Author Topic: Why is this Missouri's Super Bowl  (Read 1857 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Why is this Missouri's Super Bowl
« on: February 27, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »
Between DeArmond obsessing over Jake's comments and all the MU fans treating this game like it is a Final 4 game...I don't get it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Why is this Missouri's Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »
For either team, a win in this game could mean the 2nd seed in the Big 12 tournament, would nearly lock it up for us.  The loser (especially for MU) could fall to 5th and be playing on Wednesday in Kansas City.  More to lose for MU, but we could still fall.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 04:33:27 PM »
I guess but aren't all games against conf foes this time of year important?  mu seems to be obsessed with KSU.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:34:16 PM »
I guess but aren't all games against conf foes this time of year important?  mu seems to be obsessed with KSU.

their jealousy over the fact that we are #6 and they beat us? :dunno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »
True.  I think they do obsess with us.  But I guess if we had never been to a Final 4 in our history, we might obsess about other programs that have too.  :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 04:44:28 PM »
True.  I think they do obsess with us.  But I guess if we had never been to a Final 4 in our history, we might obsess about other programs that have too.  :dunno:

yeah, it's pretty logical.  they've had an almost identical season as kstate and can't even crack the top 25.  meanwhile america is head over heels in love with emaw.  a little obsession seems normal.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 05:06:52 PM »
Its amazing how a decent non con impacts perception

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »

yeah, it's pretty logical.  they've had an almost identical season as kstate and can't even crack the top 25.  meanwhile america is head over heels in love with emaw.  a little obsession seems normal.

I think the national preception that Anderson is a little "shady" and will cut corners hurst them too. 

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »

I think the national preception that Anderson is a little "shady" and will cut corners hurst them too. 

As well as the national perception that they're ugly, love meth and slavery, and hate puppies.

I mean, they're just not very lovable.   :dunno:

Online jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 01:26:44 AM »
Better question: If MU's school of journalism is so good, why are the DeArmonds bros so terrible?