Author Topic: I've heard this one before but not as much confidence...  (Read 5608 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I've heard this one before but not as much confidence...
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:13:15 PM »
it will end the same way.  Stop me if you've heard it before.

KSU goes on the road to play an elite caliber private team on the coast with a huge television market.  A program with multiple national titles and always one of the most talented teams that gets a lot of players drafted.  It's a new coach known for being on the defensive side of the ball as an assistant in prior stints.  A veteran, multi-year starting QB who has been turnover prone in his career and led mediocre teams.  The year starts with "2" and ends in "1".  KSU has a new starting QB going into the game who is known more for his running than throwing as he is inconsistent as a passer.  An injured starting LT (though in that game he got injured during the game), an NFL caliber fullback, a 6'0 220ish lb RB with excellent speed.  The DL has a lot of new starters and the LB unit has one full-time new starter with another who started after mid-season the previous year.  The secondary has a FS who is 6'3 and from Kansas.  A starter at one of the DTs is polynesian.  One starting DE is a 6'0ish 250lbish JC transfer in his first year starting.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: I've heard this one before but not as much confidence...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:14:32 PM »
nope, nothing....    :ck:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
USC 2001?
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 01:24:54 PM »
That game, while ending well for us, was horrible to watch.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:25:13 PM »
USC 2001?

I really would like for fatty to post another one of these afterwards:

just hope we don't put Lockett back deep to return punts...too dejavu-ish.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 01:28:46 PM »
That game, while ending well for us, was horrible to watch.

it most certainly wasn't horrible to watch our offense put up 350 on a defense stacked with future NFL players (Shaun Cody, Mike Patterson, kelechi udeze, troy polamalu, etc.)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
Hope an o-lineman center scores our only touchdown again.

:ohno:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »
on the first snap of that famous fatty youtube...our o-line gouged the living eff out of them...

can we do that to Miami....? nope

we also had a winning attitude. Coming off the 2000 Cotton Bowl win...the first game of 2001 we really believed we were the hullabaloo.......
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:54:12 PM by Bookcat »

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
Hope an o-lineman center scores our only touchdown again.

:ohno:
The feel good story of Finney or Puetz will get the job done
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 06:22:57 PM »
Great game - I was there and piss-drunk; I could hardly walk at the end - I love stadiums that serve beer!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
Great game - I was there and piss-drunk; I could hardly walk at the end - I love stadiums that serve beer!

Sounds like you were probably a dick/embarassing to be around.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
LOL that we beat USC by more than we beat EKU.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DoDRepeat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 08:46:09 PM »
Except this time we'll be lucky to score 10 and keep them under 60

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
Yep, I was at that USC game too. This is NOT that game. We don't have near the same talent in 2011 as we did in 2001.  USC in 2001 was probably not quite as talented as Miami 2011 (especially offensively). I don't think this game is ever close, even though WE think it is, final score Miami 21 - K-State 10.  I have a feeling that K-State will have somebody really have a GREAT day - probably garner them an All-American or position award or something later on (could be Arthur Brown, he'll definitely want to lay the wood to his old team).
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 10:36:22 PM »

Sounds like you were probably a dick/embarassing to be around.

Meh - not really, more fun to be around... I'm enjoyed by all (except you).
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 12:52:40 AM »
Yep, I was at that USC game too. This is NOT that game. We don't have near the same talent in 2011 as we did in 2001.  USC in 2001 was probably not quite as talented as Miami 2011 (especially offensively). I don't think this game is ever close, even though WE think it is, final score Miami 21 - K-State 10.  I have a feeling that K-State will have somebody really have a GREAT day - probably garner them an All-American or position award or something later on (could be Arthur Brown, he'll definitely want to lay the wood to his old team).

jeezus.  What did we have at receiver or TE in 2001 that we don't know?  We were trying to beat them with Nick Warren, Brandon Clark, and Aaron Lockett (far more effective with a big play receiver opposite btw).

Ell was a gifted runner but a different type of runner than Klein.  Klein will be effective in his own way.  Is Scobey more talented than Bryce?  The OL only had one pro on it that day, Nick Leckey.  That OL had it's struggles that year as well.  I don't think Miami 2011 has more talent than USC 2001 on the defensive side of the ball but that USC defense was young.  Miami definitely has a better OL and RB than that team but not better wide receivers or QB. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 06:05:04 AM »

jeezus.  What did we have at receiver or TE in 2001 that we don't know?  We were trying to beat them with Nick Warren, Brandon Clark, and Aaron Lockett (far more effective with a big play receiver opposite btw).

Ell was a gifted runner but a different type of runner than Klein.  Klein will be effective in his own way.  Is Scobey more talented than Bryce?  The OL only had one pro on it that day, Nick Leckey.  That OL had it's struggles that year as well.  I don't think Miami 2011 has more talent than USC 2001 on the defensive side of the ball but that USC defense was young.  Miami definitely has a better OL and RB than that team but not better wide receivers or QB. 

Yes.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 07:37:32 AM »
i love multifunction feel good threads like this.  part "hey, remember the dod?"  part "we can win this thing!"  part "we're a really good team!" 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »

Yeah, no kidding. We are a better team than we were in 2001 and Miami is not better than 2001 USC. That doesn't mean we should win, though. Looking back, we were lucky to catch a win at USC.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 08:53:50 AM »
remember who we had playing right guard and long snapper in 2001? I do, and let me tell you they are not as good the right guard and long snapper we have playing now.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
.... part "we're a really good team!" 

assumptions, assumptions

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 12:45:19 PM »
on the first snap of that famous fatty youtube...our o-line gouged the living eff out of them...

can we do that to Miami....? nope

we also had a winning attitude. Coming off the 2000 Cotton Bowl win...the first game of 2001 we really believed we were the hullabaloo.......
wasn't bill wearing that cotton bowl jacket at the last game :fatty: :emawkid:

Offline MobDeep

• Combo-Fan
  • Ball Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
remember who we had playing right guard and long snapper in 2001? I do, and let me tell you they are not as good the right guard and long snapper we have playing now.

Let me tell you that you are wrong. Our longsnapper is shitty this year.  :cry:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »

Let me tell you that you are wrong. Our longsnapper is shitty this year.  :cry:
yes but compared to 2001's he is amazing. and compared to miamis 2001 and present long snapper he is also amazing, therefore  we should win. go Cats!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »
Miami will prison rape K-State.  Look at what they did to Ohio State.