Author Topic: Status/Twitter/Whatever steve dave Wants To Talk About Thread  (Read 1414634 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Status/Twitter/Etc. Thread
« Reply #3850 on: November 09, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »
Waters had a horrible 2nd half but we were just burning clock so I don't fault him much. Hahaha #1cat

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: November 09, 2013, 03:52:08 PM »
Our play calling is more responsible for the second half wtf than anything.

You're running down their throats so lets come out and attempt some low percentage passes... yeah...  :confused:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: November 09, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »
Yeah, can't blame Jake for throwing balls into the dirt. That's on coach.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Status/Twitter/Etc. Thread
« Reply #3853 on: November 09, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »

he's resorted to a smear campaign on our throwing QB.  disgusting stuff that I wouldn't expect from the flagship

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: November 09, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »
"@TylerDreiling: What a play call by Snyder. Hate to say it, but Jake Waters makes that pass. #kstate"

Does anyone else just have this undying urge to punch Tyler Dreiling in the face or is that just me?

I sincerely hope you pointed out to him that Waters also overthrew a deep fade last week

Even if Waters does make that pass there is safety help over the top when he is in the game. Sams was only off by about 2 feet. It was a great pass and even if he doesn't convert those, it's great to see that he has that ability. It should help to keep defenses more honest moving forward.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:31 PM »
"@TylerDreiling: What a play call by Snyder. Hate to say it, but Jake Waters makes that pass. #kstate"

Does anyone else just have this undying urge to punch Tyler Dreiling in the face or is that just me?

I sincerely hope you pointed out to him that Waters also overthrew a deep fade last week

Even if Waters does make that pass there is safety help over the top when he is in the game. Sams was only off by about 2 feet. It was a great pass and even if he doesn't convert those, it's great to see that he has that ability. It should help to keep defenses more honest moving forward.

Yes, if anything it was good to see him overthrow a deep ball, he wasn't off by much on the throw and I liked seeing us take a shot with him.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: November 09, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »

Yes, if anything it was good to see him overthrow a deep ball, he wasn't off by much on the throw and I liked seeing us take a shot with him.

Was frustrated not w/ the call but the timing because I thought we needed to just grind and kill their momentum. In retrospect, there probably was no better time to try (outside of the early non-con) and very glad we showed it.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: November 09, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »

The last deep ball Jake tried was probably the worst throw of the year.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: November 09, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
I was really impressed with his arm strength on that pass, I actually think it was one of his best this season.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: November 10, 2013, 12:46:34 AM »
I was really impressed with his arm strength on that pass, I actually think it was one of his best this season.

Sams?   I think his arm is fine when he actually creates a solid base.   Most of his throws are from weird angles while on the move.   Maybe more time in the pocket will continue to help with his happy feet.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: November 10, 2013, 01:42:44 AM »

Sams?   I think his arm is fine when he actually creates a solid base.   Most of his throws are from weird angles while on the move.   Maybe more time in the pocket will continue to help with his happy feet.

He also like to throw without stepping into it.  Just flat footed chucks, like the TD pass to Thompson last wk.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: November 10, 2013, 01:58:30 AM »
He's really good at football tho.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: November 10, 2013, 02:17:22 AM »

He also like to throw without stepping into it.  Just flat footed chucks, like the TD pass to Thompson last wk.

He's an incredible athlete and can sometimes make something out of nothing but if you're trying to build a case for QBs success when throwing off their back foot...   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: November 10, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »

He's an incredible athlete and can sometimes make something out of nothing but if you're trying to build a case for QBs success when throwing off their back foot...

Seems like you think you and pvegs are saying the same thing and you're not. He/She said #ourguy makes some flat footed throws, you said he throws off of his back foot. It is very possible to transfer your weight or evenly distribute your weight without lifting your back foot.

You seem to be taking great lengths to swim up stream. Daniel once again had a great game, and you're talking about potentially imaginary back foot throwing. Just settle in and enjoy the ride, bro.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: November 10, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Guys, both qbs are playing pretty good football right now.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: November 10, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »

1/4 in the 2nd half for #yourguy.

catzacker

« Reply #3866 on: November 10, 2013, 10:02:05 AM »

yeah, they (again) both showed reasons they should and shouldn't start.  High 5, bro!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: November 10, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »

yeah, they (again) both showed reasons they should and shouldn't start.  High 5, bro!

Examples? I think the two garbage drives in the 3rd quarter were because of play calling.

catzacker

« Reply #3868 on: November 10, 2013, 10:11:21 AM »

Examples? I think the two garbage drives in the 3rd quarter were because of play calling.

both missed throws (off the top of my head, Sams miss to Lockett, Jake didn't step into pressure and missed TT), but then both did well, jake didn't immediately fall down at the sign of a defender and scored a touchdown on a nice run, Sams' third down conversion when he had like 2 guys on him and he trucked both of them was fantastic. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: November 10, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »
So both missed a throw and that constitutes reasons why they shouldn't start? That first half was literally pefect offensively. The offense is playing very well, both guys are happy and we're winning big; all reasons for us to be nothing but happy.

catzacker

« Reply #3870 on: November 10, 2013, 10:38:31 AM »
So both missed a throw and that constitutes reasons why they shouldn't start? That first half was literally pefect offensively. The offense is playing very well, both guys are happy and we're winning big; all reasons for us to be nothing but happy.

I didn't mean for that to be a negative post.  I meant that they were both really good.  They both had way more reasons that they should start than shouldn't.  #teamfence.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: November 10, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
They are both playing well and bill is doing a nice job of managing both of them in the game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: November 10, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »

I didn't mean for that to be a negative post.  I meant that they were both really good.  They both had way more reasons that they should start than shouldn't.  #teamfence.

:thumbs:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: November 10, 2013, 10:07:09 PM »
They are both playing well and bill is doing a nice job of managing both of them in the game.

I will be the first to admit that I never really thought #2headedqbmonster could work, and certainly not as well as it is working now. This offense is currently averaging 6.1 yards per play and .524 points per play. Its on pace to finish as one of Snyder's top 5 offenses; if the early season turnover issues stay under control, its hard for me to argue with the results.

I think Bill and his staff deserve a lot of credit for figuring out how to make it work, but also Sams and Waters. Both guys talking about how they've accepted their roles, and especially Sams saying that after the Texas game they decided that they both were going to play, so they might as well go with it. I think its rare to make this work and for whatever reason Bill and these two guys have figured it out, its working great and at this point, and at this point I'm really not sold that we'd be a better offense with one or the other as the full time starter.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: November 10, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »
Kellis Robinett ?@KellisRobinett 9 Nov
Interesting note from Ryan Mueller: He dedicated this win to Batt BcKee, a Texas Tech student he despises, saying "This one is for you."

Kellis Robinett ?@KellisRobinett 9 Nov
McKee is the grandson of Texas Tech's former AD. Mueller wouldn't elaborate on the reason behind the hatred, but insisted he wasn't joking.

:dunno: