Author Topic: 2-0 is two and o  (Read 16648 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 2-0 is two and o
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2011, 10:48:38 AM »
I personally like what is going on.  I enjoy watching these tryouts.  I also enjoy the crap out of conf ball under Frank.

Tryouts is a great way to put it. Long stretches with odd/bad lineups against shitty competition is a better use of those horrible games than playing the best possible lineup and winning by 50.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2011, 10:51:13 AM »
I would also like to say that I have really enjoyed the evolution of "Frank Apologists" throughout this thread.

Great work 'clams.

i love threads like these when i get to channel my inner-dax.  we all have one.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
Belvis Noland is a crap poster.  Seriously dude shut up about being entertained, no one gives a eff.  It sounds like your problem could be solved by keeping your whiny ass in Kansas City until February.  You not being entertained is your problem, no one elses.

Look, I get the internet tough guy meme.  But tough guy doesn't have to be synonomous with dumbass.  

My point is pretty simple.  And if you weren't being intentionally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), I think you'd probably get it.  I don't expect to win every game.  And I don't think that slow starts will ruin our post-season chances.  

I just think it's possible that we could be better prepared to play basketball in the non-con.  I think that in year 5 of Martin's program, we could and should be a bit more disciplined and fundamentally sound.  And I think a lot of that comes from the coach.    

If you don't want CSU to go on a 25-2 run going into halftime, maybe you should tweak the lineup or the offense.  Maybe a lineup of Jeremy Jones, Martavious Irving, Vic Ojeley, Omare Lawrence, and Thomas Gipson isn't a sensible combination.  

Again, I don't care if we win by 50 points or 5 points.  I just want to watch a good, entertaining game of basketball that is well-played on both ends of the floor.  And, yes, I consider up-tempo, aggressive JYC performances "well-played" basketball.  Just seems, IMO, that quality basketball is a foreign concept in too much of our non-con.  I don't think it has to be this way every year.  I think our teams can be better prepared to perform.  What will our excuse be next year, when we return the entire team?  

I'm absolutely not an internet tough guy, I'm praying you go to MOAP 2.5 where you will inevitably say something stupid and so I can tell you to your face how stupid it is.

You don't understand that Frank is sacrificing your November fun and joy for February success, it has happened literally every single year.  So either you are too dumb to understand, too selfish to spare us the unnecessary whining or both.  This extended temper tantrum you are throwing over a 2-0 basketball team that will play nearly 35 games is embarrassing.  You're talking about tweaking lineups and the such, what in the hell do you think he is using these games for?  Yes we look like crap, I'm stunned why anyone would think it matters at this point.  
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:56:14 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2011, 10:54:28 AM »
Belvis Noland is a crap poster.  Seriously dude shut up about being entertained, no one gives a eff.  It sounds like your problem could be solved by keeping your whiny ass in Kansas City until February.  You not being entertained is your problem, no one elses.

you absolutely cannot make posts like this. i get the minority "chip on shoulder" aspect of things, but man.

:lol:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »
I have no clue whose side i'm on.

brb, gonna go look up the word Apologist.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2011, 10:55:45 AM »
Yes we like crap, I'm stunned why anyone would think it matters at this point.  

OMG MiR likes crap!

gross.  MiR, really friggin gross.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2011, 10:57:07 AM »
Heck, I'm easy. I'm not going to jump off #teamfrank until he loses or destroys the program. But I'm a bad apologist to look at, I was on #teamwooly longer than 99% of K-State fans.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »
Yes we like crap, I'm stunned why anyone would think it matters at this point.  

OMG MiR likes crap!

gross.  MiR, really friggin gross.

You beat me by 29 seconds, if I weren't a remedial reader I would have been faster, don't be so mean Mr. clams.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2011, 10:59:04 AM »
I'm absolutely not an internet tough guy, I'm praying you go to MOAP 2.5 where you will inevitably say something stupid and so I can tell you to your face how stupid it is.

Do not want.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »
Heck, I'm easy. I'm not going to jump off #teamfrank until he loses or destroys the program. But I'm a bad apologist to look at, I was on #teamwooly longer than 99% of K-State fans.

Only because it's hard to pronounce FWN.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »

Tryouts is a great way to put it. Long stretches with odd/bad lineups against shitty competition is a better use of those horrible games than playing the best possible lineup and winning by 50.

Trying out new players is one thing.  Trotting out nonsensical lineups is another thing.  Like, for instance, a lineup with no point guard is kind of stupid no matter who the coach is.  

Anyway, I get that Frank is letting some of these dudes sink or swim, which I'm okay with.  

And, yeah, I know we aren't returning this entire roster.  We have a revolving door of JuCo guys.  Take a flyer on a JuCo guy.  if he pans out great.  if not, move him out.  Watson, Jones, and Lawrence are all on the fence.  If we need room for a good highschool recruit, Frank won't even blink an eye at cutting the JuCo guys.  Which, again, I'm fine with.  

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2011, 11:00:28 AM »
i remember seeing MIR at the OSU bball game in Stillwater and he was real life PI'ing some old broad.  

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2011, 11:01:09 AM »
i remember seeing MIR at the OSU bball game in Stillwater and he was real life PI'ing some old broad. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2011, 11:05:25 AM »
I have no clue whose side i'm on.

brb, gonna go look up the word Apologist.

Also look up contrarian and short-termed memory having dumbasses.

Did you know that people with Asperger's Syndrome frequently have the inability to see the big picture?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:07:17 AM by MakeItRain »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »

Trying out new players is one thing.  Trotting out nonsensical lineups is another thing.  Like, for instance, a lineup with no point guard is kind of stupid no matter who the coach is.  

Are you really so dense that you can't figure out why it might be a good idea to try out guys like Martavious and Jones at PG against a shitty team? Really?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »
During the year different packages will give us advantages at certain points in certain games.  There is no such thing as a nonsensical line up in the sporting world we all live in these days. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:40 PM »
frankologist:  it's ok to overreact to a bad early season football game but criticize being down +15 to charleston southern and generally having our hoops team looking like crap in november.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
frankologist:  it's ok to overreact to a bad early season football game but criticize being down +15 to charleston southern and generally having our hoops team looking like crap in november.
A loss in football is much more important than a loss in BBall.  Damnit, why am I even typing this?    How are you doing it to make us keep responding to you.  Damn.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »
 :alleyoop:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
A loss in football is much more important than a loss in BBall.  Damnit, why am I even typing this?    How are you doing it to make us keep responding to you.  Damn.

:takesbait:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »
I was on #teamwooly longer than 99% of K-State fans.

Yes you were, and it was very sad for all of us.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2011, 03:37:38 PM »
I'd also like to add, that I'm starting to think that Jeremy Jones might actually be decent for us.

As in much better than Martavius.  And I kinda like that.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »
I'd also like to add, that I'm starting to think that Jeremy Jones might actually be decent for us.

As in much better than Martavius.  And I kinda like that.

:sdeek:

Look, he may end up that way, but his upside doesn't reconcile his level of liability right now.  Tay's does.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2011, 03:39:29 PM »
what's jones weigh in at, 145 lbs?  ya, ol' Wal-Mart is going to get shoved around like a ragdoll when we get done playing against the sisters of the poor.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
what's jones weigh in at, 145 lbs?  ya, ol' Wal-Mart is going to get shoved around like a ragdoll when we get done playing against the sisters of the poor.

He's got good speed and he seems like he can shoot.  I like him.  So sue me.