Author Topic: your feelings after BU's 4th and 5 = touchdown  (Read 5427 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
your feelings after BU's 4th and 5 = touchdown
« on: October 04, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »
very deflating.  :frown:

Amazing how we still won after those plays.

We are KSTATE! The heart of champions!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: your feelings after BU's 4th and 5 = touchdown
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:31:26 AM »
Ya, I thought that was "it."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:41:48 AM »
it was over.  had to be.  especially since it was already over when CK threw the pick.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
combination of "wow...that was 1 helluva play, wish we could do that crap" and "rough ridin' hartman  :facepalm:"

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 09:48:53 AM »
Their receivers are pretty amazing, in contrast, our DBs are amazingly slow and or inept.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »
Their receivers are pretty amazing, in contrast, our DBs Hartman is amazingly slow and or inept.

Was it just me or was he personally responsible for 3 TD's??

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
nobody in america could have defended that pass/catch

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 09:55:32 AM »
Their receivers are pretty amazing, in contrast, our DBs Hartman is amazingly slow and or inept.

Was it just me or was he personally responsible for 3 TD's??

I think only one of the touchdowns was completely his fault. It was horrible, though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »

Griffin might not have thrown that pass if Hartman hadn't been burned so badly, though.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »

Griffin might not have thrown that pass if Hartman hadn't been burned so badly, though.

I like to go off on 2 Y's as much as anyone else but I think that play was more of a "eff it kendall just run a 9 and I'll throw it up, go get it"

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 10:09:34 AM »

I like to go off on 2 Y's as much as anyone else but I think that play was more of a "eff it kendall just run a 9 and I'll throw it up, go get it"

It was an amazing catch, but I'm pretty sure that was the play he bit hard on taking multiple hard steps forward with no chance of recovery and there was no help over the top (almost looked like he was playing a zone under).

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 10:10:09 AM »
I thought, "well I hope we keep it close.  I'd hate for us to get boat-raced here."  If Baylor would've stretched out the lead to 20 or so points, that would've killed me.

After the missed field goal I thought "You know, if we can just get a score here...."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
Also said to my buddy after the missed FG, If we can drive down and get a TD, get a stop on D, we're gonna kick a FG and win by 1.  Felt pretty smug and   :ksu:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »

right/ because Griffin doesn't trust Wright to come up w/ a big catch.  Griffin recognized the blitz and saw man coverage on one of the best receivers in the conference so he threw it up and the Wright made an incredible catch.  to blame that TD on Hartman is rough ridin' dumb.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 10:27:01 AM »
sad

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 10:45:48 AM »
I thought, "well I hope we keep it close.  I'd hate for us to get boat-raced here."  If Baylor would've stretched out the lead to 20 or so points, that would've killed me.

After the missed field goal I thought "You know, if we can just get a score here...."

Oh man. I got so nervous when we tried to pass like five times in a row and ended up in 3rd and ten even after getting bailed out by that penalty.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 10:55:24 AM »
I was yelling "You gotta be kidding me" over and over.  Who would have thought they would go to the endzone on a 4th and 5?  Not me.  It was a great catch.  I was  :sdeek:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »

right/ because Griffin doesn't trust Wright to come up w/ a big catch.  Griffin recognized the blitz and saw man coverage on one of the best receivers in the conference so he threw it up and the Wright made an incredible catch.  to blame that TD on Hartman is rough ridin' dumb.

Well.. it is either Hartman or the defensive scheme's fault (and considering there's a doctor scheme devoted thread....).  He blew his coverage, plain and simple.  Would it have stopped him from making that catch.. who knows.  But the corner was supposed to have the help over the top.. and he didn't.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
I was like...if we're going to lose...at least they are making ridiculous plays.   :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 11:11:07 AM »

Well.. it is either Hartman or the defensive scheme's fault (and considering there's a doctor scheme devoted thread....).  He blew his coverage, plain and simple.  Would it have stopped him from making that catch.. who knows.  But the corner was supposed to have the help over the top.. and he didn't.

Hartman was expecting a short route because it was 4th and 4. Really, there's nothing anybody could have done to prevent that touchdown, assuming Griffin made the same throw into coverage as he did to a wide open receiver. Given Hartman's lack of athleticism, he probably defended the play the way he should have. It was just hard to watch.

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
ranting nonsensically about how many points we left on the field from settling for field goals. "WE COULD HAVE BEEN UP 21-7 IN THE 1st QUARTER AND NOW WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THIS!  :angry: "

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »
ranting nonsensically about how many points we left on the field from settling for field goals. "WE COULD HAVE BEEN UP 21-7 IN THE 1st QUARTER AND NOW WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THIS!  :angry: "

That was pathetic. The team probably practiced like crap all last week. I'm sure they would have won by more if that weren't the case.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »
ranting nonsensically about how many points we left on the field from settling for field goals. "WE COULD HAVE BEEN UP 21-7 IN THE 1st QUARTER AND NOW WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THIS!  :angry: "

This is what I thought of.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 11:17:40 AM »

When Wright dove to make that catch his feet were in the middle of the "E" in the endzone.  Hartmans back foot was outside the endzone and he was just making his first step in.  Griffin overthrew it, causing Wright to have to make an amazing diving catch.  If Griffin throws that ball 3 yards shorter Wright makes the catch in the middle of the endzone jogging backwards while Hartman chases him from 4 yards behind.  Griffin's overthrow and Wright's amazing catch doesn't take away the fact that Hartman still got burned.

Hartman getting burned and Griffin/Wrights pass and catch are independent of each other.  Just like Hartman's shitty coverage in the Miami game where he got burned and the receiver was two yards behind him.  If Harris doesn't make a shitty pass and overthrow him, we would have lost that game 31-28.  Hartman still got burned and he had absolutely nothing to do with the receiver he was covering not making the catch.   

Also, go watch Hartman on Baylor's 2nd TD where the guy ran down the side line.  Rather than angle back to knock him out of bounds, he runs right at the receiver, ignoring the fact that there are 2 blockers between him and the receiver, and takes himself out of the play.  Hartman's job is to run around, take up space, and give the illusion of safety coverage on passing plays, and to wait for a running play to try and lay a big hit if someone already has him wrapped up.  If the guy is running at him, his job is to stop 2 yards short and dive at feet.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:29:01 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:08 AM »

That was pathetic. The team probably practiced like crap all last week. I'm sure they would have won by more if that weren't the case.

2 weeks in a row?! oh man...that's on the coaches, dr. scheme.