Author Topic: Status/Twitter/Whatever steve dave Wants To Talk About Thread  (Read 1413923 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Status/Twitter/Etc. Thread
« Reply #2050 on: October 03, 2012, 10:28:45 PM »
Manhattan's very own Joe L. Hall Jr.!

You guys joined a political party based on wanting your gun rights. Carry your gun illegally like a normal person.
#TeamConcealedCarry
#97%OfMoneyControlledBy1%

:ksu:

:confused:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 04, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
Coach Weis really has a tough job. His team's own school newspaper is ragging on them.

50m Coach Charlie Weis Coach Charlie Weis ?@CoachWeisKansas

Team slammed by our own school newspaper. Amazing! No problem with opponents paper or local media. You deserve what you get! But, not home!

Coach Charlie Weis ?@CoachWeisKansas

I personally could care less. You are what are. On the other hand, if I don't support the players good or bad, who will??
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 04, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
poor charlie

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 04, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
Coach Weis really has a tough job. His team's own school newspaper is ragging on them.

Team slammed by our own school newspaper. Amazing! No problem with opponents paper or local media. You deserve what you get! But, not home!

I personally could care less. You are what are. On the other hand, if I don't support the players good or bad, who will??
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Link to story?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 04, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »

Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Link to story?

I checked their student paper and didn't see anything. Maybe he was referring to this?

http://kansan.com/opinion/2012/10/04/bickel-theres-nothing-like-basketball-season/

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: October 04, 2012, 04:13:27 PM »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 04, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »
That is one awesome picture!! We have made it. We have a Super fan that is not connect to the University(K-State Mask) and now the other big school in the state is openly pro K-State. WE ARE ELITE!  :emawkid: Welcome all the new bandwagon fans.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 04, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »
That is one awesome picture!! We have made it. We have a Super fan that is not connect to the University(K-State Mask) and now the other big school in the state is openly pro K-State. WE ARE ELITE!  :emawkid: Welcome all the new bandwagon fans.

I will believe it when some heavy-chested exotic actress starts wearing K-State apparel.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 04, 2012, 05:05:23 PM »
Quite the pickle Chuck finds himself in.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 04, 2012, 07:38:20 PM »

Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

:dubious:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:20 PM »
Former New York Times.  Now SI senior writer:

Pete Thamel ?@SIPeteThamel
And brings more negative attention to him team. Smart. RT @TheBigLead: Icymi.... Charlie Weis is Mad About This http://ow.ly/2sweqA
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 05, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »
FWIW, the proportion of Willie's head in relation to the size of his super-muscular man-body is way off.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 05, 2012, 05:24:22 PM »

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 05, 2012, 07:25:24 PM »
^^^ the audacity of a university to require shitty football players to get an education.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 05, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »
he has a point though

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 05, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »
he has a point though

Yup.  And they can get bowl game/football swag, but they can't swap it for things they actually want like cash or tats.  "We'll give you some free crap because you play football, but only the free crap we pick out."       
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 06, 2012, 12:52:17 AM »
he has a point though

Well then he should go where someone will pay him at 18 or 19 years old to play football without playing school.  I hate these dickheads that treat getting an education like its jail.  If he doesn't want to be in school he can leave, no one is forcing him to play school.  What an ungrateful dick face.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 06, 2012, 01:01:45 AM »
he has a point though

Well then he should go where someone will pay him at 18 or 19 years old to play football without playing school.  I hate these dickheads that treat getting an education like its jail.  If he doesn't want to be in school he can leave, no one is forcing him to play school.  What an ungrateful dick face.

you can't reason with him, mir.  he's a nazi.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 06, 2012, 01:05:37 AM »
he has a point though

he should have played basketball, or baseball, or hockey, or soccer any other sport. obviously he's a dumbass for saying that (I'm not questioning that). but, if he threw a 100 mile an hour fastball he wouldn't be playing class. our rules tell him that if he's going to make his money doing what he has worked his entire life to do he has to go to class because he plays football. he obviously should know that by now, but the point is, maybe he shouldn't. that's what I'm saying "he does have a point" to.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 06, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »
There are valid pts on both sides of the argument here guys.  The most valid probably being the insanely high rate of financial failure that happens to former pro athletes.  He's not ready to play in the NFL so he might as well get the free education and enjoy college life.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: October 06, 2012, 01:18:05 AM »
There are valid pts on both sides of the argument here guys.  The most valid probably being the insanely high rate of financial failure that happens to former pro athletes.  He's not ready to play in the NFL so he might as well get the free education and enjoy college life.

he can't handle his money why? why is some kid who is a professional baseball or soccer or hockey or any other sport better at handling their money?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 06, 2012, 01:24:21 AM »
I mean he's not physically ready for the NFL.  He's basically a RS frosh, most of them arent even physically ready for D1. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: October 06, 2012, 01:29:16 AM »
he's not good enough to be a pro.  his choices are that nobody will pay him anything to play football, or someone will let him play football in front of semi-adoring fans if he agrees to accept a free education.

the idea that someone should run some semi-pro charity league for not really that good players that are too stupid to appreciate an education is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: October 06, 2012, 01:30:57 AM »
I mean he's not physically ready for the NFL.  He's basically a RS frosh, most of them arent even physically ready for D1.

The NFL isn't playing anyone that isn't physically ready to play. it's a business. I have no idea who this guy is. he probably sucks ass and would never get a pay check anyway. but, your "insanely high rate of financial failure" remark make me think that isn't what you meant. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 06, 2012, 02:03:50 AM »
No, I just meant that he may as well take advantage of the free education considering that even those who reach the NFL seldom are able to live off that money for the rest of their lives.  Also, Sys is super prickly lately.