Author Topic: What are you guys thinking about this week instead of the gimme KU game?  (Read 6520 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I was thinking about dinosaurs, after having watched FOX's hit new series "Terra Nova."  It's exactly like Avatar, but there are no blue people and the wild animals mostly look realish and not all crazy colored with like three sets of lips/teeth/fangs.

If you could meet any kind of dinosaur in person ("face to face") which kind would it be?  I would like to meet a Brontosaurus.  They are HUGE.  AND, they eat plants and do NOT eat people.

That also got me thinking about college game day, and how it would be awesome if one of our goat scientists at the Vet school could use the dna from a goat and clone it bones from a Brontosaurus and make like a hybrid goat-a-saur.  We we could bring it on the field for gameday and maybe let Corso ride it (I know, I know...we haven't totally agreed on the stadium for the gamday site...just stay with me for a sec...).

What are you guys thinking about?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: What are you guys thinking about this week instead of the gimme KU game?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »
college gameday built by the home depot

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 10:23:49 AM »
 :thumbs: wes mantooth likes this

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »
how about this fall weather?  love it.  also, going on vacation next week- time to start the mental checklist of "things to do before i leave"

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
...almost forgot this one...

I had a dream last night about vampires who could walk around in the day light.  That's pretty scary stuff, because you don't have a "safe" time of day.  It's not like you can just say "Oh, look it's sunny out, I don't have to worry about vampires."  Thinking like that could get you killed, if vampires could really walk around during the day.

This also got me thinking about how if we put the gameday set on the field, then our fans will not be staring straight into the sun during the broadcast, BUT if it's cold they won't feel the sun on their backs because the stands will block out the sun.  If we do the gameday broadcast on the front lawn of Anderson, we still get the benefit of not looking directly into the morning sun, BUT we DO get to feel the warmth of the suns rays on our backs.

Obviously, we have to wait for a stormnut update to know whether this is a "real" issue, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about it.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »
What hoodie I am going to where today
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »
ethics.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »

I'm betting most of you have a closet full of these

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »

i don't get it  :dunno:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »

I really don't have very many hoodies.  I DO like some of the ones that _Fan had out there with the "EMAW" on them, however.

That reminds me, when did stormnut promise to have a college gameday forecast for us?  I'll bet you that the weather will be perfect for a hoodie that day!  Let's just all cross our fingers and hope for NO rain, because that would really screw up my sign plans for game day.   :crossfingers:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »
I had a dream about the Texas game lastnight.  FWIW we won 43-10 and the "WE OWN TEXAS" chant was piercing in DKR.

Could be a good sign.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
Saturday is my birthday so I would really like as much attention on me as possible, and not some shitty football game. Unbelievable what some people find important nowadays.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
Hiking.  Will be a lovely weekend to get away from football for a change. 

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »
I was wondering if Corso was going to fake everyone out by wearing a stage coach hat and then throw it into the crowd before putting on the willie head or if he'd just put the willie head on.  I was also wondering what the inside of the willie head smelled like and how much better it would smell, if you could quantify smells, after Lee wears it.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »
i've been thinking about my tax refund and what i'm going to do with the money. i filed an extension back in march and monday was the deadline to have them done. anyway, i had just put off doing them because i'm lazy and then i finally got around to it on sunday and boom... huge refund. anyway, pretty much just thinking about that and gameday and where they're going to have gameday and whether i'll go or not and what kind of whacky gameday signs and chants people with make and do.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 11:39:10 AM »
Need to get a warm coat.  Been thinking about wool, but don't want one of the traditional navy type pea coats.  Want something that warm, but something more contemporary that can fit a casual cats basketball game, or a business meeting in a tie. 

Shits tough, though.  I mean, where do I even start?  Google just keeps coming up with the ones I don't want.  :shakesfist:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 11:42:38 AM »
Need to get a warm coat.  Been thinking about wool, but don't want one of the traditional navy type pea coats.  Want something that warm, but something more contemporary that can fit a casual cats basketball game, or a business meeting in a tie. 

Shits tough, though.  I mean, where do I even start?  Google just keeps coming up with the ones I don't want.  :shakesfist:

This one is pretty nice.

http://www.amazon.com/BGSD-One-Button-Lambskin-Leather-Blazer/dp/B000WV9OWC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319042406&sr=8-3

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »

This one is pretty nice.

http://www.amazon.com/BGSD-One-Button-Lambskin-Leather-Blazer/dp/B000WV9OWC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319042406&sr=8-3

:sdeek:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »
My grandma turns 90 on Saturday.  I'll be thinking about the great times we've spent together, like that time she gave it too much gas and spun around 180 degrees, or that time I accidentally shot her in the back of the head with a BB gun.  I'll also be talking to my relatives flying in about how they need to watch ESPN GameDay next weekend.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »
My grandma turns 90 on Saturday.  I'll be thinking about the great times we've spent together, like that time she gave it too much gas and spun around 180 degrees, or that time I accidentally shot her in the back of the head with a BB gun.  I'll also be talking to my relatives flying in about how they need to watch ESPN GameDay next weekend.

wow, fantastic idea.

Really got me thinking about how loads of people who are cats fans, but live out of state, may not know that gameday is coming next week.  We really need to get the word out.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »
Half the fam (flying in) went to Notre Dame and the other half went to Michigan, so this season I can be all like  :gocho:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »

wow, fantastic idea.

Really got me thinking about how loads of people who are cats fans, but live out of state, may not know that gameday is coming next week.  We really need to get the word out.

There are a couple threads I think, but it might help if we pin some of them and put a ! icon by them so everyone knows it's what we should be focusing on.
I was also thinking about trying to get some goat meat, while I'm in the area for gameday.  Does the facility have a store?  If not, they should, kind of like Russel Stovers, but with a rotating goat that rotates when the store is open.  
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 11:56:45 AM »
I was thinking saturday around 11 would be a great time to rake my leaves.  Weather should be nice and I for sure want my yard looking better than the neighbors.  

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 12:00:47 PM »
I had a dream about the Texas game lastnight.  FWIW we won 43-10 and the "WE OWN TEXAS" chant was piercing in DKR.

Could be a good sign.

Question, If somehow a catastrophic event occurs and Texas beats us, do they rush the field and tear down the goalposts?  I say yes.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »
does anybody know why they call the show that's coming to mhk next week "college gameday"? i was just thinking about that and it just seemed to be a weird name to me.