Author Topic: Why is duke a #1 seed over the cats?  (Read 3701 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why is duke a #1 seed over the cats?
« on: March 02, 2010, 01:15:58 AM »
any argument for this? complete horsesh*t.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: Why is duke a #1 seed over the cats?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:21:25 AM »
Heard we have a good chance of being in the Houston regional. :lick:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:32:52 AM »
Duke is the best team in the ACC  :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 02:05:01 AM »
neck and neck right now.  It is almost a lock that we are going to share a region anyway.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KSU176

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 08:37:07 AM »
They are DUKE.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 08:40:49 AM »
If they end up a 1, just let us be the 2 in the same region.

As for why, right now they have a few more "quality wins" than we do and will likely win their league, but that's about it.  Our SOS is pretty much the same.  Both teams have finished the season really well.  We have a better road record.  But the resume's are very similar.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »
i don't understand how we could end up in the same bracket as sister school duke.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 08:43:42 AM »

catzacker

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »
at the risk of sounding Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), while a #1 seed would be awesome, I'd rather play the first 2 games in OKC, which we wouldn't do if we were a #1 seed, correct?  And there's not that much difference between a 7 and an 8/9, and I'd argue that it's more likely that  a 10 wins and there is prolly a difference between a 10 and a 7/8/9.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »

don't they normally put the 4th #1 seed, and the 1st # 2 seed in the same region? or am i mistaken?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »

don't they normally put the 4th #1 seed, and the 1st # 2 seed in the same region? or am i mistaken?

duke would be the 4th 1 seed, we would be the first 2 seed.

:confused:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 09:05:04 AM »
any argument for this? complete horsesh*t.

because they are duke and we are the least talked about #5 in the history of college basketball. they paint us as a cute pony that has no chance of winning the race, but they sure try real hard.

Offline Iceberg

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 09:07:41 AM »
at the risk of sounding Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), while a #1 seed would be awesome, I'd rather play the first 2 games in OKC, which we wouldn't do if we were a #1 seed, correct?  And there's not that much difference between a 7 and an 8/9, and I'd argue that it's more likely that  a 10 wins and there is prolly a difference between a 10 and a 7/8/9.

The number one seed from the St. Louis bracket plays in OKC. Thats where they have KU right now. If we were a number 1 seed, KU would have to lose out the season for us to get that spot. I'd rather be a 2 seed in OKC than a 1 seed somewhere other than OKC

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 09:21:14 AM »

Location and conference requirements also play a part. But yes, generally they try to match up the last 1 seed with the first 2 seed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 12:02:24 PM »

The number one seed from the St. Louis bracket plays in OKC. Thats where they have KU right now. If we were a number 1 seed, KU would have to lose out the season for us to get that spot. I'd rather be a 2 seed in OKC than a 1 seed somewhere other than OKC

It's amazing how basketball stupid this fanbase is, very KU football like.  College basketball did not start in November.  They have used the pod system for 6 years, no excuse for not getting it.  The first and second round pod sites have NOTHING to do with the second weekend.  There can be 2 #1's at the same pod site, there can be a #1 and #2 seed from the same region at the same pod site. 

Look at the first weekend in four team mini tournaments.  Each pod site, 8 of them, will host 2 four team mini tournaments.  The NCAA will attempt to place the 16 highest overall seeds close to home to sell tickets.  In this area it will be possible to have 3 top 16 seeds, KU, KSU, UNM.  Despite UNM's ranking they are no shoe in for a top 16 seed.  KU and KSU will be one of the top 8 seeds.  Both will be in OKC.

Please stop talking about this, I'm sick of reading it on this board

tia

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 12:03:57 PM »
kenpom

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »

tia

please stop clicking on it.

tia
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 12:10:09 PM »
MakeItRain totally MadeItRain all over this thread.  w2g, MIR. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »

It's amazing how basketball stupid this fanbase is, very KU football like.  College basketball did not start in November.  They have used the pod system for 6 years, no excuse for not getting it.  The first and second round pod sites have NOTHING to do with the second weekend.  There can be 2 #1's at the same pod site, there can be a #1 and #2 seed from the same region at the same pod site. 

Look at the first weekend in four team mini tournaments.  Each pod site, 8 of them, will host 2 four team mini tournaments.  The NCAA will attempt to place the 16 highest overall seeds close to home to sell tickets.  In this area it will be possible to have 3 top 16 seeds, KU, KSU, UNM.  Despite UNM's ranking they are no shoe in for a top 16 seed.  KU and KSU will be one of the top 8 seeds.  Both will be in OKC.

tia

but will the game tomorrow get moved to ESPN?  :dunno:

catzacker

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 01:25:38 PM »
at the risk of sounding Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), while a #1 seed would be awesome, I'd rather play the first 2 games in OKC, which we wouldn't do if we were a #1 seed, correct?  And there's not that much difference between a 7 and an 8/9, and I'd argue that it's more likely that  a 10 wins and there is prolly a difference between a 10 and a 7/8/9.

It's amazing how basketball stupid this fanbase is, very KU football like.  College basketball did not start in November.  They have used the pod system for 6 years, no excuse for not getting it.  The first and second round pod sites have NOTHING to do with the second weekend.  There can be 2 #1's at the same pod site, there can be a #1 and #2 seed from the same region at the same pod site.  

Look at the first weekend in four team mini tournaments.  Each pod site, 8 of them, will host 2 four team mini tournaments.  The NCAA will attempt to place the 16 highest overall seeds close to home to sell tickets.  In this area it will be possible to have 3 top 16 seeds, KU, KSU, UNM.  Despite UNM's ranking they are no shoe in for a top 16 seed.  KU and KSU will be one of the top 8 seeds.  Both will be in OKC.

tia

they've put 2, #1 seeds at the same pod site?  cause that was my question.

Edit:  Nevermind, I looked up the past brackets, they've done it in 08 (UL and Pitt were in Dayton), '06 (UConn and Vill were in Philly) and in '05 (duke and nc were in charolette).  For some reason, I thought they didn't put 2 #1 seeds in the same pod.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:40:36 PM by catzacker »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 01:30:21 PM »
I want to echo Rusty's question, and add that I've sent an email to ESPN demanding that they put the game tomorrow night on ESPN.

BTW, anybody know what channel the the game is on?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »
I want to echo Rusty's question, and add that I've sent an email to ESPN demanding that they put the game tomorrow night on ESPN.

BTW, anybody know what channel the the game is on?

way ahead of you...i started a petition.  :users:
- chunkles

Offline 1992

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 01:47:23 PM »
Duke has 20 wins vs. the RPI top 100...and has THE best "tournament resume" of ANYONE per D. Gottlieb.  I think he said we (KSU) would have to beat ku twice (tomorrow and in KC) to get a "1".
Go to hell, Texas

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
Duke has 20 wins vs. the RPI top 100...and has THE best "tournament resume" of ANYONE per D. Gottlieb.  I think he said we (KSU) would have to beat ku twice (tomorrow and in KC) to get a "1".

is it just me or is this the general consensus? k-state with 4 losses, in order to jump duke with 4 losses,  would have to beat not only have to have 3 top ten wins, but also a big 12 tourney title.

Offline 1992

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 02:14:59 PM »

is it just me or is this the general consensus? k-state with 4 losses, in order to jump duke with 4 losses,  would have to beat not only have to have 3 top ten wins, but also a big 12 tourney title.

That's what Doogie said.
Go to hell, Texas