Author Topic: Whoever told me to invest in solar!  (Read 4776 times)

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Whoever told me to invest in solar!
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:57:03 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever told me to invest in solar!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »
"Green jobs this, Green jobs that!!"

:flush:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
Damnit Beems  :shakesfist:

like i invested in anything Beems suggested

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
Just another example of government intervention in the business sector. As long as they keep pumping tax dollars into the solar business, there will be less incentive for the innovation that's needed to make solar viable.

The Energy and EPA departments next move will be to make all other forms of energy much more expensive, then say "Look, solar is now a viable replacement!". It will kill thousands of jobs and businesses along the way. If you just leave it alone, solar will eventually become viable on its own without ruining the economy. But this is Obama, and "We Can't Wait".

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »
 :jeffy:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »
:jeffy:

Its already happening in California, LickNecky, and Obama thinks California is the model of success, with only 12% unemployment and 5 businesses per week leaving the state.   :frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »
housing bubble caused waaaaaaaaay more cali problems than solar. (government also helped create housing bubble, not sure why people don't whine about that more.)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 05:06:20 PM »
banks generating bad loans, which they knew were toxic, created more of the issues than government policy imho

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 05:09:47 PM »
banks generating bad loans, which they knew were toxic, created more of the issues than government policy imho

I was referring primarily to the California example, but demand for bad/toxic loans is increased by tax breaks on mortgage interest. Also, higher rates of home ownership (created by gov't intervention) decrease workforce mobility.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »

^ This was government policy. ^

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »
housing bubble caused waaaaaaaaay more cali problems than solar. (government also helped create housing bubble, not sure why people don't whine about that more.)

I was referring to Cap & Trade that is now being implemented in the state which will, in Obama's own words, necessarily make energy prices skyrocket.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 05:42:57 PM »

I was referring to Cap & Trade that is now being implemented in the state which will, in Obama's own words, necessarily make energy prices skyrocket.

housing bubble blows any policy act out of the water.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »
Plus that damn private banking cartel that gets to set interest rates instead of letting the market set them on its own  :shakesfist:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »

True. It just seems like dumping something as harmful as this is really shitty with the way the economy is right now. It is really going to hurt the poor the most, and I know they are doing it simply to make alternative fuel look more viable. We already have the most stringent pollution standards in the world.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »

^ This was government policy. ^

Yes, Fannie and Freddie had $5 Trillion of these toxic mortgages on their books in 2009.  The Fed Govt. was a primary source of the cash flow funding the shitty loans to stupid/shitty people.

Saying it was entirely the banks fault is like blaming the plumber for a toilet overflowing because he installed too small of a pipe, meanwhile the government shoved bath towels down the head and the consumer flushed it a thousand times so they could take a crap.    They're all at fault, but the government and consumer are getting a free pass on this one (maybe if W was still pres the govt would get more blame).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 08:25:57 PM »

True. It just seems like dumping something as harmful as this is really shitty with the way the economy is right now. It is really going to hurt the poor the most, and I know they are doing it simply to make alternative fuel look more viable. We already have the most stringent pollution standards in the world.

Government policy such as this always indirectly effects the poor the most.  Just like wages, taxes and regulatory costs trickle down to the lowest common denominator.  This isn't a secret to anyone other than the left and the misinformed (which includes the entire left).

I challenge anyone to think of one social engineering or redistributive policy project that didn't fist eff the poorest people in the ass the most. 

Mortgage Interest - no, can't afford a house, billions less in tax revenue for welfare
Sales Tax - no discretionary income
Property Tax - passed right along with rent
Cap and Trade - already can't afford electric bill
Marriage Filing - pffft, don't pay income taxes
Foreign War - military is the only good job a poor person can get, now they actually have to fight
Social Security and Medicare - pfffft, flat tax of 7.45% on all earnings in exchange for health care they get at the emergency room and clinics anyways and a retirement plan that would make you poorer than poor people.
Child Tax Credit - $1000 bucks per kid every April v. the cost of a kid everyday

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »

Government policy such as this always indirectly effects the poor the most.  Just like wages, taxes and regulatory costs trickle down to the lowest common denominator.  This isn't a secret to anyone other than the left and the misinformed (which includes the entire left).

I challenge anyone to think of one social engineering or redistributive policy project that didn't fist eff the poorest people in the ass the most. 

Mortgage Interest - no, can't afford a house, billions less in tax revenue for welfare
Foreign War - military is the only good job a poor person can get, now they actually have to fight
Social Security and Medicare - pfffft, flat tax of 7.45% on all earnings in exchange for health care they get at the emergency room and clinics anyways and a retirement plan that would make you poorer than poor people.
Child Tax Credit - $1000 bucks per kid every April v. the cost of a kid everyday

Maybe that's why most economic policies aren't aimed at the dirt poor, but rather the middle. Of course it would help if there were still a middle to direct policy toward.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 10:18:12 PM »

Maybe that's why most economic policies aren't aimed at the dirt poor, but rather the middle. Of course it would help if there were still a middle to direct policy toward.

it trickles through the middle on the way to the bottom, it effects everyone, just those that can least afford it are effected the most.  Eventually the poor has nothing left and the middle starts getting the shaft.  This is where we are.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 11:22:05 AM »

Income Tax???

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »

Income Tax???

The bottom 47% of workers do not end up paying income tax, and many of those 47% actually receive refunds for more than was withheld from their paycheck in the form of EIC and child credits.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »

Income Tax???

The bottom 47% of workers do not end up paying income tax, and many of those 47% actually receive refunds for more than was withheld from their paycheck in the form of EIC and child credits.

The bottom 47% of workers make next to nothing. Taxing them wouldn't really generate much revenue. It would just make their lives even shittier.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 12:18:46 PM »
"I challenge anyone to think of one social engineering or redistributive policy project that didn't fist eff the poorest people in the ass the most." 

"The bottom 47% of workers do not end up paying income tax, and many of those 47% actually receive refunds for more than was withheld from their paycheck in the form of EIC and child credits."

I win    :excited:

and i didn't use the quote function

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
"I challenge anyone to think of one social engineering or redistributive policy project that didn't fist eff the poorest people in the ass the most." 

"The bottom 47% of workers do not end up paying income tax, and many of those 47% actually receive refunds for more than was withheld from their paycheck in the form of EIC and child credits."

I win    :excited:

and i didn't use the quote function

Yes, since income taxes are now only for the above average American citizen, you win. I hope someday you will be able to pay income taxes.  :crossfingers: