Author Topic: OU 2000 MHK memories  (Read 5942 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OU 2000 MHK memories
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:06:33 PM »
I was a frosh in high school. My popularity was pretty decent btw (starting falling apart mid-sophomore year  :surprised:)

I was really bummed. My mom forced me to do my math HW after the game. I got really mad at her and started to cry.

41-31 was tough to take. Especially when you are a child of the DoD.  :cry:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: OU 2000 MHK memories
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 04:12:02 PM »
Could hear the Gameday chants from Marlatt Hall.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:15:02 PM »
The most awesome atmosphere I've ever been at!!!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:20:12 PM »
Was in the student section. Almost ran on the field when Newman returned the blocked punt for the touchdown. And then the McGraw INT  :love:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »

Would say the same thing except I got my ass out of Marlatt to be there.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »
ICAT  :ksu:

Lost my fandom for OU on this day.  :curse:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »

Would say the same thing except I got my ass out of Marlatt to be there.

To be honest I didn't really give a crap one way or another until that happened.  That event sparked my EMAW.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »
I remember watching the rematch while at a pool party. <- yeah, so what.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »
I remember being all like, "pfft...that spread offense won't work. LMAO sooners." then :frown:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »
I was devasted. So confident we would win but then the week before...OU kicked the ever living crap out of Texas by 48 or so points and I was  :sdeek: we're in trouble.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »
At halftime my dad and I walked down ( :lol: ) to the bathroom.  There were a lot of OU fans and they were all pretty smug, doing their Boomer Soonering.  Anyways one bumped into my (pretty upset) dad and was rude to him, to which my dad responded "You guys are so damn arrogant."  Was the first time I ever heard my dad cuss.  :surprised:

Also, we went to Arby's on Anderson after the game.  The college-aged OU fans there were much more cordial.  My dad and I had a conversation with them and they were talking about what an honor it was to upset us.  I remembered thinking, "now these are the type of guys I'd like to be like when I get to that age.  Maybe I'll take a look at OU when the time comes."

It felt very weird to lose to be at a game we lost in KSU Stadium.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »
Was there & at the rematch at a frosty Arrowhead Stadium.  Both times it hurt bad.  :bawl:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »
OU fan leaving the game: "Thank GOD we stole all their coaches." I apologize for not head-butting him.
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »
Was in 4th grade. Remember seeing A. Lockett dejectedly toss one of the oranges Sooner fans were throwing off the field as the game was winding down  :bawl:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »
I remember it raining oranges, right above me, in the south end zone. :frown:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
Was pretty butthurt
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 08:29:15 PM »
I bet those fuckers didn't even have the common decency to buy those oranges in kansas.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
At halftime my dad and I walked down ( :lol: ) to the bathroom.  There were a lot of OU fans and they were all pretty smug, doing their Boomer Soonering.  Anyways one bumped into my (pretty upset) dad and was rude to him, to which my dad responded "You guys are so damn arrogant."  Was the first time I ever heard my dad cuss.  :surprised:

Also, we went to Arby's on Anderson after the game.  The college-aged OU fans there were much more cordial.  My dad and I had a conversation with them and they were talking about what an honor it was to upset us.  I remembered thinking, "now these are the type of guys I'd like to be like when I get to that age.  Maybe I'll take a look at OU when the time comes."

Since when is damn a cuss word?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 08:32:04 PM »
Some OK douchers without tix came in SB and talked crap all game. At first I was like, why would OK douchers talk crap, then  :frown:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 08:52:27 PM »
At halftime my dad and I walked down ( :lol: ) to the bathroom.  There were a lot of OU fans and they were all pretty smug, doing their Boomer Soonering.  Anyways one bumped into my (pretty upset) dad and was rude to him, to which my dad responded "You guys are so damn arrogant."  Was the first time I ever heard my dad cuss.  :surprised:

Also, we went to Arby's on Anderson after the game.  The college-aged OU fans there were much more cordial.  My dad and I had a conversation with them and they were talking about what an honor it was to upset us.  I remembered thinking, "now these are the type of guys I'd like to be like when I get to that age.  Maybe I'll take a look at OU when the time comes."

Since when is damn a cuss word?
It's a cuss word, man.

It was a cuss word to me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:10:01 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 08:55:02 PM »
Wow. If there is one game that I can remember in about full detail it's this one.

Went to Gameday with my dad, got on TV ( :cool:). After Gameday, my dad and I went to our parking spot and proceeded to tailgate before the 2:30 ABC Dr. Pepper kickoff with our guy Mussy on the call. I, like mighiganrustycat, though there was no way OU and their "gimmick offense" would come into MHK and beating us. I turned on the satellite TV in our RV, and all of the experts were picking OU. I was like, "What in the world?!?"

We go to our seats, section 19, and the atmosphere is just unreal. OU band is playing the song where their fans make the OU sign with their arms and say "OU", our crowd follows with the word, "sucks". Very elite.

Skipping ahead to the Newman scoop and score off of the punt block, the place just went wild. Loudest I've ever heard any sporting event. But we just couldn't get it done that day.

Afterwords, while the fam and I were eating at Carlos O'Kelly's, I was in shock. Simply because I had never seen KSU lose at home in my cognitive memory until that game.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »
I was, and still am, surprised the Spicy Quesadilla flavored Tostitos they handed out at Gameday never caught on.  I was a fan.

I hosted a bunch of Sooners and was acting all BMOC. Not so much afterwards.

Heupel got hit and hit often.

3rd & 26  :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 09:07:25 PM »
i remember that game pretty decently. i had to work at carlos okellys during and after the game and i was pretty pissed about it. i had traded with the assistant manager at the time but she backed out and said that she never actually traded me and only agreed to trade me if she didn't find a ticket to the game. anyway, eff her. i later keyed her car and all was good. also, i vividly remember a family coming in and the were all kind of tall and the dad was a ksu grad from vet school and stuff and anyway i remember spitting in all of their foods and such and sort because i was just pissed at the game and they wanted extra chips with their salsa. wrong place wrong time.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »
i remember that game pretty decently. i had to work at carlos okellys during and after the game and i was pretty pissed about it. i had traded with the assistant manager at the time but she backed out and said that she never actually traded me and only agreed to trade me if she didn't find a ticket to the game. anyway, eff her. i later keyed her car and all was good. also, i vividly remember a family coming in and the were all kind of tall and the dad was a ksu grad from vet school and stuff and anyway i remember spitting in all of their foods and such and sort because i was just pissed at the game and they wanted extra chips with their salsa. wrong place wrong time.
Oh my!  OH MY!

CHRIS!!!!

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »
Oh my!  OH MY!

CHRIS!!!!

:swampface: