Author Topic: Lawrence Kansas Thoughts:  (Read 11703 times)

Online WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence Kansas Thoughts:
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »

KU fans stayed longer than i thought they would especially on the west side. Student section is awful. If I ever see more KU fans than KSU fans in our student section  :curse:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 09:14:49 PM »
KU's Master Plan To Get Both Kansas Schools Banished To Conference USA (tm) going as planned.   :curse:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Lawrence Kansas Thoughts:
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »
there was a used condom under our seats.  we made the usher who was black pick it up.

pfffttt

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 09:22:02 PM »
great report fats. if chum1 was really at the game, man oh man. :love:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
Watched the first half of the game in my dad's company's suite in the pressbox, and it was almost all K-State fans in there except for a few random KU fans and KU b-ball legend Bud Stallworth. After halftime, we went down to enjoy the nice day in the bowl section of the stadium where we met up with EMAW elites Cas4KSU, EMAWmeister, and bigDcat. We had several empty rows to ourselves and it was very relaxing to be able to lay back in the bleachers and soak up some sun. Also, reidrolled and his gf both brought in beer at halftime and were drinking straight out of the can like 9 rows up from the field without ever being questioned. Overall, great fall afternoon on the hill.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
Their band is very small timey. It's built to be loud inside Allen Fieldhouse, but that's it.
A pussy-fart would be loud in that concrete dump.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »
Their band is very small timey. It's built to be loud inside Allen Fieldhouse, but that's it.

pussy-fart

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 09:23:45 AM »
there was a used condom under our seats.  we made the usher who was black pick it up.
At least the homeless are practicing safe sex.

This would have made a good Gameday sign.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »
Watched the first half of the game in my dad's company's suite in the pressbox, and it was almost all K-State fans in there except for a few random KU fans and KU b-ball legend Bud Stallworth. After halftime, we went down to enjoy the nice day in the bowl section of the stadium where we met up with EMAW elites Cas4KSU, EMAWmeister, and bigDcat. We had several empty rows to ourselves and it was very relaxing to be able to lay back in the bleachers and soak up some sun. Also, reidrolled and his gf both brought in beer at halftime and were drinking straight out of the can like 9 rows up from the field without ever being questioned. Overall, great fall afternoon on the hill.

:lol:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 09:33:23 AM »
Overall not terribly impressed with the gameday atmosphere. I mean, you call that tailgating?  I think the biggest set of speakers I saw was an iHome, there was very little grilling going on, and GMAFB with these "house parties." Inside the stadium we were able to sit about 50 rows lower than our tickets would permit, but had to move up a few rows in the middle of the second quarter when the actual ticket holders showed up. It was comforting to be around so many EMAWs though.  Probably 50%, and 75% by the end of the game in our area.  Some dumbass at a house after the game yelled to us about "wait til basketball season" and I was all
"13-1" to him.  After the long walk up and down their stupid rough ridin' hills to our car at mass street, we enjoyed the delicious pizza, "smart" waitresses and cold beer north of the river at Johnny's.  All in all a great time, but more despite the town than because of it.  
:adios:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »
I implore you to use the correct term:  queef.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 09:58:50 AM »
I always lol when ku fans talk about tailgating.  standing around in some dude's back yard isn't tailgating.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »
I fully enjoyed taking over their student section.
I fully enjoyed the victory lap.
I didn't enjoy the stadium, what a dump.
I fully enjoyed the game.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 03:52:38 PM »
1) The campus is not that pretty. KU fans, please hear me out. We parked at the lied center, and walked to the stadium. The buildings aren't nice, and don't have much continuity. The hills are decent, but I didn't get that warm feeling I get when walking near the mccain/nichols quad area. Any thoughts? Did i just walk through a "rough "rock chalk" spot" ?

2)The facade is beautiful. The stadium is really ugly. I had a "superdog" which was delicious! I also took home a souvenoir cup

3)The KU fight song is an absolute beast when it comes to trying to clap to it. I saw one elite KU fan nailing it time after time. Everytime he would finish nailing it, he would kind of look around and go "that's right motherf*ckers"

4)I thought we looked great! Defense, offense, special teams!

5) I went to "the wheel" after the game! I like how it is right in the middle of a residential area, but they only sell pizza.  :blindfold:

Anyway, I will not be in lawrence for another two years. Rock Chalk!
This was his practice manual:

This is a very effective video. After just one viewing, I was singing and clapping along perfectly. It's fun, you should try it. I bet it cheered up many a Jayhawk through 1-13 last year.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
The band was kind of funny looking...

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 04:07:33 PM »
the cops and such are much more relaxed on everything. that was pretty cool. Also got faced on top of the Oread after the game. Just brought a case of our own beer up there and they didn't say a word, actually picked up our empty cans as we finished them. Met Bill Self. It was OK.

After that it went downhill. The Hawk/Wheel was disgusting. The Cave was cool, met Victor Ortiz.  As the night went on, it got kinda dark if you know what I mean. Decided to head to Mass Street, was not impressed. Actually, it sucked ass.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »
1) The campus is not that pretty. KU fans, please hear me out. We parked at the lied center, and walked to the stadium. The buildings aren't nice, and don't have much continuity. The hills are decent, but I didn't get that warm feeling I get when walking near the mccain/nichols quad area. Any thoughts? Did i just walk through a "rough "rock chalk" spot" ?

2)The facade is beautiful. The stadium is really ugly. I had a "superdog" which was delicious! I also took home a souvenoir cup

3)The KU fight song is an absolute beast when it comes to trying to clap to it. I saw one elite KU fan nailing it time after time. Everytime he would finish nailing it, he would kind of look around and go "that's right motherf*ckers"

5) I went to "the wheel" after the game! I like how it is right in the middle of a residential area, but they only sell pizza.  :blindfold:

This is a very effective video. After just one viewing, I was singing and clapping along perfectly. It's fun, you should try it. I bet it cheered up many a Jayhawk through 1-13 last year.

the guy in this video is such a pussey
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »

:lol:

OMFG forgot about that.  And then a security guard took a balloon away from a 6 y/o girl next to reidrolled and said nothing about the beers.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »
the cops and such are much more relaxed on everything. that was pretty cool. Also got faced on top of the Oread after the game. Just brought a case of our own beer up there and they didn't say a word, actually picked up our empty cans as we finished them. Met Bill Self. It was OK.

After that it went downhill. The Hawk/Wheel was disgusting. The Cave was cool, met Victor Ortiz.  As the night went on, it got kinda dark if you know what I mean. Decided to head to Mass Street, was not impressed. Actually, it sucked ass.

Did you ask him why he's a Jayhawk fan?  Seems counterintuitive.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

Well now. 

That was an interesting first post.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »

:flush:  :opcat:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 04:47:22 PM »

the guy in this video is such a pussey

?

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »
Watched the 4th qtr from the Stadium Club/Touchdown Club, whatever the hell you call it.  Lots of food, beer, and something resembling cinnamon rolls.  There were about 4 KU fans left - they all were sitting inside the air conditioning, pow-wowing at a card table about how to "get this thing back on track".  Was able to walk down to the front row and lay in one of the crimson and blue recliners and drink some dejected KU fan's beer he had left behind.  It's a pretty sweet viewing spot unless they're playing down at the other end of the field, but you have a tv in front of you as well, so you don't feel like you're missing anything. 

There were 4 KSU fans down there with us, and they were all drunk as crap, having the time of their lives.  Apparently, earlier in the day, they sat in the front row and some of the ushers asked them to move back up to one of the back rows.  After giving the usher the Rosa Parks treatment, apparently he finally said, "Alright guys, this is what's going on.  The KU A.D. asked us to move you because he thinks it looks bad on tv to have a bunch of State fans sitting on the front row".  I guess they all felt bad and let some sqwaks sit there until the game got out of hand (5 minutes in).  I'm sure the swarm of KSU fans in the stands and in the high priced seats that broke-ass KU fans can't afford added to Zenger's butthurt about the game. 

Also saw LHC Bill Snyder thank Dr. Tracz on the way into the locker room after the game.  William the Conquerer knows the "Pride of Wildcat Land" kicked the crap out of the Ladybirds' band and obviously he appreciates a good Ladybird ass-kicking when he sees (or hears) it. 

All in all it was a glorius day in Lawrence, KS.  BTW, when are they gonna build a new stadium and stop playing on that damn high school track and field thing?

Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »
The band was kind of funny looking...

My God, everything about this picture screams mid-major.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 11:49:51 PM »

Isn't it glorious? 

:love:  :love:  :love: