Author Topic: RG3: How would you scheme for him??  (Read 15817 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: RG3: How would you scheme for him??
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
In Cosh We Trust. The only thing we can hope for is that he bends us but doesnt break us.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »
Guys, we just held The U to 400 yards and forced Jacory "Jockstrap" Harris to throw an interception. Is there a color for "not concerned"? Purple with 1980s stripes, you say? Well, color me that.

Hey everyone, check out the sarcasm from the big city elitist trying to big time the earnest small town bumpkins that love their university.  Sure it makes him feel successful, but its real purpose is to paper over the insecurity that follows the stench of his small-town past whenever he is around his big city friends.  This is revenge for the "oh" and smile that accompanies the disclosure of his alma mater, the stain that cannot be washed away.  The shame.

Well we like who we are felix rex.  We like it just fine.  We don't aspire to put on airs and knell at the foot of our obtrusive
government overlords.  We prefer a life of liberty and the comforts afforded in a true community of our peers.

EMAW

Everytime I shake someone's hand out here, I'm worried they'll notice the rough calluses still ridged along the top of my palm, like five unrelenting witnesses who shred right through the warm towel of my crab dinner persona, clinging accussingly to each tell-tale crease and corner.  And I smile and laugh and toss back cocktails with names of girls I wish I'd dated or guys I probably beat up "back home", all the while wondering if they really mean it when they say "everyone out here is working to retire to a ranch and hell, Kansas, you were born on third." this last comment is invariably followed by lots of back-slapping as we return to our menus. Do they really want my advice on the pros and cons of each cut of meat? They say its like me asking about wine. But sometimes I think it feels more like asking their blue ribbon pony to stamp out the answers to simple addition problems while they applaud and immediately double-check each answer on a smart phone, exchanging mirthful, silent nods about the engaging yet reductive charm of such bucolic talents.    
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »
Guys, we just held The U to 400 yards and forced Jacory "Jockstrap" Harris to throw an interception. Is there a color for "not concerned"? Purple with 1980s stripes, you say? Well, color me that.

Hey everyone, check out the sarcasm from the big city elitist trying to big time the earnest small town bumpkins that love their university.  Sure it makes him feel successful, but its real purpose is to paper over the insecurity that follows the stench of his small-town past whenever he is around his big city friends.  This is revenge for the "oh" and smile that accompanies the disclosure of his alma mater, the stain that cannot be washed away.  The shame.

Well we like who we are felix rex.  We like it just fine.  We don't aspire to put on airs and knell at the foot of our obtrusive
government overlords.  We prefer a life of liberty and the comforts afforded in a true community of our peers.

EMAW

Everytime I shake someone's hand out here, I'm worried they'll notice the rough calluses still ridged along the top of my palm, like five unrelenting witnesses who shred right through the warm towel of my crab dinner persona, clinging accussingly to each tell-tale crease and corner.  And I smile and laugh and toss back cocktails with names of girls I wish I'd dated or guys I probably beat up "back home", all the while wondering if they really mean it when they say "everyone out here is working to retire to a ranch and hell, Kansas, you were born on third." this last comment is invariably followed by lots of back-slapping as we return to our menus. Do they really want my advice on the pros and cons of each cut of meat? They say its like me asking about wine. But sometimes I think it feels more like asking their blue ribbon pony to stamp out the answers to simple addition problems while they applaud and immediately double-check each answer on a smart phone, exchanging mirthful, silent nods about the engaging yet reductive charm of such bucolic talents.   

How you survived the wilderness that is kstatefans.com is a small miracle.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
oh you guys

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »
I can't do this to myself until maybe thursday
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 10:42:47 PM »
Gotta pick your poison, and I think we should try to take away the pass and make him run. They're obviously emphasizing the pass with him this season, so maybe throw something different at him and see if he can adjust. Maybe something like the 3-man rush max zone...although that will generate no pressure on him whatsoever. You gotta keep a spy on him if you do that, too. So maybe rush 3 down lineman, and use Arthur as a rover who either rushes or else spies Griffin.

:frown:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 11:22:03 PM »
Gotta pick your poison, and I think we should try to take away the pass and make him run. They're obviously emphasizing the pass with him this season, so maybe throw something different at him and see if he can adjust. Maybe something like the 3-man rush max zone...although that will generate no pressure on him whatsoever. You gotta keep a spy on him if you do that, too. So maybe rush 3 down lineman, and use Arthur as a rover who either rushes or else spies Griffin.

Very happy we have Cosh on the case.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »
Obz is going to try to beat him by himself by using up redic amount of clock. The ego on bill is unreal.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 11:49:50 PM »
Some guys are just so talented that a scheme isn't enough.  You must have the talent to match them.  We need to get pressure with a 3 or 4 man rush.  We need 3 linebackers that RG3 can't outrun. And we need very good corners.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:53:57 PM by Ira Hayes »

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 01:01:27 AM »
Probably won't blitz too much, and prob. a good thing.  Prob do a contain on the edges and dont give open lanes in the line. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 10:25:50 AM »
Did Miami expose our safeties?  Not really.  Miami finally popped Miller from 60 yards out and that changed things up a little.  Safeties moved up closer to assist to keep that from repeating.  We were FAR more fearful of Miller than balls over the top couresty of Harris.

The difference this week will be that baylor's running game is not Miami's running game.  Miami's running game will scare the sh_t out of everybody they face.  Baylor's will not.

Safeties back....blitz, but choose appropriate times to blitz.  Spy with DEs and a LB.  Pressure this week is not as important as containing RG3 when he scrambles and limiting successful deep balls.  See Oklahoma State last year vs. Baylor.  OSU had an average defense...no better than we are this year.  Keep it in front...play to your strengths which for us and OSU last year was LBs who can make plays in space and safeties who excel in cover 2.

A serious run threat gives us issues....RG3 and Baylor are not Leach-Tech style passing game. 

Then take the air out of the ball and control the clock.  Run for 350-400 yards and let RG3 sit and watch. 

Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
Did Miami expose our safeties?  Not really.  Miami finally popped Miller from 60 yards out and that changed things up a little.  Safeties moved up closer to assist to keep that from repeating.  We were FAR more fearful of Miller than balls over the top couresty of Harris.

The difference this week will be that baylor's running game is not Miami's running game.  Miami's running game will scare the sh_t out of everybody they face.  Baylor's will not.

Safeties back....blitz, but choose appropriate times to blitz.  Spy with DEs and a LB.  Pressure this week is not as important as containing RG3 when he scrambles and limiting successful deep balls.  See Oklahoma State last year vs. Baylor.  OSU had an average defense...no better than we are this year.  Keep it in front...play to your strengths which for us and OSU last year was LBs who can make plays in space and safeties who excel in cover 2.

A serious run threat gives us issues....RG3 and Baylor are not Leach-Tech style passing game. 

Then take the air out of the ball and control the clock.  Run for 350-400 yards and let RG3 sit and watch. 

jfc, give me a helmet and send me out there. :love:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »

I was going to say mix up a lot of zone coverages and take turns spying.  Chose a few zone blitzes here and there.

However, I would not...NOT...send the house at any point, ever.  We'll run on Baylor.  We'll score on Baylor.  We'll probably frustrate them with the crowd.  We win this game by making them kick inside of the red zone.  We lose by letting them score outside of it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 10:33:51 AM »

:thumbs:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »
Arthur is gonna eff him up and send him out with a concussion  :lynchmob:  :emawkid:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 10:43:11 AM »
Nigel Malone needs to pick him off. And get PI if he's going to get beat.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 10:44:38 AM »
Nigel Malone needs to pick him off. And get PI if he's going to get beat.

He's proven to be capable of both of those. :thumbs:

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »

3-man rush max zone is just stupid... which we will probably do.. WE use to do that crap all the time against TT and they would slice and dice us like Bobby Flay.  3 man gets us no pressure and if he decides to run there is no one there to stop him.  Now if you are rushing four and blitzing all the time and putting him on his ass everytime he throws he is going to start rushing and feeling the pressure.  he will make bad throws and we will interecept.. but like I said, we will probably do a 3 man rush and watch him shred us like cheese...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 10:51:02 AM »
Rush 10 and drop Arthur into coverage to pick 6 him if he gets a pass off

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »
While fully understanding that K-State didn't want Harris running around all over the place back there, so there was a decided effort to keep him in the pocket, there's no way a 3 man rush from this K-State defense gets any kind of pressure.

Plus, who here can be impressed with any blitz package that Chris Cosh has designed since being back at K-State??    

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »
1. Hookers and blow the night before

2.  :lol: Hrebec being able to catch him to hit his knees  :lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 11:02:04 AM »

Hrebec could just take him out after he's already thrown the ball, like he tried, and failed, to do to Harris.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »

Hrebec could just take him out after he's already thrown the ball, like he tried, and failed, to do to Harris.

Oh.  Yeah, lets to this.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »

I was going to say mix up a lot of zone coverages and take turns spying.  Chose a few zone blitzes here and there.

However, I would not...NOT...send the house at any point, ever.  We'll run on Baylor.  We'll score on Baylor.  We'll probably frustrate them with the crowd.  We win this game by making them kick inside of the red zone.  We lose by letting them score outside of it.

There are moments in life when somebody states something that screams, "this is a Kaboom moment".  And there it is..."KABOOM" (yes, I feel confident enough in the team to start bringing a few KABOOMS back...been on the shelf collecting dust since '03)

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2011, 11:07:27 AM »
While fully understanding that K-State didn't want Harris running around all over the place back there, so there was a decided effort to keep him in the pocket, there's no way a 3 man rush from this K-State defense gets any kind of pressure.

Plus, who here can be impressed with any blitz package that Chris Cosh has designed since being back at K-State??    

1) spy
2) deep zone