Author Topic: From a BU fan, Congrats on the win.  (Read 7199 times)

Offline WordUpBU

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: From a BU fan, Congrats on the win.
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »
Are you rough ridin' kidding me? Comparing the Conference opener to a game that we lost in double OT that would have led to a National Title? Are you insane?

My comment had nothing to do with the magnitude of the game, just the manner of how it happened.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 01:25:42 PM »
Did you just compare your team to the '98 Cats?

No.  Just that the loss feels the same way with the lead late in the game and then it unravels.  Could have used many examples, simply chose a well known KSU one.

Dude...eff off.  You have no idea what it feels like to be ranked #1 in the nation and a few minutes away from a national title game that you would've been favored in, only to see an entire season go down in flames and lose to Purdue in a rough ridin' also-ran bowl game.  You just lost the Big XII opener.  You have no idea.  None.  NONE!  :bang:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 01:27:09 PM »
Wow, you guys should just get over it. It was 13 years ago. I would have to look up who won the national title 3 years ago. It doesn't really matter anymore.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »
I, personally, can't believe that some Baylor wacko from Waco would come to our site and try and compare Baylor losing a confy opener to ksu katz losing the dr. pepper/shot at nc

wow, just wow.

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
never mention that game.

ever.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 01:35:33 PM »
1998 wasn't that bad, I can see the similarities

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 01:39:03 PM »
Wow, you guys should just get over it. It was 13 years ago. I would have to look up who won the national title 3 years ago. It doesn't really matter anymore.
You sir can go eff yourself. I will never get over it :shakesfist:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
i actually think i've gotten over it.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »
1998 wasn't that bad, I can see the similarities
:dubious:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline WordUpBU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »
Did you just compare your team to the '98 Cats?

No.  Just that the loss feels the same way with the lead late in the game and then it unravels.  Could have used many examples, simply chose a well known KSU one.

Dude...eff off.  You have no idea what it feels like to be ranked #1 in the nation and a few minutes away from a national title game that you would've been favored in, only to see an entire season go down in flames and lose to Purdue in a rough ridin' also-ran bowl game.  You just lost the Big XII opener.  You have no idea.  None.  NONE!  :bang:

Ok then you can sub in a different game you feel you should have one if not for a couple plays.  The "salute"-gate pinstripe bowl, 2002 Texas or CU, 2003 texas, etc...

Its talking about the lost opportunity of a game you thought you had.  I understand how bad that memory must be and in hindsight maybe a different game would have been better as the 98 talk has detracted from the main points of:
a- Good game
b- congrats on the win
c- good luck going forward

My point never had a single thing to do with the magnitude of the game.

Hello WordUp.  Thanks for the note. 

What's your take on RGIII's and Wright's post-game comments?

RG3 all I remember seeing was:

"I take sole responsibility for that," he said. "I'm the leader of this team. I'm the guy that's in the Heisman race, so I've got to help us win that game, and we didn't win it. So you can look at a billion different things, but if you're going to point the finger, point it at me, because I'll take the praise and I'll take the blame as well."

I think that is certainly not anything for KSU fans to get upset over.  Just a guy taking the blame who really is the one guy not to blame out of the entire roster.

As for Kendall's:

"We didn't get beat - we lost the game," Wright said. "There's a difference between getting beat and losing, and we lost the game."

He needs to work on his PR but he's simply a competitive guy that doesn't watch his words very well.  I think most of our fanbase agrees with him but it comes off very sore-loser"ish" but I think people would be lying if they said they didn't at least think similar things when you lose a 2 score lead late in a loss.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »

I rough ridin' CRIED AFTER THAT!
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »

Pussy

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »
wow. bu guy just threw up a 2002 cu, 2002 texas reference.

this kid knows his sh*t.  :D

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »

Pussy

Keep in mind I was like 10 and more EMAW than you'll ever be.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 01:48:23 PM »
2002 cu is probably a pretty good comparo...eff YOU JEREMY BLOOM!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw:  :curse: :curse: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 01:49:31 PM »

He's really good.

:thumbsup: to WordUpBU

Offline WordUpBU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 01:51:50 PM »
I, personally, can't believe that some Baylor wacko from Waco would come to our site and try and compare Baylor losing a confy opener to ksu katz losing the dr. pepper/shot at nc

wow, just wow.

Once again, purely comparing the way a 2 score lead evaporated... not the magnitude.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »
eff you, WordUpBU!!!  How dare you come here and compare the magnitude of a conference opener to our Big 12 championship game en route to a national championship?!?  eff YOU!!!!

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 01:58:29 PM »

wow, just wow.

Once again, purely comparing the way a 2 score lead evaporated... not the magnitude.

All right, we get it already.  You don't have to repeat yourself a million times.  Geez!!!   :curse:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »
02 Texas and that horse rough rider Dusty Mangnum warming up his field goals DURING the halftime show.  MOTHER rough rider I"M MAD NOW.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline WordUpBU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 02:03:37 PM »

He's really good.

:thumbsup: to WordUpBU

Thanks.  You too.  I love a good numbers breakdown and you definitely argue from a position of trying to be as informed as you can and I try to do the same.

I follow football a lot and love college more than pro.  I like you guys and your rise from 88-98 is what I hope my Bears can mimic in the coming years.  It truly is one of the great turnaround stories in CFB history and proof that the pecking order can indeed change to an extent.

We have alot that projects favorably in the future.  The big thing keeping our program down was a dunce hire of an AD who started in 1996, he hired 3 bad coaches and hoops coach Dave Bliss.  The current AD has been a godsend and has really reshaped things for us.  Facilities (new stadium to be announced soon on campus), assistant salaries (Bennett), atmosphere (tailgating is 100X better than it ever was now) and overall commitment to football is at an all time high.  Match that with a school that...

-Has a strong coaching staff with Briles offense and Bennett D (we really could use a good ST coach)
-Has said coaches who each are known for recruiting Texas well (Briles was an HS coaching legend here)
-3 hours from every major texas recruiting hotbed and 1.5 from each of Austin and DFW
-Long successes recruiting in every sport but football
-Some of the strongest academics in both the Big 12 and the state
-One of the top track programs for 2 sport guys like RG3, Dominique Zeigler, and others
-Ability to differentiate from Tech, OSU, A&M, UT, OU, with smaller class sizes, religious culture, and other distinctives that doesn't always help but sometimes helps land guys like a Lace Dunn (hoops who came from a small school and liked that about us) and several who have felt at home here.

I think we project going forward very favorably now that the admin isn't deserting the program.

Good luck vs Mizzou.  Perhaps a good paddling will remind them that they should stay in the Big 12?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:06:12 PM by WordUpBU »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »
BU post in the smoke your cigar's thread and give us some inside info about Baylor's conference realignment shennanagins
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »
I like you guys and your rise from 88-98 is what I hope my Bears can mimic in the coming years.  It truly is one of the great turnaround stories in CFB history and proof that the pecking order can indeed change to an extent.

"Many are called, but few are chosen."

Matthew 22:14

Offline prome05

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
Good luck vs Mizzou.  Perhaps a good paddling will remind them that they should stay in the Big 12?

A good paddling. I like that.

Time to give Mizzou a good paddling! Who's with me?!  :comeatme:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 02:33:49 PM »

A good paddling. I like that.

Time to give Mizzou a good paddling! Who's with me?!  :comeatme:
I am in
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.