team and it's more fun to watch games at college stadiums than NFL stadiums.  Plus there's not a good central location for the Pac 12.  Atlanta works perfect for the SEC, Dallas and KC were both great for the Big 12.  But all the good Pac 12 sites would give a homefield advantage to certain schools (San Diego, Seattle, Bay Area, Phoenix, Denver) and would be very far from most of the conference.  If Las Vegas/UNLV had a 65K+ seat stadium that would be the best fit for the Pac 12 CCG.

fyp, and you underestimate how ungodly far it is up and down the west coast. Flight times between the edges of the conference are all pretty similar save Seattle. KC and Dallas not that central. Either rotate between the 5 NFL metros in the PAC or play on a home field. I like the latter. Also San Diego does not have a team in the PAC, fyi.

I know how far it is up and down the West Coast, I'm from California and made the I5 drive before.  I know that San Diego has no P12 team but if USC or UCLA were in the CCG it would be about as neutral as playing the game at a homefield, so they might as well just do that instead.  Another reason I like homefield CCG in the Pac 12 is that it guarantees a sellout.  If this game was being played in Seattle or Las Vegas or SF there would be about 30K people there.  It would look like the ACC CCG.  Pac 12 teams wouldn't sell out neutral site CCGs unless it was a top 10 matchup or USC was in it.

Sorry about the typo.  I was a middle school spelling bee champion and meant to say far, not fair.  That was an uncharacteristic mistake.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:01:47 PM by Shacks »

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »
MAC championship much more interesting.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »

I like it, gives a reward to the higher seeded team and it's more fun to watch games at college stadiums than NFL stadiums.  Plus there's not a good central location for the Pac 12.  Atlanta works perfect for the SEC, Dallas and KC were both great for the Big 12.  But all the good Pac 12 sites would give a homefield advantage to certain schools (San Diego, Seattle, Bay Area, Phoenix, Denver) and would be very far from most of the conference.  If Las Vegas/UNLV had a 65K+ seat stadium that would be the best fit for the Pac 12 CCG.

I know how far it is up and down the West Coast, I'm from California and made the I5 drive before.  I know that San Diego has no P12 team but if USC or UCLA were in the CCG it would be about as neutral as playing the game at a homefield, so they might as well just do that instead.  Another reason I like homefield CCG in the Pac 12 is that it guarantees a sellout.  If this game was being played in Seattle or Las Vegas or SF there would be about 30K people there.  It would look like the ACC CCG.  Pac 12 teams wouldn't sell out neutral site CCGs unless it was a top 10 matchup or USC was in it.

Sorry about the typo.  I was a middle school spelling bee champion and meant to say far, not fair.  That was an uncharacteristic mistake.

:facepalm:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 09:11:12 PM »

Future KU coach, Dave Doren, is doing well tonight in bringing his team back.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »

Future KU coach, Dave Doren, is doing well tonight in bringing his team back.

Goodness, enough with the Dave Doren stuff already.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 09:18:34 PM »
:lol: at Solich blowing this.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »
Did Frank Solich just blow a 20-0 lead in the 2nd half?  :surprised:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »
Keep icing him Frank.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 09:29:54 PM »
Kick looked wide
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »
Gus Johnson makes this game fun to watch even with an 18 point differential
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 09:52:31 PM »
Should have let USC in it for entertainment purposes. Just give Oregon the trophy regardless. Imagine Oregon losing and still getting the trophy presentation  :lol:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
Should have let USC in it for entertainment purposes. Just give Oregon the trophy regardless. Imagine Oregon losing and still getting the trophy presentation  :lol:

They should have had a special rule for this season saying that if the South representative sucked ass, then the game would be between the #1 and #2 overall Pac 12 teams.  Oregon/Stanford rematch >>>>>>>> Oregon/UCLA curbstomping.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Pac Championship
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 10:38:29 PM »
man, was that what the dr pepper used to look like to outsiders when the cats weren't filling the ucla spot? :sdeek:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 10:43:23 PM »
Meaningless TD, but  :horrorsurprise:

Offline BBF$$Kat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 10:48:36 PM »
Meaningless TD, but  :horrorsurprise: