Author Topic: If there's anything this country needs, it's more child labor  (Read 7153 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If there's anything this country needs, it's more child labor
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: If there's anything this country needs, it's more child labor
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »
He has a point. Some of the kids grow up without any work ethic because nobody in their families has ever had a legal job. They learn how to game the system and nothing else. All he is saying is they should be allowed to work if they want at designated places, not sweat shops.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
He has a point. Some of the kids grow up without any work ethic because nobody in their families has ever had a legal job. They learn how to game the system and nothing else. All he is saying is they should be allowed to work if they want at designated places, not sweat shops.

Some kids have wealthy parents who go to work every day, yet they also have no work ethic.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »

Some kids have wealthy parents who go to work every day, yet they also have no work ethic.

You got that right. Bad parenting knows no income level. But, kids should be able to work if they like and should never be limited at this time, in this country.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »

You got that right. Bad parenting knows no income level. But, kids should be able to work if they like and should never be limited at this time, in this country.

You have to be 14 to work in this country. Do you really think kids younger than that should be going out and getting jobs? What kind of jobs do you think they are going to find?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 04:42:48 PM »

You have to be 14 to work in this country. Do you really think kids younger than that should be going out and getting jobs? What kind of jobs do you think they are going to find?

Its not necessarily about a kid going out and looking for a job, although it could happen. Its more about inner city volunteers or businesses taking kids off the streets by offering them part time work to build self worth and learn what its about to work for money rather than sit on the couch eating walking tacos and waiting for the welfare check. Local grocery stores could have them bag groceries, gather carts, push a dust mop, stock shelves, etc. Car dealers could have them wash cars. They could deliver afternoon papers or Penny Saver type papers. Whatever. I realize many of the jobs I mentioned are now union jobs with huge bennies, but there are still plenty of independent businesses that could work with the poor kids to break the welfare cycle the democrats are trying to keep alive.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »

Its not necessarily about a kid going out and looking for a job, although it could happen. Its more about inner city volunteers or businesses taking kids off the streets by offering them part time work to build self worth and learn what its about to work for money rather than sit on the couch eating walking tacos and waiting for the welfare check. Local grocery stores could have them bag groceries, gather carts, push a dust mop, stock shelves, etc. Car dealers could have them wash cars. They could deliver afternoon papers or Penny Saver type papers. Whatever. I realize many of the jobs I mentioned are now union jobs with huge bennies, but there are still plenty of independent businesses that could work with the poor kids to break the welfare cycle the democrats are trying to keep alive.

Those sound like jobs that high schoolers work. :dunno: What do you propose should be the minimum age to work in America?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »

Those sound like jobs that high schoolers work. :dunno: What do you propose should be the minimum age to work in America?

Why do you need a minimum? If a kid wants to work, the parents think the job is OK, and the employer is willing to pay them minimum wage, it really shouldn't matter as long as they are still going to school.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 07:30:25 PM »
PROGRESS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 11:55:01 PM »
Uh oh, the AFSCME is getting involved. :ohno:

The janitors are afraid of 9 year olds taking their jobs. :lol:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:57:05 PM by Nuts Kicked »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 02:25:47 AM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 02:40:10 AM »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »

Anyone else surprised the left is taking this completely out of context and misrepresenting what was actually said?  Didn't think so.

Stop being so rough ridin' ridiculous please.  k thx
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 09:15:32 AM »

Anyone else surprised the left is taking this completely out of context and misrepresenting what was actually said?  Didn't think so.

stating that child labor laws are "truly stupid" opens you up to such criticism.  what confounds me is that the same party that is saying that we could provide opportunity and life lessons to young impoverished people by allowing them to push a mop is actively seeking to change the school finance structure to ensure that they receive a less than equitable education.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 07:22:22 PM »

stating that child labor laws are "truly stupid" opens you up to such criticism.  what confounds me is that the same party that is saying that we could provide opportunity and life lessons to young impoverished people by allowing them to push a mop is actively seeking to change the school finance structure to ensure that they receive a less than equitable education.

and I'm sure you actually believe all of that

WTF does "less than equitable education" even mean.  Is there like a super democrat marketing team somewhere that invents these ridiculous talking points and then distributes them vis a vis a call tree or something?

Unadulterated lying is like breathing to the left.  Absolutely no sense of reality, whatever fits the agenda at that moment in time.  Psychopaths.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 12:28:14 PM »

and I'm sure you actually believe all of that

WTF does "less than equitable education" even mean.  Is there like a super democrat marketing team somewhere that invents these ridiculous talking points and then distributes them vis a vis a call tree or something?

Unadulterated lying is like breathing to the left.  Absolutely no sense of reality, whatever fits the agenda at that moment in time.  Psychopaths.

Great post as usual Brad!

it means when i worked in KC kids at Turner didn't have enought textbooks for a class set and kids in Olathe had a laptop for each student

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
I see, so when Newt suggested that there might be some benefit to schools and businesses being able to give after-school jobs to children to help promote the value of working for a wage... that means he wants sweat shops.

Aren't these the same liberals who want to pay children just to attend class (to get their free education)? But they can't be paid to push a mop or shelve library books after class?

Maybe Ann Coulter really is right, liberalism is a mental disorder.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 01:44:03 PM »
I see, so when Newt suggested that there might be some benefit to schools and businesses being able to give after-school jobs to children to help promote the value of working for a wage... that means he wants sweat shops.

Aren't these the same liberals who want to pay children just to attend class (to get their free education)? But they can't be paid to push a mop or shelve library books after class?

Who wants to pay children to go to class? Where did you see that?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 02:14:42 PM »

Just Google it. Here is one example. among others:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1076550

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 02:38:44 PM »

Just Google it. Here is one example. among others:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1076550

Well, that's just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). It's not as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) as wanting to allow children to get exploited for lower wages, but it's still Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »

Just Google it. Here is one example. among others:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1076550

Well, that's just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). It's not as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) as wanting to allow children to get exploited for lower wages, but it's still Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

See, there you go again with this "exploited" bullshit. How is paying a child to clean up the cafateria or shelve library books after class exploitation? You're being stupid.

If you pay a child an allowance for doing chores, is that exploitation?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:54:02 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »