Author Topic: Urban Meyer  (Read 6088 times)

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
Urban Meyer
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:23:25 PM »
anyone else though of him as the next wildcat headcoach maybe? hes already in love with snyder and could probably be persauded by ole bill. he loves the qb centered option run game which is what we're set up for.
I know he's being pursued by OSU (supposedly) but say they dont land him and hes on the block in two years when were coming off back to back 11 win seasons and possible Big 12 titles. pretty attractive job.
just a thought :lynchmob:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Meyer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:30:22 PM »
anyone else though of him as the next wildcat headcoach maybe? hes already in love with snyder and could probably be persauded by ole bill. he loves the qb centered option run game which is what we're set up for.
I know he's being pursued by OSU (supposedly) but say they dont land him and hes on the block in two years when were coming off back to back 11 win seasons and possible Big 12 titles. pretty attractive job.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »
I don't really...

I mean...it's...

What on...

eff   :facepalm:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

IF all of that happened. It would be an attractive job. I don't know if it would be attractive to him though. Urban in a RURAL area? Florida to Kansas? Does Urban have more health problems than Snyder currently? Stoops went KS to FLA. Stoops now sucks in big games. Maybe Urban comes here. That would be fun and exciting!!!! Bill goes out rocking ass, satisfying those that love the Snyds. Hot new young coach comes in satisfying the FYBS types.

Though, I don't remember Florida having 23097r4320843208 uni combinations. The FYBS crowd will be so torn.

Works for me.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »

Urban Meyer does adore LHC Bill Snyder. Which makes me think it's a possibility he comes to K-State once Snyder decides to hang it up. Like you said all the players already in the system would fit what he wants to do so it would basically be a smooth transition.  My only worry is that somebody snatches him up before Snyder decides to retire. Any chance he would come on as a coordinator/HCIW and learn from Snyder for a few years and then take over?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
I have heard Snyder might move to OC to make room for Urban.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:57:47 PM »
Does cost of living ever factor in when coaches decide where to take a job? I know we are in a small town, but some stuff is cheaper and you get to be God of the town. Has anyone ever heard of a successful coach taking a job for any of these reasons?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:01:34 PM »
close, Urban will be Sean's OC - book it

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:31 PM »
close, Urban will be Sean's OC - book it

Get real.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 11:28:23 PM »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 06:12:58 AM »
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
gainesville isnt HUGE. 115000. its defintely much bigger than Manhattan but isnt huge by any stretch. plus he was at Utah before. Which while bieng in salt lake, is a very rural state.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
gainesville isnt HUGE. 115000. its defintely much bigger than Manhattan but isnt huge by any stretch. plus he was at Utah before. Which while bieng in salt lake, is a very rural state.

Somebody be sure to take Urban out to Pillsbury Crossing on his visit here. Will make not having beaches and beautiful weather not hurt so bad.

Does cost of living ever factor in when coaches decide where to take a job? I know we are in a small town, but some stuff is cheaper and you get to be God of the town. Has anyone ever heard of a successful coach taking a job for any of these reasons?

Maybe if Manhattan had a Sam's Club in addition to Target the cost of living differential would be enough to seal the deal.

I hope somebody takes this and runs with it. Like the Pinstripe Bowl (from the Little Apple to the Big Apple) only in reverse. From Urban to Rural (Meyer). Maybe he would be willing to work as associate D-Line coach / HCIW for a couple of seasons to make sure he gets all of the life lessons OBz has for him.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 06:59:40 PM »
What do you guys think the odds are of us landing Joe Paterno???? I mean, I think he's available.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »
What do you guys think the odds are of us landing Joe Paterno???? I mean, I think he's available.

Yeah, let's hire the friend to pederasts.  :jerk:

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 12:53:24 PM »
 :dubious:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 01:17:59 PM »
Urban Meyer is an attention whore and a drama queen.

Yeah, I said it, eff you if you disagree.

Offline HawaiiCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 07:22:24 PM »

It's the second most urbanized state in the US (Nevada is #1).

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 07:34:07 PM »

:surprised:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 07:43:19 PM »
I like the HCIW idea. Would definitely go for that.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 08:08:50 PM »
Yeah, peeps don't live in the middle of deserts.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »

I think you need to cite sources for this. TIA

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »

It makes sense if that means the most percentage of the state population that lives in large metro area.  I mean, outside of the Vegas and Reno areas there are roughly 17 people in the state.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 09:47:25 PM »

It makes sense if that means the most percentage of the state population that lives in large metro area.  I mean, outside of the Vegas and Reno areas there are roughly 17 people in the state.

Yeah, that's how I understood it.  Nevada's mostly desert and outside of Salt Lake, Utah is mostly a bunch of people that would prolly murder and skullfuck any census worker that attempted to enter the "compound."
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »
Pretty sure I already explained it to retards...