Author Topic: What are you guys thinking about this week instead of the gimme KU game?  (Read 6521 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: What are you guys thinking about this week instead of the gimme KU game?
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 12:06:55 PM »
One of my kid's soccer game just got moved up from 11am to 10am.  Now that she isn't the last game of the day, I thought I would stay for the last game of the day at 11am, and scout next week's opponent.  6ry old girl's soccer is getting legit.  Gotta do your prep, or you get left behind.

Anyone know when OU is playing this weekend.  I really want to catch that game.  Broyles is elite and I enjoy watching him play, even though he will probably repeatedly rape 2y's once GameDay is over and the game actually starts.  Just hope that Carso and Herbstreit go easy on him.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
I was thinking about dinosaurs, after having watched FOX's hit new series "Terra Nova."  It's exactly like Avatar, but there are no blue people and the wild animals mostly look realish and not all crazy colored with like three sets of lips/teeth/fangs.

If you could meet any kind of dinosaur in person ("face to face") which kind would it be?  I would like to meet a Brontosaurus.  They are HUGE.  AND, they eat plants and do NOT eat people.

That also got me thinking about college game day, and how it would be awesome if one of our goat scientists at the Vet school could use the dna from a goat and clone it bones from a Brontosaurus and make like a hybrid goat-a-saur.  We we could bring it on the field for gameday and maybe let Corso ride it (I know, I know...we haven't totally agreed on the stadium for the gamday site...just stay with me for a sec...).

What are you guys thinking about?

I need a down comforter.  With the cold weather setting in, I need to make a call soon.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 12:26:08 PM »
I was thinking about dinosaurs, after having watched FOX's hit new series "Terra Nova."  It's exactly like Avatar, but there are no blue people and the wild animals mostly look realish and not all crazy colored with like three sets of lips/teeth/fangs.

If you could meet any kind of dinosaur in person ("face to face") which kind would it be?  I would like to meet a Brontosaurus.  They are HUGE.  AND, they eat plants and do NOT eat people.

That also got me thinking about college game day, and how it would be awesome if one of our goat scientists at the Vet school could use the dna from a goat and clone it bones from a Brontosaurus and make like a hybrid goat-a-saur.  We we could bring it on the field for gameday and maybe let Corso ride it (I know, I know...we haven't totally agreed on the stadium for the gamday site...just stay with me for a sec...).

I need a down comforter.  With the cold weather setting in, I need to make a call soon.

That's a valid concern.  I recommend Saturday to shop for one.  You might need it to wrap up in while standing outside for College Gameday.  It's just around the corner, you know.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 12:30:10 PM »
Holy crap guys...   I was looking at the calendar (notice I spelled calendar correctly?  Some people spell it calender... How rough ridin' stupid, right?)   Anyway,  I was looking at the calender to write in a countdown to when gameday will be in town.  As it turns out, there's a game this Saturday.  

Man... Why didn't someone on a FOOTBALL BOARD remind everyone to not look past this saturday because we're playing a FOOTBALL GAME against someone.  I wasn't really sure who we were playing, but I thought I would remind everyone anyway, so that... you know.... as a fan, you can start your positive thinking & going through your mind repetitions of how you'll be a great fan this weekend.  The team really needs us to be focused on this next opponent.   It's for your team guys.   THEY NEED YOU!

I would like to invite everyone, right now,  to close your eyes & visualize yourself where you'll be watching the wild wild cats this coming saturday & visualize yourself saying things like: "GO, GO, GO!!"   or "YESSSS!!!"   or even wabashing at your desk;  throw in a hi-five here & there.   The important thing is to only invite positive thoughts into your mind.  
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »
Holy crap guys...   I was looking at the calendar (notice I spelled calendar correctly?  Some people spell it calender... How rough ridin' stupid, right?)   Anyway,  I was looking at the calender to write in a countdown to when gameday will be in town.  As it turns out, there's a game this Saturday.  

Man... Why didn't someone on a FOOTBALL BOARD remind everyone to not look past this saturday because we're playing a FOOTBALL GAME against someone.  I wasn't really sure who we were playing, but I thought I would remind everyone anyway, so that... you know.... as a fan, you can start your positive thinking & going through your mind repetitions of how you'll be a great fan this weekend.  The team really needs us to be focused on this next opponent.   It's for your team guys.   THEY NEED YOU!

I would like to invite everyone, right now,  to close your eyes & visualize yourself where you'll be watching the wild wild cats this coming saturday & visualize yourself saying things like: "GO, GO, GO!!"   or "YESSSS!!!"   or even wabashing at your desk;  throw in a hi-five here & there.   The important thing is to only invite positive thoughts into your mind.  

Pretty sure this is inaccurate.  I have next Saturday clearly marked as College Gameday.  Can anyone else confirm? 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 12:39:12 PM »

scandia down is your place, it's in the 64112.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »

scandia down is your place, it's in the 64112.

I like Scandia, but I have noticed they are kind of over priced compared to Land's End or even Costco.  I am saving my money for ESPN college Gameday. Gotta get a shirt that says 7-0 made up.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 01:43:34 PM »
Crap, that's a great idea Limestone!

_Fan, can we please get some renderings today for "7-0" t-shirts by later today or tomorrow?  That way, GTM can get them printed up tomorrow night and we can get a batch of them to sell over at the Union on Friday afternoon.

I would be great if we could get a few of the undgergrads to camp out before college gameday next week, and then wear _Fan's "7-0" shirts in the front row (and be on tv and stuff).

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »
I'm thinking the rule of 3 was satisfied by Steve Jobs, Al Davis and Dan Wheldon.

Not sure who Austin Box was linked with.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
I'm thinking the rule of 3 was satisfied by Steve Jobs, Al Davis and Dan Wheldon.

Not sure who Austin Box was linked with.
Probably a rapist and a member of the KUKluxKlan
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »
I am thinking about how much college sucks right now
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 08:22:02 PM »

Don't be such a choad bro.  Also might be spelled chode.  Either way, college rocks.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »
Yeah college is the best.  If I could rationalize a 5th year I definitely would have stayed.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »
Mods, can you delete all thread pertaining to KU?  I'm having a very tough time focusing on the OU game.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
Yeah college is the best.  If I could rationalize a 5th year I definitely would have stayed.

i can without a doubt say that wanting to stay is the rationalization. you want to stay? stay. not that hard dlew12.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 09:13:06 PM »
Need to get a warm coat.  Been thinking about wool, but don't want one of the traditional navy type pea coats.  Want something that warm, but something more contemporary that can fit a casual cats basketball game, or a business meeting in a tie. 

Shits tough, though.  I mean, where do I even start?  Google just keeps coming up with the ones I don't want.  :shakesfist:

This one is pretty nice.

http://www.amazon.com/BGSD-One-Button-Lambskin-Leather-Blazer/dp/B000WV9OWC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319042406&sr=8-3

:sdeek:
What, no powercat.  :nono:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »

Brontosaurus?!?!? 
It's APATOSAURUS, noob. 
Embarrassing.  Also, I've been thinking a lot about sauropod systematics this week.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 11:05:29 PM »
Pete I've been thinking a lot about you. How are you doing bud?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »

Brontosaurus?!?!? 
It's APATOSAURUS, noob. 
Embarrassing.  Also, I've been thinking a lot about sauropod systematics this week.
Wow, you degreeded fans are so much smarter than your typical fan.  I have to use Google to find this... http://svpow.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/picture-1.png?w=480&h=359

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 11:12:31 PM »

Brontosaurus?!?!? 
It's APATOSAURUS, noob. 
Wow, you degreeded fans are so much smarter than your typical fan.  I have to use Google to find this... http://svpow.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/picture-1.png?w=480&h=359
Also  :cheers:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 07:46:31 AM »
Ok guys.  Good thing we aren't playing OU until next week. Had several hugely important things come up that draw my thoughts.  First, and most obvious, the wool coat crissis is still open, but it is being replaced...

Read a crossfit article the other day and I think I have decided that I have to give it a try. Looks awesome.  Problem is, no crossfit joints near me.

Also, did you guys see the today show?  There is a national news story dedicated to a waitress who had a customer tell her she needs to lose a couple pounds.  Pfft.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 07:49:25 AM »
Holy crap!  Did you guys see the tupperware deal on Woot today?  Got one. :gocho: :tongue:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 08:24:23 AM »
Pete I've been thinking a lot about you. How are you doing bud?

Oh man, I have been so busy. 

I'm trying to get as much done this week and during this weekend, so I can really drink-in the whole gameday experience next week.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 08:26:02 AM »
Ok guys.  Good thing we aren't playing OU until next week. Had several hugely important things come up that draw my thoughts.  First, and most obvious, the wool coat crissis is still open, but it is being replaced...

Read a crossfit article the other day and I think I have decided that I have to give it a try. Looks awesome.  Problem is, no crossfit joints near me.

Also, did you guys see the today show?  There is a national news story dedicated to a waitress who had a customer tell her she needs to lose a couple pounds.  Pfft.
:thumbs: pm when you are in manhattan

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »

Yes.  I don't remember if that was before or after the latest news on Lindsay Lohan.  Watching the Today show really complements the Glenn Beck radio I listen to on my way to work.  I figure the truth is somewhere in between.