Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 248472 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1325 on: July 12, 2012, 02:50:06 PM »
— Handwritten note, apparently from Paterno to Sandusky: "If there were no (Second) Mile, then I believe you ... probably could be the next Penn State FB coach. But you wanted the best of two worlds and I probably should have sat down with you six or seven years and said look Jerry, if you want to be head coach at Penn State, give up your association with the (Second) Mile and concentrate on nothing but your family and Penn State. ... You are too deeply involved in both."

Ah, the classic scene from any "Wallstreet" type movie where the grizzled veteran takes the young up-and-comer under his wing and says "Kid, you can make it in this business. Maybe even have my job someday. But you gotta dial down the child raping first. I mean, get that crap under control."

:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 12, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
— Handwritten note, apparently from Paterno to Sandusky: "If there were no (Second) Mile, then I believe you ... probably could be the next Penn State FB coach. But you wanted the best of two worlds and I probably should have sat down with you six or seven years and said look Jerry, if you want to be head coach at Penn State, give up your association with the (Second) Mile and concentrate on nothing but your family and Penn State. ... You are too deeply involved in both."

Absent context, what does ^^^ have to do with child rape?  Reads more like, "hey bad person, you should've quit the rough ridin' charity project and gotten me some more linebackers."

Still haven't read anything, but isn't there way more damning evidence than this?

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 12, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »

Absent context, what does ^^^ have to do with child rape?  Reads more like, "hey bad person, you should've quit the rough ridin' charity project and gotten me some more linebackers."

Still haven't read anything, but isn't there way more damning evidence than this?

— "Four of the most powerful people at The Pennsylvania State University — President Graham B. Spanier, Senior Vice President-Finance and Business Gary C. Schultz, Athletic Director Timothy M. Curley and Head Football Coach Joseph V. Paterno — failed to protect against a child sexual predator harming children for over a decade. These men concealed Sandusky's activities from the Board of Trustees, the University community and authorities."

— Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley "repeatedly concealed critical facts" about Sandusky's abuse from authorities and others "in order to avoid the consequences of bad publicity... ."

— "Despite their knowledge of the criminal investigation of Sandusky, Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley took no action to limit Sandusky's access to Penn State facilities or took any measures to protect children on their campuses."
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 12, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
Right.  That top quote featuring Paterno bitching about Sandusky's work ethic, is a specific example.  The next 3 quotes are summaries or conclusions.  There are specific examples in the report that lead to the conclusions, right?  I thought I'd heard there was an email chain that made it clear that Paterno put the kibosh on any plan to report.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 12, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »
Right.  That top quote featuring Paterno bitching about Sandusky's work ethic, is a specific example.  The next 3 quotes are summaries or conclusions.  There are specific examples in the report that lead to the conclusions, right?  I thought I'd heard there was an email chain that made it clear that Paterno put the kibosh on any plan to report.

yes, that in particular and the other summaries are supported by old emails.  most think the worst part is they all knew in 2001 of the 1998 investigation. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 12, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »
Paterno was using it as a code word. We all know now that The Second Mile was just Jerry's personal child raping OK Cupid.

"If there were no (Second) Mile (raping kids), then I believe you ... probably could be the next Penn State FB coach. But you wanted the best of two worlds (football and raping kids) and I probably should have sat down with you six or seven years and said look Jerry, if you want to be head coach at Penn State, give up your association with the (Second) Mile (raping kids) and concentrate on nothing but your family and Penn State. ... You are too deeply involved in both (raping kids)."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 12, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
Not sure if luked, but the Second Mile is an organization for the benefit of PA youth:  http://www.thesecondmile.org/welcome.php

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 12, 2012, 05:11:23 PM »
Not sure if luked, but the Second Mile is an organization for the benefit of PA youth:  http://www.thesecondmile.org/welcome.php

OMFG
:adios:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 12, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
So after today, is the consensus that Paterno took a death pill so he wouldn't have to witness all this?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 12, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »

A new twist

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1335 on: July 12, 2012, 05:41:39 PM »
I'm thankful we have a goEMAW.com to make sure this could never happen at Kstate

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1336 on: July 12, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
Two things:

1) The Second Mile is the bridge that links a lot of money and people together who covered this up.   You will see a lot of known names in the list of directors.  The connection to Second Mile led to a lot of money being generated with tax breaks and shuffled around.   Bottled water companies and gas stations all connected to Second Mile and Joe Paterno.  This money was a major reason the cover up happened.  Sandusky would damage Second Mile and cost a few very powerful people at Penn St a lot of money. 

2) The NCAA will and (IMO) should get involved because the other major reason (and its not really a distinct reason because Second Mile was strongly associated with Penn St football and Joe Paterno) for the cover up was to protect the football program.  That's what it comes down to: little boys were allowed to be raped at Penn State because reporting the crime would damage the money making ability of the football program (and all other subsidiary "businesses" coupled to it).   The football program (and the head coach) was so powerful it bred this outcome.  It's the cover up that damns them.   It's a sign of unbelievable corruption and lack of control.

I typed this too fast and probably didn't make much sense, but I think the football program  should get destroyed.   Penn State as a organization cannot be trusted to have a football program.  They allowed it go this far.  Penn State and and surrounding community enabled what happened.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 12, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »
I was about to ask how Paterno could be such a dumbass, but maybe chings preemptively answered my question by pointing out financial incentives. 

Aside from that, why in the world would Paterno think that squashing this the second it came to light would be a bad thing?  I can't imagine that it would be bad for Penn State if the second it came to light what Sandusky was doing, that they shitcanned him and turned him into law enforcement and had a presser with Paterno saying, "holy crap, we just caught this lunatic molesting kids and he's now in jail and _____ will be making the D calls this saturday from the booth." 

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 12, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »
PSU needed a moment such as this: .  Probably would have come out better in the eyes of society and fewer kids get raped.  Would have been a win-win. 

Too bad real life ain't like the movies.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 12, 2012, 06:59:22 PM »
Only case I've heard for NCAA is that it was established in this investigation that PSU doesn't have a centralized compliance department, which is often the case in LOIC cases.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 12, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »
any way that Pennsylvania State University just shuts things down? No more PSU board up the windows send the kids somewhere else to go to school?
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1341 on: July 12, 2012, 08:49:49 PM »
any way that Pennsylvania State University just shuts things down? No more PSU board up the windows send the kids somewhere else to go to school?

I doubt it.  It's an election year and I don't think the current administration wants to lose Western Pennsylvania by having the DOE shut that bitch down.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 12, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »
PSU football isn't going anywhere.  Unless the lawyers (geniuses who will soon be rich) do it.  Let the civil system do its work.

PSU lawyer:  how much to settle this case?
Attorney for anyone raped after 2001: all of it.  Including equipment, planes, busses, weights, helmets, pads, ice buckets, cleats then add 20 million.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 13, 2012, 04:29:08 AM »
The report highlights Penn State's decision to allow Sandusky to retire in 1999 "as a valued member of the Penn State football legacy," after allegations in 1998, "essentially granted him license to bring boys to campus facilities for 'grooming' as targets for his assaults."

I've tried to be as fair as possible regarding this mess until we knew all of the facts, but now that we know the facts, if there's ever been a more appropriate use of #teamburnitdown, I've yet to see it.

I have two boys.  If anyone even thought about doing this to them, I'd go all "Man on Fire" on them.

I'm in the same boat.  You can probably go back to the beginnings of this thread ans see me saying, "if Paterno knew, etc."  I wasn't going to condemn the man until I got proof.  We got our proof.  JoePa was as rotten as any in this whole thing, outside of Sandusky.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: July 13, 2012, 04:40:17 AM »
@BobbyBigWheel: I still think they should keep the Paterno statue and just tell everyone that it's the guy from Up.

lol, except I don't like him being associated with a cartoon that my kids watch.  Maybe just put a pedobear mask on it.

Move it to shower

They should just turn it a little so that JoePa would be looking the other way.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »
Is Vernebles K-State's Sandusky? Oklahoma's.

Is this a ticking timebomb?  :surprised:
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 13, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »
A time bomb that explodes and litters the landscape with wins, great Linebackers, awesomness, and fantastic hair.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 13, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »
A time bomb that explodes and litters the landscape with wins, great Linebackers, awesomness, and fantastic hair.

And amazing pleated gabardine trousers.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 13, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »

thank god for emo emaw to clear this up for us.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles