Author Topic: lovely thread on WSU board  (Read 4429 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lovely thread on WSU board
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: lovely thread on WSU board
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:07:21 PM »
kansascitysportsfan is such a treasure, maybe he will post here now that mu is gone

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »
An absolute treasure for sure.  I do legitimately love Baby Tears though, that right there is some good trollin'.   :lynchmob:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
hobbesj and WCHusker.

Best phog.net gem writers since Jayhox.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 10:49:17 PM »
We don't all have scout  :facepalm:

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 10:54:51 PM »

You premium? All of us primo members have an account now courtesy of fanning  :excited:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »

You premium? All of us primo members have an account now courtesy of fanning  :excited:

I gots to get me some of that premium action.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 11:05:01 PM »
The layout of that bbs.

:sdeek:

Great thread though.  Big KCSF fan.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 11:10:15 PM »
Quote from: flatland coug
    I mentioned to my co-workers that people were talking up the KU facilities and he gave a big old belly laugh.  He said that the Anderson Family Complex is nice but it really isn't anything special and is really geared towards the coaches (not that it hurts their drive to get Leach).  Our football only facility will be just as nice (if not nicer) and will be built pretty damned fast if we get some wins.  KU Memorial Stadium is an old wreck of a stadium.  We're spending more than twice as much on our pressbox as they spent on new turf, locker rooms, pressbox, concourses, video boards and lighting.  And those are all 10+ years old now.

KU is spending $2 million per annum on Gill for the next three years, plus an undisclosed amount to Mangino, which will probably end soon but it is going to make it difficult for KU to outbid someone.  The other issue at KU is that they've already shown that wins are important and they will fire a guy after two years.  WSU has given Wulff four years and is making sure that they want to make a move.

The departure of Nebraska, Colorado and A&M might have helped KU's Texas recruiting, but the reality is that the Jayhawks still fall behind Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and a host of other schools in line for talent down there.  TCU is going to have an advantage soon.  In football, they are already the #2 choice in Kansas behind K-State and there isn't much FBS talent there (here).  They have a good location and a good school, but KU basketball creates expectations of success that are difficult to match.  It is not a job for the faint of heart.

Quote from: kansascitysportsfan
KU never has and never will play second fiddle to K-State in anything in the state of KS.

KU has about a 60/40 split or better over ksu in the state of KS. And KU is the undisputed king in the KC metro area as far as fan support.

And for the record, In the State of KS, everything plays second fiddle to KU basketball, not just KU football, but ksu football/basketball, Wichita State and everything else.

KU has poured lots of money into the football program since the BCS bowl win back in 2007 and is serious about having a winning football program. The fans sold out every game at memorial for a 3-year stretch at the time when KU football was successful. The days of not caring about anything other than basketball at KU are over. When KU hires the right guy for football the fans will show up, and the whole state will get behind the football program. Kansas is a Jayhawk state first and foremost. KSU has always played second fiddle to KU even when they were winning in the 90's with Synder. They had a few bandwagoners jump on but most of those bandwagoners were life long KU basketball fans that jumped back on the KU wagon in both sports in KU's 2007 Orange Bowl season. KU wants to and will eventually have a winning football program. Thats what Zenger the new AD and a football first guy was brought in for to focus on making KU football a priority.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »
You can't buy bullshit that good.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 11:15:58 PM »
KU never has and never will play second fiddle to K-State in anything in the state of KS.

KU has about a 60/40 split or better over ksu in the state of KS. And KU is the undisputed king in the KC metro area as far as fan support.

And for the record, In the State of KS, everything plays second fiddle to KU basketball, not just KU football, but ksu football/basketball, Wichita State and everything else.

KU has poured lots of money into the football program since the BCS bowl win back in 2007 and is serious about having a winning football program. The fans sold out every game at memorial for a 3-year stretch at the time when KU football was successful. The days of not caring about anything other than basketball at KU are over. When KU hires the right guy for football the fans will show up, and the whole state will get behind the football program. Kansas is a Jayhawk state first and foremost. KSU has always played second fiddle to KU even when they were winning in the 90's with Synder. They had a few bandwagoners jump on but most of those bandwagoners were life long KU basketball fans that jumped back on the KU wagon in both sports in KU's 2007 Orange Bowl season. KU wants to and will eventually have a winning football program. Thats what Zenger the new AD and a football first guy was brought in for to focus on making KU football a priority.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »
I feel that if somebody went through all of KCSF's posts, roughly 95% of them have to do with comparing K-State and KU's presence in the the state and KC metro. He needs another talking point.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »

And that is how bolding the best part of a quote should be done. Well executed.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »
I feel that if somebody went through all of KCSF's posts, roughly 95% of them have to do with comparing K-State and KU's presence in the the state and KC metro. He needs another talking point.

If you pick one good talking point and beat the Hell out of it, maybe someone might believe it, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 11:25:43 PM »

If you pick one good talking point and beat the Hell out of it, maybe someone might believe it, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Even much of the phog thinks he's a delusional rambling compulsive idiot. THE PHOG

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »
I think he's delightful.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 12:46:48 AM »
oh man, if aliens came to earth and wanted to know what ku fans were like, I would give them that post and that sentence bolded

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 01:40:18 AM »
I'm very happy you posted that link.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 06:58:56 AM »
i'm very smitten with FlatlandCoug.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 07:35:11 AM »
butthurt at its best

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 07:42:22 AM »

THIS IS WHAT ku FANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE!
RIP Fatty

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 08:14:55 AM »

THIS IS WHAT ku FANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE!

THANK YOu STORMNUT!

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »
i'm very smitten with FlatlandCoug.

You shouldn't be. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 08:29:43 AM »
whenever i see that kansascitysportsfan posted in a thread, i always stop and read it. he's a pro bbs'er. only wish i can get on his level at some point.