Author Topic: "abuse u"  (Read 7610 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"abuse u"
« on: November 28, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »
are those meth u jayhawks honestly going to fire a coach for abusing players and then turn around and hire a coach two years later that was fired from his last job for abusing players? someone please explain this to me.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Re: "abuse u"
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »
dollar signs

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:01:47 PM »
dollar signs

:confused:

you mean their fans will only support abusive coaches? why do they all want their players abused?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
highschool fball player- "hi. uhh yeah, can you tell me a little about your program.

ku athletic dept employee- "well. we've always been pretty bad but then we hired a coach that abused his players and got kind good and went to the orange bowl."

highschool fball player- "oh no. that sounds horrible. is he still the coach"

ku athletic dept employee- "oh no. too much of it got out so we had to fire him"

highschool fball player- "oh. well that's good i guess. who'd you hire then?"

ku athletic dept employee- "a super guy that everyone liked that who had a history of motivating and building programs"

highschool fball player- "oh sweet. that sounds great. i'm in"

ku athletic dept employee- "not so fast. we fired him after two years because he didn't win enough and then hired a guy that just got fired from a different university for abusing players"

highschool fball player- " :confused: "

ku athletic dept employee- "  :woot: "

higschool fball players- "  :frown: "

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:36:04 PM »
glass houses bro. glass houses.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
"if you can't beat opposing teams then at least hire a coach that will beat his own players" - ku fball

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »
Worked for them once will work for them again.

Sounds like our motto.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 04:43:18 PM »
Some people are always looking for a project.  Sure he is rough around the edges now, but KU can change them.

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »
Some people are always looking for a project.  Sure he is rough around the edges now, but KU can change them.

What they really wanted was an abusive coach that didn't look like pizza the hut. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
highschool fball player- "hi. uhh yeah, can you tell me a little about your program.

ku athletic dept employee- "well. we've always been pretty bad but then we hired a coach that abused his players and got kind good and went to the orange bowl."

highschool fball player- "oh no. that sounds horrible. is he still the coach"

ku athletic dept employee- "oh no. too much of it got out so we had to fire him"

highschool fball player- "oh. well that's good i guess. who'd you hire then?"

ku athletic dept employee- "a super guy that everyone liked that who had a history of motivating and building programs"

highschool fball player- "oh sweet. that sounds great. i'm in"

ku athletic dept employee- "not so fast. we fired him after two years because he didn't win enough and then hired a guy that just got fired from a different university for abusing players"

highschool fball player- " :confused: "

ku athletic dept employee- "  :woot: "

higschool fball players- "  :frown: "

ku athletic dept. employee - "but the new coach totally denies it in the book he is selling"

highschool fball players - " :dubious:"

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »
The smell of fear.  It resides on goEMAW.com.

:love:

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »

I like you beems, i really do - but really? KU pockets are THAT deep? They owe Turner 6M, they paid the fat man 3M and Sweet Lew several million on top of that - my man, that's a lot of cheddah and if you think the Pirate will come to Larry Town for less than 3M/yr, you are mistaken.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »

I like you beems, i really do - but really? KU pockets are THAT deep? They owe Turner 6M, they paid the fat man 3M and Sweet Lew several million on top of that - my man, that's a lot of cheddah and if you think the Pirate will come to Larry Town for less than 3M/yr, you are mistaken.

Pockets are fat after collecting exit fees from Nubb, Colorado, A&M, and Mizzou, and raking in all of the money from that new Big 12 TV contract. 

:kstategrad:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »
The smell of fear.  It resides on goEMAW.com.

Quit being a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), 3 million is absurd.  He'd coach for half that.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »

Quit being a respect, 3 million is absurd.  He'd coach for half that.

I've just raised the BS flag - Leach knows he has KU by the balls - dude knows they're willing to suck off a drifter for a successful FB program, The Pirate will earn more than Gill as he's proven he can compete AND win at a very high level; he'd coach at 1.5? You my friend are rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)...
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »
If KU hires Leach, there will be people lining up to pay for his contract.  Do you think we are struggling for cheddah?  Our athletic budget is around $70 million or so, and we've got the third-largest endowment in the Big 12 behind Texas and Texas A&M, and will have the 2nd-highest once Texas A&M leaves.  KU is also the 4th-most profitable basketball program in the country as well. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »

Quit being a respect, 3 million is absurd.  He'd coach for half that.

I've just raised the BS flag - Leach knows he has KU by the balls - dude knows they're willing to suck off a drifter for a successful FB program, The Pirate will earn more than Gill as he's proven he can compete AND win at a very high level; he'd coach at 1.5? You my friend are rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)...

Yep the coach fired for player abuse that never won his own conference that hasn't sniffed a legitimate BCS offer in two years is going to hold out for more than  money than Chip Kelly.  
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »
god damnit. why couldn't you assholes go and ruin someone else's thread?  :flush:

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
I think LHC Bill Snyder is secretly an bad person. all his assistants turned HC's are assholes. Leavitt, Mangino, Mike Stoops.
leavitt is the biggest bad person i know.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
If KU hires Leach, there will be people lining up to pay for his contract.  Do you think we are struggling for cheddah?  Our athletic budget is around $70 million or so, and we've got the third-largest endowment in the Big 12 behind Texas and Texas A&M, and will have the 2nd-highest once Texas A&M leaves.  KU is also the 4th-most profitable basketball program in the country as well. 

yet your athletic department is 60 mill in debt.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
I'd want KSU to swipe the credit card if we had to to get Leach..and it'll be on his terms if he goes to KU.

Huggins came to our school and basically handed Wefald the take it or leave it contract.

Leach will gun for at least making 2.5 mil a year with bonuses.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 07:55:39 PM »

Most of that debt is long-term debt that will be paid over the course of 5-10 years.  For a program bringing in around $70 million a year or so, that's nothing. 

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 08:02:45 PM »

Most of that debt is long-term debt that will be paid over the course of 5-10 years.  For a program bringing in around $70 million a year or so, that's nothing. 
your stupid. you bring in 70 mill in revenue, but that doesnt account for your expenses. which lets just say you spend 60 mill a year, then you dont have that much money.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 08:07:16 PM »
are those meth u jayhawks honestly going to fire a coach for abusing players and then turn around and hire a coach two years later that was fired from his last job for abusing players? someone please explain this to me.

This brings us back to the question you asked earlier in the season: Should KU drop football altogether? And at what point does Kansas Legislature step in? If they were debating it before, you'd have to think that hiring another abusive head coach only 2 years removed from the Mangino debacle would tip the scales in that direction.