Author Topic: Status/Twitter/Whatever steve dave Wants To Talk About Thread  (Read 1414440 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Status/Twitter/Etc. Thread
« Reply #3825 on: November 07, 2013, 09:24:21 AM »
it's more an issue of the assistant coaches not "trusting" the more "talented" player than it is with bill sticking with intangible players, fwiw.

same thing. bill's fault.

he's not blameless, that's for sure.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: November 07, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »
Trust is for the pros.  College is all about laying it on the line.  Bill just needs to throw caution to the wind and lay it on the line a little harder.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: November 07, 2013, 12:04:33 PM »
If Bill would just fire someone every once in a while...

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: November 07, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »
Arthur brown was the practice squad badass in 2010 and Ds4ms was in 2011. Leverett is good.

yeah, bill has a long and sad history of sticking with the lesser player based on intangibles that only he cares about. it's cost us a lot of games.

This^
I tell people this constantly. They like to start quality young men over quality football players. I mean jfc, Bryce Brown couldn't trump Hubert and now he is a decent NFL running back  :curse:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: November 07, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
Arthur brown was the practice squad badass in 2010 and Ds4ms was in 2011. Leverett is good.

yeah, bill has a long and sad history of sticking with the lesser player based on intangibles that only he cares about. it's cost us a lot of games.

This^
I tell people this constantly. They like to start quality young men over quality football players. I mean jfc, Bryce Brown couldn't trump Hubert and now he is a decent NFL running back  :curse:

It would be so easy to negatively recruit against K-State.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: November 07, 2013, 12:49:59 PM »

This^
Bryce may be a quality NFL runningback, but he showed little evidence (both at UT and KSU) that he had any interest in becoming a quality college rb.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: November 07, 2013, 02:40:10 PM »

This^
Bryce may be a quality NFL runningback, but he showed little evidence (both at UT and KSU) that he had any interest in becoming a quality college rb.

You have a point there. Are you saying that Snyder always starts our best football players though?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: November 07, 2013, 02:44:04 PM »

This^

You have a point there. Are you saying that Snyder always starts our best football players though?
For the most part, I'd say so.  Maybe not the most "athletic," but generally, I think Snyder is pretty good about putting guys out there who give us the best chance to win. 

I'd be interested to hear SD's take on who sat when they shouldn't have.  I'm sure I'm forgetting, but I can't think of a single instance of what he's talking about, much less, enough instances to the point where it's cost us "a lot" of games.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:47:31 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: November 07, 2013, 02:58:42 PM »
ksu_FAN made a really strong case for Sams getting all of the snaps over Waters in his last fanalsysis. Snyder is clearly mismanaging his QBs this season.

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: November 07, 2013, 03:02:56 PM »
ksu_FAN made a really strong case for Sams getting all of the snaps over Waters in his last fanalsysis. Snyder is clearly mismanaging his QBs this season.

I thought he also mismanaged Klein and Coffman in 2010, even though Klein wasn't an effective passer.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: November 07, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »

I thought he also mismanaged Klein and Coffman in 2010, even though Klein wasn't an effective passer.

Also Roberson and Dunn in 2001.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: November 09, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
@ESPNCFB
Jameis Winston continues to be almost perfect when forced to convert on 3rd down this season #FSUvsWAKE pic.twitter.com/BSdemlHv61

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:20 AM »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: November 09, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
The numbers don't lie

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: November 09, 2013, 09:58:25 AM »
what a berlin wall of hatred some have constructed.  feel bad for ourguy :frown:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3840 on: November 09, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »
@ESPNCFB
Jameis Winston continues to be almost perfect when forced to convert on 3rd down this season #FSUvsWAKE pic.twitter.com/BSdemlHv61

He just doesn't have it.   Maybe make a good receiver?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: November 09, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »
I wonder what ksu_fence thinks about this new development

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: November 09, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »
I wonder what ksu_fence thinks about this new development

I think Sams is good and should play.

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: November 09, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »
"@TylerDreiling: What a play call by Snyder. Hate to say it, but Jake Waters makes that pass. #kstate"

Does anyone else just have this undying urge to punch Tyler Dreiling in the face or is that just me?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: November 09, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »
"@TylerDreiling: What a play call by Snyder. Hate to say it, but Jake Waters makes that pass. #kstate"

Does anyone else just have this undying urge to punch Tyler Dreiling in the face or is that just me?

You're not alone.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: November 09, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »

I sincerely hope you pointed out to him that Waters also overthrew a deep fade last week

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: November 09, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »

Yes, people posting stuff like this is dumb. Not even veiled really.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: November 09, 2013, 02:52:40 PM »
To be fair to ksu_FENCE, Sams' third down QBR is probably greatly helped by not being in on third and long

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: November 09, 2013, 02:56:12 PM »

I sincerely hope you pointed out to him that Waters also overthrew a deep fade last week

Not wasting my time. Can't ever make a suggestion to the GPC crew, they know everything.  :rolleyes:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: November 09, 2013, 02:57:01 PM »
so dumb. waters missed easier passes IN THIS GAME