Author Topic: Nothing says "Nobel Peace Prize" . . .  (Read 4370 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nothing says "Nobel Peace Prize" . . .
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
like this kind of research going on right under the nose of the Peace Prize Winner . . . the same administration would like to remind you that their "Prompt Global Strike" initiative does not fall under any existing strategic arms limitations treaties.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/national-security/a-future-for-drones-automated-killing/2011/09/15/gIQAVy9mgK_print.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing says "Nobel Peace Prize" . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
We're the USA, we make killing people fun. And profitable!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »
WHAT ABOUT THEIR DUE PROCESS RIGHTS!!!!  OH WAIT, OBAMA IS IN CHARGE . . . NEVER MIND!!!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »
WHAT ABOUT THEIR DUE PROCESS RIGHTS!!!!  OH WAIT, OBAMA IS IN CHARGE . . . NEVER MIND!!!

you realize that his progressive liberal base is more or less furious with him, right?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:17:21 PM »

you realize that his progressive liberal base is more or less furious with him, right?

So that makes everybody furious with him?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:28:31 PM »

according to Rush Limbaugh

would love to see some of that "fury" on goEMAW 

The sooner you realize that the "progressive liberal base" is a bunch of lazy, hypocritical, money grabbing, greedy philanthropists by proxy, the sooner you'll be all grown up.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »

The sooner you realize that the "progressive liberal base" is a bunch of lazy, hypocritical, money grabbing, greedy philanthropists by proxy

you haven't met a single progressive in your life, have you?

also, i'm from austin, so i know a ton of progressives, and they all think obama's bush 2.0. they won't vote for the tea party because they hate and fear them, but they'll definitely stay home on election day.

/threadjack

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:45:11 AM »
I think FSD is talking about these people...

...and their sudden lack of existence once Obama showed up and attacked Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, and God knows who else.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 02:20:53 AM »

...and their sudden lack of existence once Obama showed up and attacked Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, and God knows who else.

Fair enough. Most of the progressives I know don't really give their allegiance to either party and have been bitching since 2003 regardless of who's been in power. But that's just my perspective; the protesters who were out in force against Iraq should've kept up the heat on Obama for sure.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 08:18:29 AM »

The sooner you realize that the "progressive liberal base" is a bunch of lazy, hypocritical, money grabbing, greedy philanthropists by proxy

you haven't met a single progressive in your life, have you?

also, i'm from austin, so i know a ton of progressives, and they all think obama's bush 2.0. they won't vote for the tea party because they hate and fear them, but they'll definitely stay home on election day.

/threadjack

Bull, most so called progressives don't care . . . a Democrat is president, that's all they care about.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

Fair enough. Most of the progressives I know don't really give their allegiance to either party and have been bitching since 2003 regardless of who's been in power. But that's just my perspective; the protesters who were out in force against Iraq should've kept up the heat on Obama for sure.

You can't tell me that there was not a feeling of "victory" by ALL progressives when O was elected... I think the point is that this is a perfect example of how far in fantasyland many of them really are. I am glad to hear that many of them are outraged with this administration, and perhaps this should serve as an example to re-think what and who it is that they support. All around the globe, socially and financially "liberal" policies are failing.  :dunno:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 07:05:52 PM »
I guess I don't see why anyone would be in such an uproar over utilizing our military technology and putting UAV's in harm's way instead of American soldiers. 

:ck:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 11:08:59 PM »
It's okay  Ben, you can admit that the only thing you care about is that it's a Democrat making the decisions to kill people . . . nevermind that even former special operations and CIA personnel admit that it's likely that at least 50% of the people killed in various drone attacks are innocent non-combatants, and that the vast majority of the operations are conducted with little to no Congressional oversight.   Plus studies show that the drones are likely creating even more enemies of the United States . . . it seems people don't like pilotless drones firing Hellfire missiles into their mud huts from 50,000 feet. 

Say, did I just read that the U.S. plans to keep its secret prison open at Bagram Air Field/Base and is even going to hire contractors to expand it, and that they plan to continue to "fly in" (translation: rendition) captured "combatants" from other countries into the facility??

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »
Also turns out they don't like when you stage a coup against the first democratically elected government in your nations history of thousands of years all because they nationalized their own oil. Believe it or not they still might be mad at us for that.

Or is it because we're free?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »
Obama won't tax the super rich and continues to reign death down on any person/country/tribal region that looks sideways at the US meanwhile Gitmo humms along.

I feel like we won the election after all.   :kstategrad:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 03:07:12 PM »
It's okay  Ben, you can admit that the only thing you care about is that it's a Democrat making the decisions to kill people . . . nevermind that even former special operations and CIA personnel admit that it's likely that at least 50% of the people killed in various drone attacks are innocent non-combatants, and that the vast majority of the operations are conducted with little to no Congressional oversight.   Plus studies show that the drones are likely creating even more enemies of the United States . . . it seems people don't like pilotless drones firing Hellfire missiles into their mud huts from 50,000 feet. 

Say, did I just read that the U.S. plans to keep its secret prison open at Bagram Air Field/Base and is even going to hire contractors to expand it, and that they plan to continue to "fly in" (translation: rendition) captured "combatants" from other countries into the facility??

I would rather put UAV's in dangerous situations than American soldiers.  It costs a lot more money to put troops on the ground than it does to utilize drone technology.  Aside from that, Obama has announced plans to withdraw most troops from Iraq by next year. 

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »

I would rather put UAV's in dangerous situations than American soldiers.  It costs a lot more money to put troops on the ground than it does to utilize drone technology.  Aside from that, Obama has announced plans to withdraw most troops from Iraq by next year. 

This is just following Bush's plan. That war was won years ago.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 06:54:29 PM »
Will believe it when I see it. Obama's whole campaign was to bring the troops home. Then, what did he do? BOOM 30K more troops. Really a man of peace.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
Ben, officially in the Just Say No To War . . . Unless a Democrat is President.

Hey, who cares if innocent people get killed, who cares if they hate us even more now, who cares if the U.S. is expanding their secret prison at Bagram, who cares if they are still conducting rendition flights . . . Barry Obama is president and that's all that matters.

Hypocrisy . . . thy name is OregonHawk.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 09:50:01 AM »

those "studies" are done in tribal areas of Pakistan and are proven to be unreliable at best

2nd Obama said very clearly in his campaign that he would use drones to strike targets in Pakistan w/o their approval.  There is nothing new here.

Get better talking points.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
Everything is unreliable, it's one sides word against the other, if you want to believe every drone strike is carried with surgical precision and that every person killed was a legitimate threat to U.S. National Security then please share . . .  :bigtoke:

Also, thanks for pointing out the Hypocrisy of the average Obamabot.  Expanding war, state sanctioned assassination, the expanded use of the CIA, ongoing rendition etc. etc.  All fine . . . as long as Democrat is doing it.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
Obama is withdrawing troops from Iraq as we speak.  Like I said, I'd rather use drones to wipe out our enemies than put troops on the ground and cost our country trillions in long-term debt.  I believe we can fight terrorism without completely invading a sovereign country.  It's really pretty simple.  But hey, a Democrat is President, so 'Pad and the rest of the right wing herd are naturally butthurt.

:rolleyes:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 08:39:06 AM »
What "right wing"??

The troops being "withdrawn" are being replaced with hired mercenaries. 

But no need to keep responding Beems, we've got you clearly checked off in the:  Just Say No to War . . . Unless a Democrat is President.

Gitmo still open, Bagram "Black Hole" expanding, rendition flights still happening, war expansion, more contractors working for the military than ever before, war being conducting outside of proper oversight, Patriot Act extended . . . Hope and Change baby.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
Looks to me like Libya, Syria, Egypt, etc, have all been taking matters into their own hands.  The United States is merely playing a supporting role in Libya, as any member of the United Nations would have done.  That's the way you're supposed to do it.  We will be almost completely withdrawn from Iraq by the end of 2011.  But hey, I guess the right wing nut jobs have to be pissed off about something. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 05:06:04 PM »
Yes Ben, please keep deluding yourself in that "supporting role" talking point. 

Meanwhile 800 "instructors" on tap to go to Iraq between now and March.

. . . and by all means keep hitting the little feel good talking points and completely ignoring the big picture reality.