Author Topic: Furminator  (Read 4373 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Furminator
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:46:15 PM »
This is money:

http://www.furminator.com/

I love my Yellow Lab to death, but he has been shedding like crazy.  With our wood floors, it is hard to keep the house looking clean with all the hair.  

To the point:

No other brush compares, and well worth the money.  I bought the larger brush at PetCo or PetSmart for almost $70.    

This is what it looked like when I took the Furminator to my lab this past weekend.  (Except my dog and not the one in the picture)  

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:48:04 PM by WildcatNkilt »
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Furminator
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 12:51:45 PM »
Works pretty good, my cats don't like it very much though.  Usually get about 5 to 6 minutes in before they start freaking out.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »
Works pretty good, my cats don't like it very much though.  Usually get about 5 to 6 minutes in before they start freaking out.

$70?   :chainsaw:

Cheaper to just get another dog? :dunno:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »

This is no ordinary dog.  My 11 month Yellow Lab will walk up to me while I lay on the couch watching a game and will stare at the television and watch with me.  Huge Cats fan FWIW.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »

This is no ordinary dog.  My 11 month Yellow Lab will walk up to me while I lay on the couch watching a game and will stare at the television and watch with me.  Huge Cats fan FWIW.

Can it fist pump?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 01:09:59 PM »
This is money:

I love my Yellow Lab to death, but he has been shedding like crazy.  With our wood floors, it is hard to keep the house looking clean with all the hair.  

To the point:

No other brush compares, and well worth the money.  I bought the larger brush at PetCo or PetSmart for almost $70.    

This is what it looked like when I took the Furminator to my lab this past weekend.  (Except my dog and not the one in the picture)  

I got a dog that sheds like nobody's business.  Consequently, I take her to get groomed/bathed/nails clipped once a month.  Turns out that Petco/Petsmart/Petwhatever just uses a defurminator to rid the dogs of shedding.  I thought about just buying one of them myself, but then realized that I didn't want to F with all that crap, plus they bathe her and trim her nails at the same time, so might as well just pay the 35 bucks.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »

Can it fist pump?

He has his own version.  He'll get excited and put his paw on me, begging for me to let him on the couch.  When he gets real excited, he just plops his whole body on me for a good snuggle.  Pretty awesome dog.  Hung like a horse too.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 01:12:03 PM »

A new dog every day would most definitely not be cheaper than a furminator and its repeated uses.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »
This is money:

To the point:

I got a dog that sheds like nobody's business.  Consequently, I take her to get groomed/bathed/nails clipped once a month.  Turns out that Petco/Petsmart/Petwhatever just uses a defurminator to rid the dogs of shedding.  I thought about just buying one of them myself, but then realized that I didn't want to F with all that crap, plus they bathe her and trim her nails at the same time, so might as well just pay the 35 bucks.

Yea I would probably do that too but usually don't have the time on the weekends.  You are correct that the Petco/Petsmart/Petwhatever people use the Furminator.  

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 01:21:37 PM »
Just picked up the one for large dogs on Ebay for $14.95.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 01:23:28 PM »

You sir are a smarter shopper than myself.  I tend to get too impatient and just buy off the shelf.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »

You sir are a smarter shopper than myself.  I tend to get too impatient and just buy off the shelf.

Just hoping it isn't a fake. 

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 01:31:01 PM »

Great christmas idea for Sammy ^  Hardcore Pak'r, serious shedder. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 01:38:54 PM »

Great christmas idea for Sammy ^  Hardcore Pak'r, serious shedder. 

Might want Christmas to come early (for your own benefit....ya know less vacuuming).

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 01:46:12 PM »

Mine didn't cost as much, got a small one.  I think mine was 25.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »

Just hoping it isn't a fake. 

I have a brush that looks suspiciously like a furminator.  It was like 15 bucks, but it doesn't work nearly as well.  It would be fine for most dogs, but mine sheds a ridiculous amount.  Still probably a good idea to at least see if it's a real one.  The place I almost bought a real furminator from wanted anywhere from like $79 to like $100+, depending on the size.  Pretty ridic price for a damn brush but the mofo works amazingly well...

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »

Mine didn't cost as much, got a small one.  I think mine was 25.

Yea smaller ones are a bit cheaper ($25-$50 range).  You can also get one that has a universal connection to a vacuum cleaner hose. 

They are very heavy duty brushes.  If yours is light in weight (for a brush), probably not the real thing. 

But yea....pretty much amazing.   

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
we have one, works insanely well. 
wood floors and pet hair =  :nono: ick

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 02:10:18 PM »
My shep loves it but he's so active its hard to get him to hold still long enough.  One cat won't hold still at all.  The other would let you strip all the fur off of him he loves being rubbed so much.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »

Freaking tell me about it.  My floors are stained very darkly, so the white pet hair shows up very well.  I seriously had to buy a vacuum specifically for the hair/hardwood floors and I have to use it at least every other day.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »

Freaking tell me about it.  My floors are stained very darkly, so the white pet hair shows up very well.  I seriously had to buy a vacuum specifically for the hair/hardwood floors and I have to use it at least every other day.

what kind? we just refinished our floors (no carpet in the whole house other than area rugs), looking for a new 'uum, was thinking about a shark.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »

what kind? we just refinished our floors (no carpet in the whole house other than area rugs), looking for a new 'uum, was thinking about a shark.

Let me know if you find a great vacuum.  I also have dark wood floors throughout the whole house.  Currently running an older model of a Dirt Devil.  Pretty crappy.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »
What the hell are you feeding your pets?

Probably cheap-ass garbage food.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »
What the hell are you feeding your pets?

Probably cheap-ass garbage food.

Science Diet.  Not cheap-ass at all.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »

Tried 2 other models before this one.  I was always worried about scratching the floors, plus wanted one that was lightweight and could maneuver around chair/table legs and stuff.  Use a Shark NV22 for the wood and tile floors.  Works very well and is very light.  Have a Eureka pet vacuum for the carpeted rooms.